1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cd on Stub Arrow and Fg on Fiery Angel

Discussion in 'Musa' started by Synsei96, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Synsei96

I really dont have to many complaints about this class, I love it tbh. But, just two things bother me a bit.

The CD on Stub Arrow:
    -I would just like the cd to not reset when i use it while the cooldown is counting down. It would be nice to just keep your opponent guessing instead of how it is now where if you use it you got to hope it hits for the cc.

A fg on Fiery Angel:
    -Not talking about while you are running if you do some reckless charge and you are caught you deserve to be punished, but if you land the hit I believe it should just be protected.

Those are my only real complaints. Of course there are other things but I can deal with i.e. stamina drain on chase. I wish there wasn't but i understand. Musa is a slippery guy and even I do it where if I live a deadly encounter I zip off and heal, it is understandable for the stamina drain.

I'm not the smartest player but those were my 2 cents. Anyone got anymore ideas?

#1 Synsei96, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  2. Synsei96

Sorry if anything is wrong with the post im still new to posting on here.

3. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I agree with the stub arrow part. Personally for me it is very annoying that CD keeps reseting. I often like to use arrow after arrow when playing a bit more agressivly and it is frustrating when I accidentelly use stub arrow when I didn't plan to and it resets. Ofc, I should be more careful what I press. However reseting cooldown is still ridicilious in my opinion :T
    As for fiery angel I don't think it needs changing. It is a very risky skill to use, but I don't think musas get caught in it too much. If you practice pvp eventually you get pretty used to when you are able to use it and survive, and when you are not. I mostly use it for the mobility or to just confuse a player. Skill itself works extremely well against people who use FG a lot since you can just zoom behind them and hit them in the back :]

I believe musas don't need any more SA, FG in their abilities. Our movement is very simple to do and fast, so I like to think it's some sort of a balance. Compared to classes who have to use pretty long combos to move across the terrain. But they should fix bugs when those super armors simply don't seem to work sometimes. Our E buff should get a fix though since it removes SA on one of our cruical skill D:

But in overall I think this class stands very good atm in pvp, and extremely well in pve. Obviously musas still don't really have a way to deal with classes which can rotate their SA engages/damage into infinity, so only way to deal with them is to simply outdamage them trough their guards. But every class without grab has a problem there so it's nothing new.

4. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Sounds good, always buff musa.

5. Factorial

Neither case needs attention. However, with Stub Arrow, pay attention to what you are doing. As for Fiery Angel, it's more or less the same thing. It's also about when to use it.

6. Kayray

Kayray Tenebrarum Musa 62 NA

I don't want something on the class I wouldn't want on other classes. That said the stub arrow thing is silly imo. Apart from that the only thing I'd ask for are Stam buffs on skills like shout counter assassination, blind thrust and dragon bite just the musa gameplay isn't so stale and boring.

7. Kayray

This can be contested, cus the stub arrow thing IS a problem, and it's not just limited to the watching the cooldown carefully. The cooldown resetting also means that you can't use charged stub evasion as you please sometimes, since that makes it so you don't have the option to stub for the entire cooldown again.

8. Aepex

Actually they should remove cc on stub arrow or increase their cd and add FG on blind thrust.

There are so many people who would just sit and spam stub arrow + chase infinitely which makes the fight totally loose and boring.

I mean you can easily read and dodge that cc on stub arrow but still its badly designed.

9. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Sure, great idea, let's kill the only actual kinda-safe engage poke option and move it to an awkward short-range attack that is overloaded with the jump key. I can't wait to trade my most useful kiting ability for a worse version of Dragon Bite. Good thinking, balancer of video games.

Factorial likes this.
  10. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Stub arrow is one of the only reasons musas can catch certain classes. It is also a great tool for distance making.
    Only reason I can catch strikers is because of stub. They are cc machines and if you get close with lack of our SA, musas are just pancakes in close range.

We need it, don't touch it >:I

I do agree fights can be dull if a class can only use few engages, but in some encounters with other classes we just don't have much choice. In most cases they aren't dull luckily. Personally I think only few classes are problematic enough to make bladers force to use only arrows for engages.

11. Kayray

Can we talk about the one true change Musa needs? Reliable I frame. Remove stiff on OSB and give it the i frame into FG that it used to have. Fills 2 needs that Musa currently needs: An I frame, a non SA trading skill that doesn't have a gap on it (Crust).
    Honestly tho, Musa isn't that bad, there are (from my perspective) 3 problems that Musa has, apart from which he's in a fine state:
    1) Reliable I frames (This is applicable to a lotta classes)
    2) Stamina problems (This is the one thing that's actually crippling the combat ability of the class. Too much stam costs on stuff like dbite shout and bt)
    3) FIX MY E BUFF AND ACCURACY NUMBERS

Foggen and onaco like this.
  12. Aepex

Seems like you are the kind of musa that just spam random stub arrow and wait for that lucky cc to get in to kill someone.

thats the worst musa can do in a fight.

Good musas just do side blind thrust with motion cancel with chase and can still win most of the fights even against grab classes.

13. Aepex

Learn to do side/back blind thrust with motion cancel dude.

You dont even need stub arrow much if you are a good musa even against a class with grab.

14. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I know how to side back blind thrust with montion cancel, dude.

And the problem isn't because some classes have a grab. Have you ever fought a good striker? They don't even need a grab to catch you.
    It is enough to be close to them to get kicked. They will keep rotating their SA CCs into infinity, with almost to no gaps in their sa. Those few gaps that they have are catchable with arrows, because even if some of their CC is a gap, it has huge enough range to protect them from up close, unless your class has tradable SA ccs too, which musa has almost to none.....

Grabs are easy to avoid as a musa/mae, but go in any classes SA CC rotation with a completely unprotected attack such as blind thrust and you are powerless.
    So yeah, leave my stub arrow alone.

#14 onaco, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    Foggen likes this.
  15. Aepex

I swear you cant even play like him.

Check how many times he uses stub arrow. He doesnt spam like you do.

Good musa dont even need stub arrow spam

16. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

I said it is needed, not that you should spam it. But you are apperently some sort of a musa demigod since you know how I play without even seeing me play. A good musa goes unprotected into opponent's SA cc and dies with honour. (sarcasm)
    Well I have learned my lesson. Not to take your bait again.

17. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

1. Arguing that "you can't even play like" some specific high level player, therefore your opinion is meaningless, is pretty stupid.
    2. The video you linked is very specifically a Blind Thrust montage, so of course it's highly weighted towards that one engage and less any other.
    3. Even though it is a Blind Thrust video, I believe I counted 6 uses of Stub Arrow, around 4 of which were successful stiffens that he capitalized on.

So, based on the content of this video, if I were to ask this player "is Stub Arrow stiffen an important tool for Musa", my expectation is that his answer would be something along the lines of "of course it is, what kind of moron are you?", which would be valid because that is a stupid question based on a stupid premise.

In conclusion, **** you.

18. Aepex

Nice **** talking

go stick to pve more shitty level 63 skillless musa and go spam more that lucky cc stub arrow and chase

Love how those shitty na kids run their disabled fingers on their keyboard when kids are actually trash

19. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

onaco and Tvvin like this.