1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cash-shop items - marketplace value increase

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Praballo, Dec 11, 2019.

1. BraveHeart

Ever calculated how much premium outfits you need to sell to buy 1 PEN gear piece?

2. Blitzball

Whales don't care. There are a lot of millionaires in this game. Keep that in mind.

3. BraveHeart

Doubt it, those whales are a small minority just like in all games and they don't upset the game balance at all. People with that kind of money have usually better things to do than playing games all day.

4. Doom Smack

Im not saying I support or against this change, but just in response to what you are saying - the increased silver price has no negative effect on people who pay silver for them on market (actually is better), because the amount of cron stones is also increased, so silver to cron cost stays the same. The small benefit is that don't need to buy as many costumes, and perhaps more for sale.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

i love people who think that just because its alot for them its alot for some other people. the fact is, it exists and there are people who are gonna use it. even if someone uses it just to skip something that takes some guy a year or two (or whatever) its still considerable advantage.

now waiting for people to tell me "i dont pvp or do nodewars or siege so it doesnt affect me at all" ;)

Life2v and Factorial like this.
  6. BraveHeart

If the few rich people want to waste 10k on a game then let them, those few people do not affect the overall game balance at all. A major part of this game is grinding, without the grind there is hardly any game left to play. Good chance that the people that bypass the grind will just get bored of the game more quickly as there is less to do for them. Besides, there will always be players with better gear or are simply better at combat etc, even if you take away the whole pearl store.

7. imprfct

As someone who just recently entered TET territory after playing off and on for 2 years...

PEN is not a dream anymore boys.

#147 imprfct, Dec 13, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    BraveHeart likes this.
  8. pcha2008

This is perfect, hopefully it resolves the 6k+ PO of value pack that no one is getting

BraveHeart likes this.
  9. PancakeRift

Oh my naive child. You couldnt be more wrong. You dont need to be a millionaire to be a successful whale. You could have an income for $20,000p.a and be a successful whale. I dont work fulltime but after the food + bills a payed im left with a few hundred dollars per week that I throw into saving. If I were bad with my money or decided bdo was important enough I could be a rather successful whale.

Anyone who doesnt need to support families or have debt can whale. This is why there are thousands of whales in your standard MMO that allow p2w. This is why companies fall to the greed of killing their games for short term gains.

You couldnt be more wrong.

Haurion, Solitaire, Life2v and 2 others like this.
  10. BraveHeart

Well I didn't brought up the millionairs, it was a reply to a comment. I do think that IF you are a millionair you will probably not play games all day, but have the money to do fun stuff in real life. The actual 'whales' in the game I think are a minority and I don't see how they are winning. In my opinion they are losing the game, because they bypass most of the game content (the grind) and are left with a shallow end game feeling. Playing games is about enjoyment, I enjoy the grind. I really don't care if there are some people that apparently spend way too much money than is healthy on a game, I am not responsible for them. As long as it is not affecting me and the gameplay they can buy the whole pearl store empty and list it on the marketplace.

11. reconkangas

Everyone knew this was coming so it should not have been a surprise.. SEA and pretty much all other areas have had this for months.

Lets be realistic, this is not doomsday for the game or the player base. However there are those like myself that have been holding off for months waiting for this patch to be able to actually make a few (somewhat efficient $$$$ wise) safe attempts to PEN on my last 3 pieces of armor.

But in the end a whale will Buy and Sell regardless of this patch if your willing to spend about $1500 US (post this patch) per piece of PEN weapons and armor and your willing to drop 12k or so for a complete set of gear than be my guest MOST though wont be able to here is why...

The realistic part is easy.
    #1 fam fame will dictate how many outfits they can buy and sell in NA (most whales dont have the patience game wise it will take to be able to sell 40 outfits)

#2 whales or gold whores/CC warriors don't have much in the way of patience even IF they had the money to do it there patience would give up LONG before they ever even come close to finishing what it would take to get to the top even if they could sell 40 outfits (unlikely more like 25-30) it would still take them MONTHS 2+ to buy a full set. I would be guessing they would buy all TET 1st and Tri accesories (or finish buying) so they can play the game further delaying this processes another FEW months

#3 The more likely scenario is things will relatively be unchanged except that items will sell a little faster and for higher silver price. You will see more attempts at enhancements(more TETs not PENs) and the bigger advantages that outfits may actually be available in the market lord only knows AT the current market value they don't sell much.

#4 Used as an income supplement the game is sorely due for an upgrade, Grinding numbers are dwindling not do to the fact that people are leaving the game but there are other ways to make $$$ that are more efficient than PVE at this moment. EVEN the highest geared grinders in Aakman, hystria and stars end will top out between 1.2.-2 bil per week silver depending on the hours spent. More of an avg for people is 750 mil to 1 bil per week while avg grinding is between 2-3 hours daily after this patch most can spend 30 or so per week and supplement that $$$ and still feel like they are moving forward.

PA/Kakao Needs to get on the ball and increase junk loot price and or increase junk drop amounts by double or more to bring back better market stabilization at this point the amount of disposable silver in game is at the lowest i have ever seen it in this game. I don't see whales using this method to buy PEN's, i see the avg player trying to supplement the one thing they cant get back in this game and that's TIME it is more efficient for me to work a few extra hours a week to make gains after this patch than i would be spending 3-4 hours a night grinding.

12. alphaod

I don't personally care for selling pearl outfits for silver, but if you can get extract more crons from pearl items at the same rate I can now, I'm all for it. I couldn't care less if someone else wanted to sell pearl outfits for silver. That's their prerogative.

13. ALO

ALO

So that is why them will boost Valencia and some other location trash loot, so it can be excused for more silver gain, what about balance that is promised for more than 2 years we have more than 35% difference in PVE that is 35%+ difference in income how come PA doesn't do something about it before making change that only purpose is to boost pearl sales ...
    And on 17 KR will get new class we will get more P2W with the GLOBAL MEME SPIT IN THE FACE ...
    just amazing i can't wait for more lies on 28 Dec Festa event, PA are master liers

Life2v likes this.
  14. PancakeRift

If a game is PvE focused P2W doesnt mean much. If you are a PvP'er like myself these kinds of antics kill the game for me. Because it devolves to how big is your credit card or neck beard.

Also, I have played many MMO's. Run into and shared guilds many whales and "super hardcore" players. Millionaires have more time than you could think of my dude. They are more common than youd like to believe too. Most top tier guilds in any competitive MMORPG has these kinds of people in them. Pretty sure BDO had a Saudi prince on EU servers for a while that just bought all his gear.

15. Yemeth26

after 17 you think that they will be more pen on mp?

16. Morthsith

You people need to understand that it works both Way. Thanks to this changes it Will maybe encourage more people to buy Pearl items and list them on MP. Hence, more people would be able to get their costumes etc for in game Silver instead of using their credit card if they dont wish to. You act like you never played other MMO games Such as Aion, Tera, Elder scrolls online etc. In comparison to those games BDO system is not that bad in p2w aspect. 40 dollars for one Pen attempt is extremly high and not everyone Will go for it.

17. WhySoSeeryus

u can get 1 bil+ in a day even with average rng if u grind like crazy. :)

loots scrolls and kama are obviously very welcome.

18. WhySoSeeryus

if anything its gonna make it more obvious that value packs are not worth selling for silver.

19. The_Lord

''EVEN the highest geared grinders in Aakman, hystria and stars end will top out between 1.2-2 bil per week'' ..... wait what lol ? the ''highest geared grinders'' first of all most of them aren't casuals like that and those same people can easily make 1bil per day grinding lmao. And even if they don't go too hard they can still make 600-700mil a day without getting rng carried by rare drops which is about 4.5-5bil a week. You can easily make 100-120mil consistantly and places like stars end nowadays if you are a bit lucky can pull 150m+. Your telling me the most geared grinders in the game grind on average 10-15 hours a week LOL ?

WhySoSeeryus likes this.
  20. hightech

Yeahh you can if you have no job and others have to pay your bills.