1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Clarification on new class "Archer" release

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by CM Yukimura, Oct 23, 2018.

1. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

Greetings adventurers,

We found out that some articles on the web could have been misleading regarding the release of the new content. Therefore we would like to clarify that the new class "Archer" will not be released together with Drieghan on 14th November. Please tune in to TwitchCon 2018 this week for more information regarding the Archer class.

We apologize for the little confusion caused by the articles and hope you will enjoy the new exciting content with our beloved community!

Thank you for your understanding.

BDO team.

#1 CM Yukimura, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2018
  2. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

it was obvious that it wouldn't come out the 14th tho

3. ghoulz666

We only get the nerfs and p2w crap immediately.

4. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

Any chance you can push for a simultaneous international release? I mean... this is a class people have been asking for since the very beginning.

Mana_Mafia, Ruffe, bobo1979 and 3 others like this.
  5. Gwenny

When is the Archer coming then? I've been away from the game for awhile so I'm not up to date with everything that's been going on. I'm looking forward to that class. Is there no set date for him then?

6. Yemeth26

clarification: we really need a new class?

Stillwaters likes this.
  7. MightyMidgit

MightyMidgit Ranger NA

Clarification: yes, we do, mainly because players have been asking for this class since release (it was teased in preview trailers before BDO release but was then scrapped).

December in KR if I remember correctly. I'm begging for an international release. I do not want to wait until next summer or fall for it.

8. Arialia

Arialia Clannaris Mystic EU

First class male bow , Archer : yes

CyborgImpact and Tvvin like this.
  9. Tvvin

It's only fair. They're pushing for a global pay for a chance to win faster cash shop after all

Ruffe likes this.
  10. Yemeth26

instead of balancing the current classes you prefer a new one .. ok

Stillwaters likes this.
  11. Sibyyl

Global Build

[​IMG]

Here's the quote and the link:
    Announcement: https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/dev-diary-2.149538/

#11 Sibyyl, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  12. Silnaer

Thanks for the clarification!

#12 Silnaer, Oct 23, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
  13. Silversure

Utter bulls.hit and lies. We just do get the trash, crappy changes who no one wants like node changes harshly criticized (see here just a few comments down below), incomplete changes like the rework to fishing BUT without the new mastery for life skill (implemented in KR since June 28th LOLOLOL:O "global build"), just to put some examples as this particular situations both have happened before. Appart from this, we get of course all the Cash Shop items timely, the more overpriced the item, the better and the faster it comes out.

Good job, keep on with the "global build".

14. Arialia

Arialia Clannaris Mystic EU

don't laugh ;) i mean really male ( "masculin" in french ) and not manly ("viril" in french ) , man is no good term in this case : elf are not human ...

15. Boobah220

What happened to bringing the other servers current with KR and making things a global release? Guess that wont be happening anytime soon?

16. CM Richter

Community Coordinator

You talking smack on my new main? :O

17. Joungf

Well, first the male Elven should return from their secret mission - then the lore should be updated - then male elven will come as a new playable class .... did I forget something? .... o_O

18. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

I think this would also be a good step to reconcile the relation with the player base that feels neglected and abandoned.

19. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

I think it’s safe to say that most of the veteran playerbase knew there was close to zero chance it was going to be released with Dreighan. I just hope we don’t have to wait 6-8 months after the KR release to get it. It would be very nice if Archer could be released before Summer 2019 in NA/EU.

Stillwaters and Ruffe like this.
  20. Hemuk

I dont see the point of announcing stuff that will come out in Korea on a US event, giving Drieghan a release date was fine I guess but Ordelita's announcement was tone deaf at best, why tease us with something that'll probably be released mid 2019? Same with this new class, I'll give PA the benefit of the doubt; maybe Archer's global release will be their first act of good will for the "global build" they swear they're aiming fo, but if not; this' some serious missleading blueballing going on here.