1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cheaters reporting function added to KR

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by GreyRebel, Jul 28, 2019.

1. GreyRebel

GreyRebel DarkKnight 62 EU

good news !

"
    [Update] Wednesday, July 24 Update guide

• Illegal programs and macro user reporting function has been added.
    * How to use
    - Mini map left icon

[​IMG]

- Easy shortcut setting (Alt + mouse left click)

- Command / Report

- Command / report

* Report is possible up to 3 times a day, and the number is reset every day at 00:00.

* Those who have already reported can be reported as duplicates.

* At the time of filing, up to 10 adventurers who are closest to you based on the advisor who received the report will be marked as 'character name (occupation)'.

[​IMG]

* If you are using Kunoichi and Ninja characters, you will not be exposed as a person to report. If you are wearing camouflage clothing, you will be marked as "Camouflage adventurer (occupation)". (However, if you use the flares to reveal the character's name, the target person will be displayed correctly)

* If you do not have a person to report, you can cancel your report and change your location and report it again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG] We are deeply concerned about the recent illegal programs. I have been preparing patches for several updates, but I have not been able to look into the most fundamental and important parts of the process a little deeper.
    I especially apologize for the inconvenience and concern for the adventurers with these issues as I thought it important to create a clean game environment since the public service. Starting today with the addition of illegal programs and macro user reporting and security program additions, we will continue to patch to show our commitment to eradicating illegal programs and creating a clean game environment.

In addition, we are rethinking the fundamentals of all the content that Black Desert offers. I think from the beginning whether the content of the content is weak or whether the factors that most of the adventurers feel inconvenienced in the temptation of the use of macros, I will worry.

• ● The black desert security program has changed.
    • ● Improved the ability to prevent tampered clients from connecting.
    • ● The default settings of anti-aliasing items in game settings have been changed as follows.
    - ON / OFF -> Not used / Apply button
    "

warriors, KrimsonSky, Tvvin and 2 others like this.
  2. Arch enemy

nice but just question is 3 time by characters or by account?

3. GreyRebel

im 99% sure its 3 times per account

Arch enemy likes this.
  4. ghoulz666

I'm sure it won't be abused.

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  5. Arch enemy

Ok and another question: do they plan something if some peoples abuse the reporting function?(which means making false reports.)

6. BDOMONSTER

Useless to be honest, lineage 2 had a cheater/bot reporting function built into the game client, reported the same obvious bot trains for months on end with no action, highly doubt it will be any different here. Just be happy its a closed economy or this game would be truly infested with bots, sadly its a losing war the users wont allow root kits to be installed which is the only real detection method dev's can use and every other technique is manual and labor intensive has a chance for error and the dumb community loses their mind every time someone gets banned because "false bans" you know. So we are left with endless cheaters ruining every game.

7. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

This is great news, bbbbuttt didn't people claim there was no cheating in Korea because they had to use id to play the game?

GreyRebel and Factorial like this.
  8. nolasigns

Waze in bdo now.

9. TwilightAngel

Just wanting to say that NcSoft aka NcWest did not really do much of anything..... Can not compare one company to another when it comes to reporting tools

NcWest really did not care to much once changed over from NcAustin

10. GreyRebel

im think the reports wont get any 1 banned , it will just alert the support team to check that suspicious player .

11. Auxey

Finally a placebo for people to stop spamming the forums with report threads

12. 2Cents

You are so right, it's just that "dumb community" as you say being upset about falsely banning players. That is the real problem naturally.

13. Blitzball

Better than nothing.

14. Fojiro

i see it coming getting reported by griefers for killing them :D