1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Class with most / least weapon swap necessary?

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Harpoon1972, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Harpoon1972

I question I am asking me for quite some time: Which classes rely the most on changing between preawakening and awakening weapon - and which classes can stay in Awakening without loosing much?

2. Catastigma

Every classe require switching for be mastered now. like is supose to be.

3. Harpoon1972

Sure. But I have to switch way less on my Musa than on my Kunoichi. There are differences.

4. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

As the above poster said, every class needs, this is how the game is meant to be. However, with the comming musa changes which gives a cc back on our heavy hitter and cc back on q (which has similiarities to dragon bite in pre awak) I would say that Musa could be one of those classes where you can potentially just play in awakening, however this could also more quickly drain your stamina in a lengthier fight.

5. Harpoon1972

Maybe I should explain, that I don't have a problem with switching myself. I really enjoy my Kunoichi. I just wondered, how you all think about the "swap intensity" of the different classes.

6. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

I'd argue Sorceress has one of if not THE highest rate of swap. She really does use her whole kit. Damage on awakening, iframe and other combos on main hand. Flowing between the two is critically essential to not die but also be viable in combat. I haven't played many other classes as heavily as sorc but that's my take on it.

7. RedThunder

RedThunder Mutsu Witch 60 EU

If this is about PVE then i'd say that Witch and probably Wizard as well should be one of those classes that don't need to swap "that much". I personally use my pre awakening skills during PVE only for buffs/heal though most of the time i only use the casting time buff which has a CD of 50 sec or so and i simply use Detonative Flow to switch back but in PVP i use attacks as well and also switch more much frequently.

Red

8. Dremlock

Musa and Maehwa can stay in awakening basically forever

Depending on positioning, ranger can stay in either preawaken or awaken for a long time without swapping

Witch + Wiz essentially stay in awakening forever. Their moves basically forcibly swap you between preawaken and awaken without needing to press the weapon swap button.

9. Razumikhn

In pvp the more weapon swaps with kuno the better, abuse that frontal guard. Also pretty sure you can still jump into a FG weapon swap with knockdown effect if you run out of CCs or miss a grab and accidently jump

10. farsay

farsay Mystic 62 NA

If you don’t swap as a mystic, you will get perma CC’ed and do no damage, it is not an option for mystic

11. Harpoon1972

Thank you all for your replies so far!

I recently tried out the Lahn and I get the feeling, you don't needthe Preawakening THAT much. Did I miss something?

12. Beeso

[ insert your own/favourite/interesting class here] would be the answer, it seems.

13. Layliara

you don't need to swap to preawakened on lahn like at all, maybe like for a few seconds youll swap but that's it, your mainly in awakening on lahn

~Which classes rely the most on changing between preawakening and awakening weapon - and which classes can stay in Awakening without loosing much?
    ---From what ive played the ones that rely on both are: ranger, sorc, and tamer,
    ---Ones that can stay on awakening for the most part: maehwa, kunoichi, dark knight, Valkyrie, witch, and (maybe) mystic

#13 Layliara, Jun 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  14. flukeSG2

flukeSG2 Tamer 62 NA

Tamer uses her entire kit on both pre-awakened and awakened. The thing is with new classes after you hit level 56, you wanna dump all you can into your awakened skills for the most part as in general, they do the most damage. It isn't until you get many more skill points that you can really start to dump into both equally. I feel like the skill points required for some classes far exceed what others require. Like with 1750 skill points I can get all of my necessary Tamer skills, but with 1400 skill points I barely scratch the surface with pre-awakened skills on my Mystic.

15. 2Cents

As @RedThunder pointed out Witch/Wizard really don't need Pre Awakening to PVE. If your trying to reduce the amount of spam needed that is the way to go. Having slower skills in extended PVE that still do the same effect is quite a relief. Especially as opposed to classes that require cancel or spam.

16. Haddock

To whomever said that musa can stay in awakening for ever. Pretty sure you're not a good musa then! Perhaps if ur 260+ AP and use solely BtB but otherwise you better use your full skill set or ur gonna get rekt. ^^

17. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

If you're a lower geared Lahn, in pvp you will have to swap to get some utility from preawakening...if you have enough ap, swapping is just unnessecary.

18. Spectrari

Sorceress needs lots of swapping

Lahn can stay in awakening almost all the time (if not all the time)

19. ambyentlight

20. yukishiro1

Sorc/ninja/kuno needs to swap the most. Maybe tamer too.