1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Casual Players in BDO

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Coeprandua, Oct 16, 2018.

1. DarkBever

Yeah great idea! Let's give even more free items!

2. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Casual players miss out on the amazing end game pvp.

[​IMG]

Pixii, Sibyyl and Ruffe like this.
  3. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

It is the minimum to have fun in nodewars and even with that, it won't really be all that much fun with what the current meta is like and how much AP scales.

The siege scene is very stagnant currently(EU), people sitting in castles for two months now and only saw a change in calpheon very recently with the other guild sitting in it for six weeks.

The general idea is correct. You DO need this to compete, to be among the top.

The problem with casuals is that casuals are more social, the game is very focused on self-centered, selfish play. You cannot trade, you cannot interact, parties do not really add to the grinding experience and even with that left out and away, there is not all that much that you can do with another person to have fun with together(like minigames, life skills for, example music, Go/Chess, etc). It is not a social game, even though it badly needs the social aspects. NPC dating over player marriage, no benefits to having friends or spending time with others beyond the most basic of social bonding, which is not even an ingame reward.
    The community is generally extremely hostile, arrogant, self-rightous and narcissist. It caters to the selfish and self centered "I am the greatest, I am the best" which is even more underlined by classes like wizard and witches which dominate the entire large scale pvp scene. Red battlefield has no equalized stats and again caters to the selfish need to those wanting to be the best, rather than the achievement of becoming the best through practise and training and carefully considering your builds.

Jeanina likes this.
  4. BloodLeshen

Yeah I'm probably against all odds.. I'm a casual player that likes pvp and really dislikes questing and life skills. i attend Node wars, SMH, and any guild related stuff.... if I am online although for NW I try to make time. I enjoy grinding but do not grind every day..

On top of that I probably play the most anti-casual class.. Sorc,. But then again I know sorc inside out from reading and always pvping even with lower GS.

I still enjoy the game and see it as a long term project instead of getting strong over night.

Played another heavy pvp p2w mmo for 4 years casually and took me 4 years and didn't even reach soft cap but pvp was always fun.

The one good thing about BDO is its very easy to make money and even if it is only 10mil a day... you will get there eventually..

5. OceanPerson

I bet 0 casuals even care about any of this stuff.
    The casuals i know log in watch a few youtube guides go out and do it then tell me all about it like it is the coolest thing in the game only to do that same thing the very next day with something new.
    I got a friend on the SEA server that spent 3 weeks of 1-2 hours grinding a night for the asula necklace then i found out he had 0 pets. He was so happy like it was an epic item. I let him know you can buy pets he bought some and now he is omg i feel so stupid as he got the rest of the set in 2 days. However he was having fun.

zhagsten likes this.
  6. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 63 NA

Wow. Went right to personal insults.

Desado likes this.
  7. Capitaine Courage

Just a mirror answer to your own condescension, you reap what you sow.

8. Sibyyl

Sibyyl Heart Maehwa 63 NA

How does my comment about a person's approach to a game compare to IRL insult from you? Please elaborate.

Desado likes this.
  9. MoonDance17

MoonDance17 Lahn 61 NA

A
    A lot of top guilds do not take in new members unless they are already at this so called soft cap of at least full tet armor and weapons and tri accessories.

10. Pixii

I'm curious to know what the actual soft-cap is based on statistics.
    The only chart I've been able to find is Dulfy's 2 Year Anniversary Infograph:
    http://dulfy.net/2018/03/02/black-desert-2-year-anniversary-infographic/

In 2017, there were 3,899,079 Characters Created (NA Server) and the most popular classes were Sorceress & Dark Knight (11% each).
    ONLY 630 PENs were crafted in 2017. There is no data to specify whether a character had multiple PEN, or just one PEN. (But if we pretend that 630 characters had 1 PEN each, that's 0.02% of PENs in the character population)

I'd love to see some information on how many TETs/TRIs were crafted.
    In my opinion, full TRI is the soft cap (any non-boss gear, as long as it's TRI) but I'm just basing that on Market Place data.
    The reason I think that is because full (non-boss) TRI gear probably costs around 1 Billion to obtain (depending on the pieces).
    And it will take a brand new player (brand new account) a few months to work their way up to their first 1 Billion silver.
    But once they get there, (acquire some CP/EN over time, get a decent worker empire started, get some Life Skills, find a regular grinding routine, etc)
    it will be easier to make their second billion silver and start upgrading to full TRI+ Boss gear.

For Example:
    2468 TRI Kzarka Amulet's have been sold on the MP since the game's NA release in 2016 (although I don't know if Sorc was one of the original classes released, so technically this is 2468 sales since the release of the sorc)
    470 TETs and 3 PENs.
    The most popular green weapon for sorcs is the Rosar Amulet (base sales: 537,775
    1036 TRI: Ultimate Rosar Amulet sales, 12 TET, 0 PEN

These same difference in numbers will exist for other classes and weapons.
    Where the top 3 weapon choices are: Kzarka, Liverto, Green/Ultimate of choice (between 800-3000 sales)
    Dropping to 300-800 Sales for TETs
    And Usually 0-10 for PENs
    (I'm just looking at weapons for that data)

So really, I feel like people are trolling/being sarcastic when they say soft cap is all TET.
    If I cared to do a full/complete/accurate analysis, I would guess say TRI is the soft cap, TET is actually the hard cap, and PEN is the "i either have really good luck, or this is literally the only thing I do right now" cap.

#50 Pixii, Oct 18, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
    MoonDance17 likes this.