1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Char bound V Family bound

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by PoL, Jan 20, 2020.

1. PoL

PoL Wizard

I am so sure this has been suggested before, but I want to keep it in the minds eye of those that take notice via this section of the forums.

Can we have all pearl costumes family bound rather than character bound; even entertain the option of a €10 coupon that allows switching.

Reason this is wanted (and for me, needed) is the alts that are coming in I want to do more than just grind with them - I want to have 1 that has primary skill of sailing and bartering, and the secondary of cooking - and when I want to cook I want to wear the pearl outfit to help speed up the process. I don't see the value in buying one pearl costume per alt (not a whale).

What other instances work for you? Do you think this is a good suggestion?

2. Lord_Xenon

Wasn't there already a discussion about char vs. family bound regarding costumes?
    For cooking costume it don't make sense to be not charbound. You only want 1. Everything below the price of the costume itself is just a cheapskate try.
    For costumes as deco, you simply want one per char(some are even fashion artist and wear all they like). Making them family bound would be useless with class restriction.

3. PoL

PoL Wizard

Sorry? you said " For cooking costume it don't make sense to be not charbound. You only want 1" which is absolutely correct but I'm wanting it to be worn by the entire family as I want to change which alt or alts that I might want to do cooking. I have the capability to change the skills XP from 1 char to another - I want to have the capability to have the costume follow the skills XP.
    Please note that this is only applied to functional costumes.

4. Lord_Xenon

When you want to meme cooking you can pay for extra costumes. Nothing lost with that. There is no need to use such costumes on more than 1 char.

5. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Sure, as long as it doesn't apply to functional costumes and they stay class-bound, I suspect PA wouldn't mind. They would rather you bought a new ghillie every time you rerolled or bought a new cooking costume every time you rerolled to a different char for cooking. That's how the money would flow anyway.

6. PoL

PoL Wizard

I see where the disconnect here is... I have more than one char I play and sometimes I want another char to EXCEL in a particular skill level (which requires multiple costume options). I then flip all my lifeskill XP to that char.

You possibly don't see this as you either don't have more than 1 playable char or you dislike change.

The game changes. As PA shapes the game and we reshape the way we want to play around that, the options become more diverse. This is the way I wish to use my chars and the way I want to play. Will PA change this action? We will see.

7. Lord_Xenon

It simply don't make sense from a gameplay point. When you flip Xp from one char to another, then it's just lost Xp nothing else. No need to make costume family based just because of such a useless reason.

8. PoL

PoL Wizard

OK - just to finish this exchange off, let's give you a scenario that might apply to you.

A class comes out that you like more than your current single char you have been playing for the past 2 yrs. You decide to grind it up and part of the requirement would be around Magoria /Ross seas and you are then presented with the fact that you have to YET AGAIN, purchase a shark costume for the new char. Why?
    Because that costume is also char bound...

Now - let's talk about "useless" reasons.

9. Lord_Xenon

There is no content requiring shark so it's just a money sink.

When you need to resort to artificial created reasons it show you have no gameplay reason for it.

10. PoL

PoL Wizard

So now you shoot your argument in the foot...

I am not talking about required items (equivalent of a need), I am talking about a want and the requirement to purchase a costume per char if one of the desires of playing the game is to be the best in that category - which is only achieved by buying pearl items.

Strangely, to complete Sycraia content it is almost a requirement to get a shark costume as other non-pearl items leave it inaccessible.

11. Lord_Xenon

You simply don't have an argument so nothing can be argued. You can want everything, but then pay for it. You are just a cheapskate at this point.

Sycraia can be reached easily. So don't spread misinformation.