1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class after Hashashin pweeeze? ^^

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by BuShiDo, Jun 7, 2020.

1. BuShiDo

And no Musa is not a Samurai. Its a Korean foot soldier/warrior.

2. Bizmarc89

Just play awaken ninja

CompZilla likes this.
  3. Souda

Souda Warrior 61 EU

Why not play ninja

4. BuShiDo

I have played awakening ninja for a while now. It's practically the same thing I know but I was looking a Samurai specific class with its own set of non-ninja skills.

Two-Tu likes this.
  5. Ben Phoenix

I thought you were against threads "like this"...

6. Two-Tu

Two-Tu Musa 62 EU

True that. Ninja even has a Samurai outfit.

Unfortunately, the idea of a Samurai-esque class has been pushed into Ninja's awakening and I don't think that PA would create yet another class that uses Katanas.

7. RainnellLynnMitarius

I think it's a good thing for them to move away from oriental-inspired classes at the moment. In technicality? Ninja Awakening is exactly a samurai but maybe a little more original than traditional. Also? Ghost of Tsushima and BDO are two very different games and playstyle. While BDO may be action combat, it isn't the same versus a controlled and solo-played environment. You have a lot of stuff to be taken into consideration because of other players' interactions, and also the other classes abilities and combat. Cause, unlike the video? I doubt others players will wait for their turns to kill you lol

I'd be happier for them to visit ideas around Dwarves, with big blunt weapons. Or like the Hashashin? Arabian. I even suggested a Fadus with clawlike weapons, fighting similarly to Wolverine from X-men. They have been doing great so far with how creative the new classes are ---let's not just road back to "Asian with sharpy blady blade" type of thing.

8. Dark Eus

Screw it! next class should be a dark/death knight/ dark elf male!

9. PancakeRift

Just gimme a Necromancer themed off of Hexe Sanctuary please

10. BuShiDo

Yes my thoughts exactly. So I am not holding my breath really.

11. BuShiDo

Yes you got me. I am against suggesting/asking PA what the next class should be because, as how I understood it, they've already made their decision a long time ago on what the entire class roster is going to be like. So class suggestions are a waste of time.

I should have named the thread "I hope this is the next class in their lineup" but I got caught up in the moment. Feel free to clobber me over the head. It is justified.

12. Ben Phoenix

I won't clobber you, of course, I'm not that kind of person.

I actually got the opposite impression because of something the devs said months ago and I think I discussed that with you, if I remember correctly. =)

Anyway, I see your point with this class but it's too similar to what we already have so I guess it won't happen. :/

Joungf likes this.
  13. Ben Phoenix

We will never give up on that one, will we? :P

Joungf and Dark Eus like this.
  14. BuShiDo

My apologies I have a bad memory on what was discussed but I guess I can go search for those posts. If the Devs position has shifted from what I understood it to be then it would seem community influence on future classes might be possible and I agree with you about the similarities on awakening ninja that makes it hard to justify adding in a Samurai class.

15. Beeso

Munchashin?

Or "The Glutton" from a race of fat bearded dwarfs.....would need to think of proper weapons though..

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  16. Ben Phoenix

Don't need to apologize. If I remember correctly they said that they had some concepts about the next classes, including different races. It sounds like they are open to suggestions and didn't actually decide long ago but I should read that interview again to see if I got it 100% right anyway.

#16 Ben Phoenix, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  17. Ben Phoenix

-____________-

18. Beeso

What?

Ben Phoenix likes this.
  19. Ben Phoenix

I actually thought about a weapon... A giant chicken thigh, raw, so your opponent gets also salmonella from it.

Joungf likes this.
  20. Beeso

That was my initial thought too, but I guess it wouldn't really fit/work. And what about awakening, a long sausage rope to drag enemies from distance like scorpion?

Joungf and Ben Phoenix like this.