1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Character freezes in mid air moving shortly after afk fishing for a day

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by esmm40, Aug 10, 2018.

1. MeatSaw

Having same issue.

After auto fishing for 30 mins to an hr my character stops fishing, I then attempt to re-cast my pole, the game doesn't detect my pole casting into water. Then I attempt to move, character runs in place for a few seconds and then freezes in place, the game is still running, in game chat is still live, players are still moving around freely. I can hit escape once and it resets my character but seconds after using escape feature my character runs in place and freezes again and im unable to use escape feature again, switching servers helps solve this issue but if I attempt to auto fish again the cycle starts over.

I have cleared my cache folder both going into bdo document folder and doing it in game through settings menu, repairing the game through bdo launcher, using CCleaner to clean up my computer, and completely deleting the cache folder in bdo folder.

2. shyguycase

I have the same problem as indicated. This only started happening recently. I sent in my own ticket and it was dismissed as a network issue. Strange how I made it to Master 18 fishing before it started happening........

3. Direal

@GM Dew

Would be nice to get an update.

4. BootyEater6969

I don't know if this'll help anyone, but it seems that I haven't disconnected while fishing when I moved to Calpheon. I've been afk here for a couple hours and for the first time in a while one of my rods managed to hit 0 durability.

5. BDOAltoholic

Any update on this issue? It started happening to me about a week and a half ago & now seems to happen every time I go AFK fishing. It's very frustrating.

6. Stabby

Ya this got much worse since patch. Can't even fish now. Before it was related to motion, now it's not. It happens even if standing still.

7. Bwen

This is still happening to me during AFK fishing in heidal (ive seen it happen just running through heidal during no afk activity). Has been happening for past 2 weeks roughly. I have to log to char select then log back in as I become unable to even move and just run in place

8. Vanadiel

Happened to me again yesterday in Heidel. I shut my computer down and went to bed,
    Not staying AFK online anymore, there's no point.

Nattia likes this.
  9. Mistermoff

I’ve been having this issue too since the last patch on 2 computers.

First pc
    Intel 6700k
    Gtx 1080
    M.2 ssd has bdo installed on it
    Windows 10 64
    Wired connection on bt infinity

Second pc
    Intel 4790k
    Titan x
    Samsung ssd has bdo installed
    Windows 8 64
    Connected via WiFi

Router is an Asus dsl87u
    I have other routers that I’ve tried to see if there’s a difference
    Netgear nighthawk x4s with a vigor 130 modem
    Asus rt68u

I’ve reinstalled bdo on both computers onto different hard drives.
    I’ve verified the game files multiple times.
    The only software running in the background is msi afterburner and discord.

10. Kelet

This has nothing to do with fishing. I've been farming for beerfest. I idle in Heidel near the church with the game minimized to tray. When I maximize the game and try to move to check my gardens BAM frozen. Escape almost never works, it just puts me on the street, and freezes. I've frozen while mounted as well, and by manual movement and autopathing. A character swap or return to character select is the only way to fix it. Of course, this puts me on a 10 minute lockout for trading.

11. renDegade

xDDDD still nothing 10/10 :D

#271 renDegade, Oct 6, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
  12. Alagare

Why are they not fixing this bug ??? You still get frezze in Heidel !!!!

13. Narberal

Temporarily moved my activities over to Velia and haven't been interrupted for a week straight. Kinda of a shame the amount of bugs that get served to our version of the game.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  14. Mistermoff

Thought I’d update what’s happening at my end.
    It does indeed look like it’s just heidel that’s bugged for me. Velia hasn’t bugged out for me since I moved there a few days ago.

15. DiBBz

DiBBz DiBBz Striker 59 EU

Update from me. i tried numerous spots wasting weeks worth of time just finding a spot. ive not settled in keplan after it deciding "you know what you can fish here"

so keplan is thus working for me. however character freezing after coming back from afk session is still a issue. not exactly in keplan but especially in heidel.

16. Piros

Piros Piros Wizard 62

Having the same problem here... For me it just stops fishing, and when I change to the main weapon for walking, it just freezes... It happens again and again if you want to fish AFK.
    All my colleagues in my guild have experienced the same problem.

17. Starseeker

Starseeker Mystic 58 NA

Have had a few more instances of this bug in Hiedel around the marketplace. However, the two weirdest instances of it were outside hiedel (the road that goes from the guard camp to the abandoned stable) I generally run my wagon on that road. Saturday and Sunday morning I come back from afk wagoning overnight, and my wagon is frozen (the weels aren't moving and I can't move the wagon it looks exactly like my character does when it's frozen) but the horses are still running in place. I'm not hung up on anything since I am in the middle of the road). So I hit R to dismount to see if that works, and instead of dismounting, the whole wagon jolts forward and starts rolling again as if nothing strange was going on. I had to hit R again to dismount

18. Yennifer

I have the same bugs ..fishing at heidel not working.
    Plus i have found that training not working too,after a while the horse just freeze...
    Today i found and something else weird..i went to jail with 300k karma and some ppl from my guild report the same..how is it possibly to go to jail with positive karma?
    Last one workers..i was afk and my workers stop theirs jobs..when the time was at 0 second they dont start again and you need to restart to be able to feed or the workers to work again!!

19. Alzucard

Bug is not related to fishing. I didnt fish for days and im getting that bug.

20. Alzucard

whenn u kill someo0ne in desert u get marked. When u get killed during marked time u go to jail.