1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes make Ninja so faceroll in pve

Discussion in 'Ninja' started by yukishiro1, Sep 14, 2017.

1. yukishiro1

I mean, it's not like PVE was ever hard or anything to begin with in this game. But one of the things I liked about ninja was there was at least a little need to pay some vague attention, unlike many other classes (cough witch/wiz cough).

I feel like the changes were a wasted opportunity, because they don't actually make the class any better, they just lower the skill cap and make it super easy to faceroll. Corrupt sword dance -> seamless restores so much WP and HP now that even facetanking you can't actually lose any hp or WP even if you try.

2. Atron

Atron 61 EU

You had to pay attention in PVE before the change? Are you sure you are playing BDO?

3. Shuriyo

It just decreases the amount of potions needed, doesn't change the "skill cap" in pve lul.

4. Kripion

I feel the same, we who played ninja long enough to learn how to mantain our skills and utilities properly, wont feel this change in pve. In pvp, well the only semi-usefull part is 100hp/animation of semless and heart aiming (with its much too long cd) being easier to use (chain).

And when i think about those changes and what should have been made instead - YES its a wasted oportunity. I would trade all those changes just for 2-3x faster chaos sura animation paired with cd redusction to the level of 6-8sec. Not to mention that casting time of drastic measure and (first of all) its flow is also terrible long.

Once again I hope its not over. However Im afraid that KR will wait next few months because Kr-ninjas have 2nd awakening and they are too scared to overbuff ninja ....

5. LethalAF

It's a welcome change and moves towards making us more viable.

"Hard" grinding is detrimental to PVP progression IMO, which is ultimately my goal above all. I like the changes, and I am very excited for Rabams.

6. Hamsta

potions in pve?

7. LethalAF

Depending where you grind yea for lower levels pots can be needed.

I've been known to jug a WP pot or 2 along the way.

8. Ravare

All it did for me was make it so I didn't have to pay attention to WP so much.

But let's face it any changes to Ninja as far as buffing the class is going to make it an easier class to play. Or at least a less frustrating class to play. With the changes and the buffs will come more Ninja players. But they still have to deal with the PvP aspect and how much our gameplay is not like other faceroll classes.

If someone can PvE as a Ninja easier, fine by me. All that means is, if they are in my group, we clear faster. If they are not in my group........well then we still have to default to "who has the better gear, and who has the most skill".

9. Kelai

The real pve buff ninja needs is a better clear speed which can be archieved in many differend ways. In my opinion it should be at least two of:
    - decreasing ninja step cd down to 3 sec or at least adding sth like wizards teleport ultimate to it (i personaly prefer 1rst option)
    - rising all awk skills dmg slightly and first of all speed up the casting time of chaos sura, drastic measure and march explosion (if we cant have good aoe skills we need current one to make more dmg in certain period of time)
    - rising the possible targets numbers of all aoe skills of ninja (within skill area) and allowing our charakter to agro more mobs.

Atron likes this.
  10. DecisiveFate

What i think i weird, is our unawakening skills (Shackles/beheading/moonlight) barely do any dmg, and they are most of our AOE - if they buffed the damage on those skills im 100% sure grinding would be ALOT easier, and even maybe make them useful in PvP (beheading is nice but stun chance is minimal)

11. Kilreve

Only thing I've really noticed is that I can grind without having to actively manage my WP bar now for the most part. I wouldn't consider that being something that affects how difficult a class is. It's just more convenient than anything.

12. SexGawdTy

Beheading does good damage :T

13. DecisiveFate

its 'aight', it barely scrapes by as a damaging skill, and more as a filler with its 20 sec cooldown, and only oneshots the low mobs at susans (190ap 50acc lv 59)