1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Christmas Where Are You!

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by ~JhaelannaBanana~, Dec 17, 2019.

1. ~JhaelannaBanana~

BDO God's and GMs! Where is Christmas? One of my favorite parts of spending Christmas with BDO is the decorations! When I saw the patch notes for Grandpa Crons arrival, I was really excited because I really enjoyed that event last year. But, I was also excited for all the Christmas decorations to show up all over Heidel. I logged in today to find no shinnies! Where are the shinnies?? Did the Grinch steal Christmas?

In any case, I love you all and happy holidays anyway <3

Avantala and GnatGoSplat like this.
  2. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

They will activate it on the 26th because they could give two ffks about what we like.

MADE likes this.
  3. ClearArrow

ClearArrow Ranger 63

Pretty sure last yeah's decorations started the very end of december and lasted something stupid nearly all the way up to valentines day

4. Roechacca

Starts the 18th I think.

~JhaelannaBanana~ likes this.
  5. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

lol really? God damn, that's some other level of no fks given.

6. ~JhaelannaBanana~

I thought they were up way earlier than that last year

Here's hoping! Maybe they are planning to put them up to go along with those pearl item quests

7. Jayle

Yes! I wonder where it is? The music is here but no decs or snow flurries! Shame, it always looks so good.

8. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

I
    I am happy they are not here and have turned off the games music because I hate Christmas music. The game will just lag and have bigger fps drops with all the decorations as well as the snow so it is no loss for me.

VasilisD likes this.
  9. Dryed

Dryed Warrior 63 NA

In BDO unlike most people, don't celebrate Christmas with pre-mature Christmas decorations. Its like you don't celebrate your birthday 2 weeks before it actually happens do you?

10. Jayle

Bah humbug? ;)

Sandpit_ likes this.
  11. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

No just my perspective. It would not bother me if the decorations were here just as it does not bother me that they are not. The music however is a different scenario as I really do hate Christmas carols, lucky for me I can toggle them off and do believe they should be in game for a short time. I love christmas for the extra family time it brings but please no carols.

12. Jayle

That's a fair opinion.:)

Phoenixxx75 likes this.
  13. ~JhaelannaBanana~

Yeah but last year the decorations were up like 2 weeks before Christmas lol
    Y'all tell me how Black Desert Mobile has the Christmas decor up but not BDO I am confusion! PA explain!

14. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

Exactly, they don't care so much that it's raining freebies. Real cash freebies I might add.

15. ~JhaelannaBanana~

The pearl item freebies are much appreciated <3

WinterMilla likes this.
  16. GnatGoSplat

GnatGoSplat DarkKnight 62 NA

That's not what I remember. I feel like they started the patch a week before Christmas and ended the 26th GMT time which was something like Christmas Day 6PM central time.

I would prefer the Christmas stuff to start day after Thanksgiving and end at New Year's which is customary in NA.

17. DafuqYouLookinAt

I cannot remember when exactly Christmas decorations got pushed out last year, I think it was later in the month but not exactly at the end. There's a few other MMO's I play on the side and they've already got their decorations up already ;-; wish we did too...
    Many people setup their decorations up early on to enjoy them through to Christmas - New Years.
    Another thing too, I hope the snow lasts longer this year and doesn't immediately go away after Christmas.

I think it's an exception to decorate early as long as it doesn't interfere with other holidays that just started or just ended. I swear I was hearing Christmas teaser songs on the radio around the end of November...yikes LOL

18. WinterMilla

Normally I would bash what you said but.... you have a point. They are giving out good items for the event which is hmmm. I mean this would be a good start, but would have still preferred a loyaltie shop revamp.

Still sucks no snow, then again the first day of winter is the 21 which is tomorrow.

19. Alterist

Senior Volunteer Moderator

Korea will be replacing their Mileage (Loyalty) shop at the end of January, which might be a change that'll be applied everywhere.

20. WinterMilla

[​IMG]

MADE likes this.