1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changes to the Conditions for Using Weapon Exchange Coupons

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Servantes, Sep 4, 2020.

1. CM Servantes

Community Manager

Greetings Adventurers,

There will be changes to the conditions for using the three types of Weapon Exchange Coupons. The changes will be effective after the upcoming maintenance on September 9, 2020.

Please read on for more details.

■ Changes to the conditions for using the Weapon Exchange Coupons

upload_2020-9-4_11-27-35.png
    • Three types of Weapon Exchange Coupons: Main Weapon Exchange Coupon, Sub-Weapon Exchange Coupon, Awakening Weapon Exchange Coupon.
      • Please note Weapon Exchange Coupons have been discontinued from Pearl Shop (F3) and can only be obtained through events and promotional means.
    • After the upcoming maintenance on September 9, the item descriptions about the conditions will be removed.
    • After this change is effective, Hashashin characters will be able to use the three Weapon Exchange Coupons right away, and characters newly released in the future will also be able to use the coupons immediately upon release.
      • This change will work retroactively so any existing coupons will be usable with new classes as well.
    We hope to continue to bring more informative and exciting news.

Thank you.

BDO Team

Gavad, Feyrill, auzzell3 and 3 others like this.
  2. Ned Sheynji

Ned Sheynji Sheynji 63 EU

Yes! Perfect. Get rid of all those weird limitations that dont make any sense anyway. Nobody wants them.

Removal of nadar band CD when?

Arkadia, 0rbiit, Ohfor and 5 others like this.
  3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 64 EU

u shouldnt have allowed people to buy multiples before u discontinued sales then.

coz now we have form rerollers with stacks of coupons they will be able to use on each new op class.

u shouldnt remove limit from the old cash shop ones. remove limit from ingame obtained ones only.

how is noone thinking about these things?

please, write an urgent memo to your korean overlords to code this properly and remove limit ONLY from the coupons obtained from seasonal passes.

#3 WhySoSeeryus, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  4. Nabuch

Are you seriously so afraid of them being able to use preawakening kit only for 2-4 weeks instead of waiting and using that gear at full power from the get-go? Can you give me one argument why this limit even existed? You seem to think it's genius to lock people out of the new class for a month. The only reason this limit was introduced was to force people to enhance new weapons and thus buy Artisans. You have any other genius idea why artificially holding players back is so good that old coupons should be still locked? xD

If someone spent several hundreds of dollars just in case FOTM classes came out, what do you care? You scared? You are a Succ Wizard playing T2s in a mediocre ego-stroke guild that can't do **** to smallscale top dogs. You really have nothing to fear from new classes, especially if people will take a while to learn how to play them.

I'm fairly sure everyone "thought" of that, but dismissed this notion as pointless and idiotic. If you want the constraints to stay, justify these constraints. "FOTM rerollers will have reroll 4 weeks faster" is not a very good argument. By the time they learn the class enough to play at the top level they will already be able to use the coupons. This change is QoL at best. Why would they grind Pollys with TRI Oasis for a month when they have full PEN C9-17/C15 offhand waiting?

Deyric and auzzell3 like this.
  5. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I can give you one reason. FOTM players suck and most people don't like them :D

6. WhySoSeeryus

can u tell me more about me? :)

im really interested in hearing about me being succ wizard.

Eri 4, Sholeh and MoonDance17 like this.
  7. Nabuch

"I don't like them" is hardly an argument. And if they suck, you shouldn't be impacted by their decision to switch classes.

Also, Hashashin is pretty average outside 1v1, so it can't even be FOTM.

auzzell3, Sholeh and FairlyEnjoyable like this.
  8. Nabuch

If you play NWs and RBFs as Awakening Wizard that only means you shouldn't talk about PvP. Considering how many times I kill you every week it's actually scary how I've never even noticed you don't play Succ. Git gud.

9. WhySoSeeryus

so, can you tell us more about how coupons should be more readily available for fotm rerolls or are u done stroking your own ego? :)

also, thank you for the heads up that awa wiz needs buffs to pvp properly.

#9 WhySoSeeryus, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
  10. FairlyEnjoyable

FairlyEnjoyable Lahn 62 NA

I don't see an issue with this. If the players who bought coupons prior to this want to waste them on each new class then so be it. :| If they truly enjoy the class then they shouldn't have to be time-gated over it.

Kasraken likes this.
  11. Naho

Won't matter much, succ wiz isn't new, you can just reroll to it right away. Have a nice day ~

12. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

wasn't really meant to be an argument to be fair xD

13. onaco

onaco Musa 62 EU

Hello. I never bought these coupons, but I would like to have them ''just to have them'' as some last resort that could maybe happen in 5 years or something. So I'd like to ask is there a time limit on them? Do they expire after some time, or can they be stored in my bank forever?

14. Arch2k

Arch2k Devil_Monkeys Lahn 63 NA

From what I h
    From what I heard they dint expire which is nice

Eri 4 and onaco like this.
  15. Lemon Crush

Lemon Crush CreamLemon Witch 62 NA

You are seriously over estimating the amount of people that bought hundreds of dollars worth of these. Sorry but you are. I know maybe a few people that bought like 3 or 4 sets and they already used 2.

This idea of FOTM rerollers .... honestly WHO TF Cares. Let people do what they want.

16. WhySoSeeryus

as if its a problem to remove the limit on only new coupons.

17. Spartakatz

who would even care if the classes were more balanced? that's the main issue.

18. DrakeBlonde

Thank you so much for this, I like playing on season but I cant see myself staying there for a month or more, cant wait to slap my real gear when Hashashin awakening is out :D

19. Kriptoker

Hello @CM Servantes

Are we able to use the weapon exchange coupon on the Kutum we got from Summer Season (obtained from using the boss exchange coupon on a PEN Tuvala Off hand)?

20. Samasxd

Hi, I tried to use my weapon exchange coupons on tuvala gear because I deleted my seasonal character cause didnt like the class. Created a new class and was not able to exchange my pen tuvala gear to other class, so either I would be stuck with the class i didnt like for the rest of the season or forced to grind back up to pen again. For such a rare item as these coupons this small limitation seems really unnecessary.