1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Chatbox UI settings

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Pirsig, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Pirsig

So I screwed my UI somehow and had to load a saved Preset. The only Preset that looked remotely like anything I've been playing for the last 2 years only had 1 chat tab. So I spent a while setting up my 5 tabs and filtering the spam out of each, ccording to the function I set em up for but ran into a functional problem afterward:
    The Chatbox element no longer darkens/becomes less transparent on mouseover, I have to mouseover a player name in that chat bot to get the tabs to appear, and the mouse scroll wheel no longer scrolls the active tab. It's probably somewhere right in front of me that I'm missing, but where do I find the settings to retore scrolling and darkening of active chat tab?

2. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The chat window no longer scrolling is just another intermittent bug this game has along with the buff widget turning off and the chat window also reverting to character name when you like it to show family name.

3. Andaro

Ambassador

After checking out my own chat box, I can confirm that the chat-scroll by mousewheel does work normally, as does the transparency options. You might do good to completely clear all of BDO's cache files (which will clear all BDO settings and preferences), and then go through the motions of setting them back up.

Once you have done so, use the Settings Archive feature to upload your settings to your account data repository, and then if you have any issues in the future you can simply hit the download button and everything will be restored as you left it.

Best luck and hope it gets sorted for you o/

4. GM Ammy

Game Master

Hey there @Pirsig

I can see that @Andaro has given you some helpful tips about fixing this. If these have not worked, then please feel free to send us a ticket by clicking here.