1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response changing my e-mail

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Killzoneee, May 8, 2018.

1. Killzoneee

Hello guys,

So as the topic says, I am talking about changing an original e-mail with to another e-mail. This process should be done with game support through sending a ticket and i will quote what they are saying in their website;
    "
    When contacting customer support please ensure the following:

• You must contact us from the new email address you created.
    • State the email address your account is currently associated with.
    • A photo of your photo ID card, taken in front of today's physical newspaper clearly showing the date, or over your screen showing your open ticket needs to be added as an attachment to the ticket. Please understand we will have to delete the tickets with the incorrectly added pictures, which may slow down the process for you.
    • No information can be obstructed in any way. "

OK we all got it that it is a security issue for game to ask about some detail or information form the owner and it very good way of security. BUT asking for ID or any other government Card for a game is way too much. It is dangerous from my side to share all those information, even with banking issue like "PayPal" never asked about this kind of verification. Why we need this kind of security? They can use a mobile verification or email verification. There are alot of friendly way most game are using. I am not feeling SAFE sharing my ID with any body else than my government. It should not be done within game industry..

SO am asking polity, is there any other way rather than showing of some physical ID for game?
    I Tagged some of GM, please help me in this issue and share some knowledge with us.

2. Megta

Megta Archer EU

No. They need the Informations to verify, you are the original owner of the account. Which means you are the one who created the account and bought the gamepass.

3. Killzoneee

That information is not related to my ID, Is that what you mean by information?

4. Megta

Megta Archer EU

If you created the account and bought the game, they have your real name and your birthdate.
    If the data on your ID match the information they have, the email will be changed. If not ...

5. Killzoneee

You guys are so friendly with it, It just not allow to share ID card with anybody for misusing. You either armature or careless in your life. These information is much valuable and I personally can't trust any game using my ID as a proof of my account.
    They violate my privacy

So is there any other way to change my email without knowing my real information?

6. Megta

Megta Archer EU

No!

7. Killzoneee

Am not waiting answer from you, that should be come from and admin or game master. We are here to play a game not apply for job.

8. GM Kaioken

Game Master

Hi there.

We cannot change your email without verifying ownership of your account.

If you'd like to avail of an email change, please provide us with your ID via the ticket service.

9. Killzoneee

So you guys verifying that i am the same guy who brought the game? I did not remember sharing my ID card when i brought the game. If it was by VISA. So what about gifted game through steam? or free Giveaway?
    how you guys will know that am the real person if my game was gifted to me?

10. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

U still have to make an Account the Gift has nothing to do with ur Personal Data when u got an Account from someone else thats forbidden *Account sharing*

11. GM Salome

Game Master

Ohai! ^^

First of all, I've gone ahead and moved this thread to community support, as technical section is not really the correct place for this.

But to address your concerns, in all European Union countries (such as The Netherlands where Kakao Games Europe is located) personal data should be processed for a legitimate purpose and kept for a duration which does not exceed the duration required for fulfilling that purpose.

Email changes are a very sensitive operation, which can be exploited to resell user accounts, sometimes without the user's consent. Preventing the compromisation and/or reselling of users' accounts are the legitimate purposes justifying our request for your ID card and billing information.

In order to prevent any dispute on account's ownership we store the personal information you provided for only a short duration until the process is completed, before deleting the copy of the ID as well as any other personal information mentioned in your ticket. This way, no one will have access to the ID after the email change is completed, and we also advise you to delete your outgoing mails from your own mail inbox that included the picture.

If you still wish to have the email changed on your account, please send us a ticket and attach the requested information. Otherwise, I'm afraid we will not be able to complete your request.

12. Killzoneee

I am telling you that it is gifted account, Through Steam there are a system were u gift someone a game. This game purchased by that person. So tell me how i can verify that ?
    When i create new account i did not use any personal information in that my account ( not real name or address). Then how to verify that?

13. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Then ur Account has no value when u are not able to Show them that is ur Account they can do nothing. Btw when u use a steam Account then its bound to ur Account. When u use the Account from the Website the game is bound to the email.

14. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

Ahh forgot to mention its offtopic but i wanna say it. The Internet has already ur privacy the coolest part is google stalkes u when u talk about very often then Google gives u funny presents :D

15. Killzoneee

I am telling you either my steam or black desert i use a real information. Why they bother to use my ID for verifying it then?

16. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

They already told u why. And when they cant compare ur idendity with ur account u are lost :)

17. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

And when u say u dont use ur real idendity on ur account its makes u suspicious is it even ur account? :D or did u buy it on ebay?

18. Killzoneee

Hey Foxen are u dump? here is a link of all the information i did for creating an account
    [​IMG]

So they only need my email and my birthday. If it was a real information anyway.
    Why i should give him a valid ID? i will block all details and keep the birthday,well here i have no problem.

Is that true admin?

19. RadiantStorm

RadiantStorm Ysvaroux Ranger 62 EU

Look, there are two ways this can go down.

1.) You simply give them the information they - NEED - to change your email

or

2.) You won't be able to get your email changed, because you're making such a huge deal out of showing your ID.

They already know your Birthdate, Name, Address etc if you purchased the game, be it through PayPal, Visa, etc.

This is a way of making sure, that WE can trust them, with our information and how they handle them. If everybody could simply change my email with only my name and birthdate, I would be screwed. Do you know how many people can provide that simple info?

And now tell me, how many people can provide my own ID in a picture including the support ticket? No one.

Just do it - or stop complaining and deal with it.

Foxens likes this.
  20. Foxens

Foxens ID0 Ninja 61 EU

U are really shortminded when u wanna buy something with that account u have to give them Information check urself ;) thats a way to controll ur idendity. But hey im "dump"