1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing PA and Reworking Resurrection

Discussion in 'Witch/Wizard' started by WinterRED, Sep 2, 2019.

1. WinterRED

How would people feel about changing PA to be a longer lasting buff that gives greatly reduced benefits? Something like:

15% incoming damage reduction for 20 people 30s duration, CD 60 seconds.

Would this be too much or would people like this to reduce the potential of getting "one-shot" but at the same time not have to deal with PA-type "invulnerability".

Also, in conjunction with the PA change, I would suggest making the resurrection skill an AoE skill with a SA cast time that works in nodewars.

I know it makes witches/wizards very important in NW/Siege, but realistically they already are with the current state of PA. It would shift the power from spike PA-rotated engages to just making sure the buff is being properly managed and up at all times. Maybe make the AoE of the Res skill fairly small so it's more like a buddy res unless there's a lot of people dead in the same spot. And maybe make it so Manashield also doesn't stack with the 15% incoming damage reduction buff so that a mage can rotate the two but not have them stacked up.

I could also see some PvE benefits to this too, as both PA and Res are both mostly useless right now for PvE. Imagine doing Ash forest with a mage in the group to reduce the incoming damage from mobs.

Would love to hear people's thoughts on this (constructive please).

Kalik likes this.
  2. Mattys

People have been wanting this for years already... and nothing happened. There's many similar topics like this that people wants to change the current state of PA to something else, or something better, because the "invulnerability" meta is kinda braindead.

3. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

PA can be removed for all I care, just give us DECENT survival kit replacements. Making it additional mana shield that doesnt stack with original spell would suck for us as caster of the spell and wouldnt be enough to keep us alive due to our kit design. best solution would maybe be adding more teleport charges and maybe allowing them to also anicancel some awaken spells.

Res during nws/siege would be too valuable in current rules, especially aoe one. Id redesign skill completely and maybe make it a Contingency spell/buff that automatically triggers some state like V ghost form or some sort of Stone skin spell (that would make you rooted and invulnerable for few secs, but you wouldnt be able to cast anything either) when target or caster reaches 10-20% hp.

VardaSkaya likes this.
  4. Mattys

5 second invulnerability a.k.a zhonya's hourglass!