1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash-shop items - Increased value on Marketplace

Discussion in 'Archive' started by CM Yukimura, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Infidel TB

Hahah, what a joke and epic moronic management.
    "reinvigorate the economy" means "reinvigorate are profit margin"...which must be falling for them to do something this stupid.

What these kids should do is decrease the cost of pearls by 90% and watch sales go up 10 fold or more. Next time I'll change for advice this advice.

2. Wildcard

So, instead of 100% of the actual money they will get 10% money through perl sells. With those cheap perls they sell 10 times more perls then bevore. So they get 100% instead of 100% ... sounds legit ...

Thanak likes this.
  3. LeWaffles

YESSSSSSSSS

P2WAFFLES HAS COME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Thanak

There you go, ruining a good argument with math :)

5. Wildcard

Dmn, soooorry ...:(

6. Kaiserx

If costumes costs $15 rather than 30, you will actually see more than 200% in sales. It's because most of the B2P players who gets this game cheap, would not want to invest money if the cosmetic charge is that steep.

If you go to a mall and see those $5~$10 cheap clothing stores, you see some people generally buy them in bulk for spares...
    But go to those stores that sells $50~300 clothing, and you'll see much less people overall, anyone who shops in there are either rich or was saving for a single item or set they need for a special occasion. Daily Wear vs Luxury Wear, unfortunately comparisons can't be made in a game because you can't exactly see proper visual change per gear without taking a different stat gain from them.

There is a reason why back when MMO started, that the subscription price was set at $15. It's because it's the price point where everyone agrees it's a fair average, and most MMOs back then had good quality, RP, and lore to back up that price point. When it transcended into F2P and B2P, apparently publishers wants to make their revenue back just as fast as a $15 sub per player (which is a bit retarded because development cost is much lower as you aren't in a rush half the time unlike a sub MMO where long periods of no updates will irk subscribers who sees their money being wasted).

In F2P games, a massive majority of players earns the publisher $0 a year unless they cater to the players with a good item shop/cash system, of which you see an explosive millions to billions dollars a year. They don't even need a extremely good content system, simply being active and fair will see money roll in eventually.

In B2P games though, the revenue per year is dramatically lower due to a very high quality requirement for content, to meet expectations, a lot of publishers panic if they don't see money rolling in ASAP, fearing their shareholders or investors would immediately abandon ship...

#246 Kaiserx, Jul 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  7. Wildcard

And now show us the data you are referring to, plz?

8. Thanak

Yet more than 50% of the people I see in game have a paid for costume...

Don't you think that a company that live or die according to the profit generated by it's cash shop has some serious and professional people setting the prices ? I believe that the model they use to make their decision is step above the gut feelings of forum members.

Wildcard likes this.
  9. Hyppocritten

*Giggled* You have seen interview with their marketing manager right?

10. Tronx'

I have another solution to reinvigorate the marketplace of pearl items:
    DISCOUNTS A.K.A. LOWER THE PRICES

Feels like I should have studied something related to business or economics. This software developer knows too much of whats going on behind.. -sigh-

11. Kaiserx

The ones setting the prices are mainly the ones at the very top of the corporate chain, they have this thing called a net revenue that they seek to meet expectations for, and look into ways to get that money out of it's community.

Unfortunately, sometimes these developers don't act on cheapening their products because they fear that too many players 'buying' out all the pearl content at cheaper prices, will result in less players wanting to buy newer pearl items if they are sitting on a ton of them already...

And compared to all the other MMOs I've spent money on... Mabinogi is the only game that I've spent over $300 across 3-5 years of playing that game in the past, I don't even log on anymore to that game. $300 is very little compared to most of the veterans in that game spending $1000 a month on cosmetic goods like dyes and such. Btw, stuff like dyes cost like $1 in mabinogi.
    1000 NX = $1. Pets cost around 4-6 dollars at minimum.

People badmouth Nexon, but they reap a ton of profits regardless.

#251 Kaiserx, Jul 28, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
  12. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

@Plunge so..... where's that "they'll never increase the prices" talk? xD :D

13. aidlac

Alright so.... I'm fairly sure everybody could predict and/or realise that more players + longer time in a game with "infinite" silver (since mobs and silver spawn from nothing) equals more silver in-game.
    My question then becomes to you Kakao: what the actual heck? ._. You can not tell me when you first listed and capped the price that you didn't understand or didn't know the silver in-game would increase. If you want to use the reason "too much silver, not enough cash shop items", you'd seen that after 1-2 months, not a year.

OI CM'S/GM'S: Grow some balls and be upfront instead of using excuses!

14. aidlac

Then again: 4(36x5) (5 costumes a week, 4 weeks in a month) = 720 million a month for just swiping your card :v
    Also, 4(24x5) = 480.

You can see how 720 million is a "bit" more than 480 million, ye? ^^

15. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

and how many % player base does this monthly for years?

16. aidlac

the fact that even 1 person can is wrong.

17. Polen

I'm one of those strongly against P2W aspects people in the game, so I could complain but that's not the point.
    I buy only value pack monthly since it's, a must, in a high priced engame items. We speak bout milions so yeah.

By increasing price of costumes they indeed increased amount of them going to the marketplace which was a good change.
    I think what we as a playerbase, which do not invest too much irl money into the game, are scared that at certain point things will end up like they did in f.e. Archeage and those casuals will become monsters just because they will be able to buy everything.

I have mixed feelings about buying 10 other "convinience items" to even stay competetive. And unfortunetly things may end up like that.

So changing price accordingly to the game stage wasn't that bad but hopefully we won't reach the point "Casual players" will start making alot more money weekly just from selling costumes than we do from 10h daily endgame grinds for whole week. Sounds crazy but we never know.
    Cheers

18. BBgone

people who complains about the "p2w" are buying pearl items on the MP T_T can't have it both ways boys

19. Plunge

Plunge Cadern_180831091355734 Valkyrie 57 NA

20. docsexperts

hello contact me