1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Character Slider Input

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kaguya_Zero, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Kaguya_Zero

Through my time of playing BDO and changing my character throughout my gameplay, I've come to notice certain parts of the body I can't change. The most obvious one is the character's head, but another is the wrists. If you have smaller arms it isn't an issue, but if you wish to have larger arms, it can be a bit eye catching. Another is how every class has their own set min/max slider caps. Granted I understand that it's for a more diverse sense of just how big or small a class can be, for it to be more unique. However, granting more size freedom with sliders would be appealing. Take that how you will. On a personal note, I like making a more 'voluptuous' female character, and I play Mystic. But when I look at a class like Ranger, Sorceress, Dark Knight, or Valkyrie, it's a little saddening that it isn't an option to change my sliders to be as big. An extra increase in sliders for classes would certainly be nice.

What say the community as well? Has this topic been brought up before?

Darko26p, Yusawa, Dalenos and 4 others like this.
  2. ODB3698

Oh, it has been brought up many times. Sadly this is an intentional decision by PA. These slider restrictions literally did not exist, to the current degree, until they announced mystic. A vocal portion of the player base was overly enthusiastic about making a "thicc" mystic and PA responded by enforcing a cultural aesthetic on new class character creation going forward. There is also, of course, always the player contingent who vehemently objects to prevent other players from creating any characters that do not adhere to their non voluptuous aesthetic as well.

Factorial likes this.
  3. Kaguya_Zero

If they were going to enforce anything, it should've been from the start, or not at all. Couldn't care less about the player base saying it shouldn't be done. I believe someone should have the allowance to have that option on a character they enjoy playing. The least an MMO company can grant is that much freedom. :/

Factorial and ODB3698 like this.
  4. ghoulz666

Nasty vile skinny Asian classes.

5. Kaguya_Zero

I just wanna be big gorl. :c

6. n8uregirl

I wish there was a slider for eyeballs! They don't have to offer me a crazy range of sizes or anything, but just a little bigger to avoid looking bloodshot when I try to fix the tiny little gopher eyes on some of these default faces.

7. Kaguya_Zero

As in, the glossiness of the eyeballs? :o
    If so I can agree with what you mean. Some glossier eyes while also being more pearly white would certainly be nice. Slider flexibility is one of the things I always loved about this game, and I say the more the merrier in what can be changed!

8. ghoulz666

That's another thing that annoys me. You can make the Maehwa's ears long, really long. Why is she the special case? You can't even do that with the ranger or DK.

Factorial likes this.
  9. Factorial

Maybe because it's the same reason why moonlight dash won't flow from 100% raged petal blossom.

10. n8uregirl

I mean actual eyeball size, not trying to go like full on anime big or anything, but some of eyes on the character models are really sort of tiny. After using the sliders to attain the larger actual eye openings to the scale I'm looking for trying to balance the rest of the face, the inside and outside corners appear red/bloodshot like my avatar aint never slept before. And its like "gd it I was trying to make her look more awake...":(

11. Kaguya_Zero

Everyone deserves the allowance of elf ears!

12. RainnellLynnMitarius

While I do understand why someone would find themselves bothered that certain classes that cannot be "changed" beyond limits? I still do appreciate that they did set those limits. Not because "Don't make big girls ewwww" But let's be real here? There is a fine line between "Big Gorls" And someone that is aesthetically just "WTF am I looking at?!"

You can like big, smol, cute, thick, strong! Or whatever fits you. Every single class gives enough space for thickness and accurate beautiful proportionate ladies. "Which proportions are directed by the head size in this case"

Obviously this is MY opinion, but it isn't rare for even my Mystic to be called "thicc" and I do feel that they is MORE about making a character than just "slide all the slider to the right"

There is multiple Thickness, and we are all entitled to what we perceive as "thick" -- PA did what they felt was easier and to keep every class "unique" In some ways. Because ppl can't be helped to just max out or put everything small.

As an example, this is my Mystic and people call her thick all the time, and none of the sliders are maxed out.
    [​IMG]

13. ODB3698

2020-03-19_15638487.JPG 2020-03-19_15264565.JPG

This is guardian (newer class) versus valkyrie (older class). That's what I was referring to as locking sliders in character creation. Not like I didn't attempt to reproduce my valkyrie's bounty :p

#13 ODB3698, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  14. RainnellLynnMitarius

there is a difference between "Thick" with Fat ---and "Thick" with muscles. Guardian have an "Athletic" Body. Which fits bodybuilders standards. It makes it look more faithful to a class that was created toward being "A muscle strong woman" And not just "A thick momma"

Muscles Vs Fat? difference. While I understand why someone would want to go the "Thick fat" route? I think that respecting the character's basic form and inspiration is best when it comes to "Unique" and Variation of body types.

Guardian is perfect the way she is :3 BUT that is my personal opinion and people are able to think differently of course!

15. Dalenos

It's funny how a company can suck so hard at making character sliders. Yet modders for Skyrim and Fallout 4 make bodysliders seem like an art form.

This and example of this Skyrim with bodyslider mods. Fallout 4 bodyslider mods are even better I wish I had a picture to illustrate but I don't. I could find some but way, not nsfw. So characters sliders in BDO are a novice at best compared to this.

#15 Dalenos, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2020
    ODB3698 likes this.
  16. Kaguya_Zero

I get what you mean. I just enjoy aesthetic freedom, and being able to create what I want. I've seen people make goofy characters, and I think that's fine. The majority amount of people will just make a character they like, or a character defined by their tastes in the physical body. I just wish that I could play with the body slider capacity of a Sorceress while being able to play the class Mystic. If anything, they could potentially set the max sliders higher. It just view it as a shame that a desire for certain body sizes is locked behind classes, whether we want to play that class or not. Also, your character looks nice! When I 'judge' a character, I do so based on their body's appearance, and then the design of their face. My hat's off to you! :)

#16 Kaguya_Zero, Mar 20, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    ODB3698 likes this.
  17. Kaguya_Zero

Blessed be this meal, our Lord has given us.

Dalenos and ODB3698 like this.
  18. Dalenos

Really Kakao you delete my image it wasn't like she naked or anything. Are you just jelly that modders got better skills than PA. She was wearing a swimsuit a micro swimsuit but none the less she wasn't completely naked. Either way, we more thiccness in BDO is needed. I am hoping PA won't make the same mistake with crimson desert >.>

#18 Dalenos, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    ODB3698 likes this.
  19. RainnellLynnMitarius

Just go back modding/Lewding Skyrim bud...shoo

20. Dalenos

:o:o:o

Wow Did you tell on me that's not nice you know

:(:(:(

Here I am just trying to make the game better by suggesting something that's really needed. You are the lewd one having your character walk in see-through armor. At least the image I post it she was wearing a micro bikini that wasn't see-through >.>

ODB3698 likes this.