1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. GM Rhotaaz

Lead Game Master

Hello Adventurers,

We have been closely monitoring the situation regarding the issue of private servers providing unauthorised access to Black Desert Online. Our efforts include shutting these servers down by reporting cases of private server operations and taking necessary legal actions.

What is a Private Server?

Private servers are game servers or the means of providing game services that have been created by modifying and distributing our client without express approval, agreement or licensing from the developers of the game, or the publishers of the game for the purpose of providing illegal game services.

We consider the operation of private servers to be an infringement of our copyright and we will be taking measures to protect our interests and the interests of the Black Desert Online community. As the use of unwarranted private servers damages the gaming experience of all of the adventurers who enjoy Black Desert Online through the approved channels.

In a continued effort to shut down private servers, we plan to implement a Client Authentication System in Black Desert Online starting on November 7, 2018.

We would like to assure our adventurers that the implementation of the Client Authentication System will not affect gameplay for those who access our game through the approved channels.

Users may, however, experience an issue in which the client will not properly authenticate if OS time settings were forcibly changed on their PC, resulting in certain restrictions to gameplay.

In the event that this happens, please carefully read through the pop-up alert from the launcher and follow the instructions provided to run the game.

Synchronize the system clock on your PC to the current time and restart your game client.
    1. Right-click on the date and time in the bottom right of your computer screen.
    2. Click on "Adjust date/time"
      [​IMG]
    3. Make sure the following 2 options are turned on:
      [​IMG]
    4. Restart your computer

After this, you should be able to start the game again; If this still does not work, try the following:
    1. Open your Control Panel by writing "Control Panel" in your Windows Search bar:
      [​IMG]
    2. Open the Date & Time settings
      [​IMG]
    3. On the "Internet Time" tab, press "Change Settings"
      [​IMG]
    4. Make sure the "Synchronize with an Internet time server" checkbox is ticked and then press "Update now"
      [​IMG]
    5. Restart your computer

Please be mindful that game play may be restricted if our system detects instances where the same actions are repeated multiple times. If you are unable to start the game due to client authentication failure, please contact customer service for assistance.

We would like to assure you that we are committed to maintaining a user-friendly community.

If you find any private servers, please be sure to submit a report regarding this to the Game Master Team. Also, please note that gameplay restrictions may be enforced against users who promote or advertise private servers.

We would like to thank you for your unwavering support.

Update 14:50 UTC
    We have located an issue where some players' Launcher is not being updated, preventing the game from authenticating properly. If you are affected by an error, please make sure that your Launcher version is 1.0.4.5; if you are using any other earlier version, you can download the latest version below.
    http://akamai-gamecdn.blackdesertonline.com/game/download/setup/BDO_Launcher_1045.zip

Once downloaded, unzip BDO_Launcher_1045.zip and replace the Black Desert Online Launcher executable found inside your game installation folder with the newly downloaded one and restart your system.

#1 GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
    MeldamirieI, Mudari, Lingmao and 25 others like this.
  2. RoakOriginal

You think people will return to this ****ed up game after you shut private servers down? If you werent ****ing up all the time, there would be no need for private servers... They aint even legacy for 4fun content as others game have, just fixed up **** you guys force onto players...

Slynx, Jonnyyy, sooobad and 70 others like this.
  3. Vafthrudnirson

Or you know, you could address some of the problems driving players off the official server. I don't play unofficial servers and don't care about them, but you're driving at madness trying to fight them. What can you do with 5 guys on salary versus 300 hobbyists? It's pointless. Make the game better, stop doing things that your players tell you are bad. You have human customers, not dairy cows.

Some suggestions:

Core PvP problems have plagued this game all year and it was all totally not necessary. The spring PvP work was just abandoned in a broken state and it's unacceptable. Tone down renown bonus scaling. Finish the CC rework, mainly add down smash and that class of status effect CC to the lockouts. Fix unjust skill removals like all functionality being removed from quick slot flame buster for no reason.

Make all guild income personal funds, do away with guild pay. Just make participants in the things that give guild funds receive funds directly. Mainly, make SMH loot just normal personal loot and give node war and siege participants silver in the mail for participating. You could rework contracts to determine your split of the profits. Making guilds become dead husks of black market businesses rather than communities is doing the most harm to this game above all.

Rebalance conquest war and normal monster grinding income to be between 40% and 60% of SMH per hour rather than 10% to 30%. Forcing people go out to sea where there's nothing going on, no other players, no item drops, to mindlessly farm for astronomically higher efficiency has stripped the life out of this game. You don't need to nerf SMH, just make the rest of the game playable in comparison. If SMH is the economy you want, then give it to us. Clearly the game still functions when you arbitrarily dump endless trillions of silver into it or you would have nerfed SMH a long time ago.

What is the problem? What is the hold up? It's getting to a point where it's too late to make these improvements, how can you leave this many game breaking issues untouched for 9+ months and still expect to have customers or any level of consumer confidence?

#3 Vafthrudnirson, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Slynx, Fearless V, sooobad and 73 others like this.
  4. Zavanus

Poggers

hawkmanlol492 likes this.
  5. Rayin

This.
    Private servers by friends experience and video are x10 times better than our official client and not because they give you 80 pearls daily basis, is because they actually care to fix the issues of this game if they can do it by themselves and correct even your "fix".
    There's still the old class balance there but it has been updated with the recent patches, Relics spawn faster, incoveniences of any sort that can be bypassed with CS items are either eliminated or you can acquire pearls as i said above, so it's a temporary minor inconvenience. Even other things such as physics or stuff that are made longer on purpose to dilute the experience of this game in order to frustrate you and give you any sense of achievement, are balanced in a way that you're happy to do them, i wonder why.

I mean, they managed to change even Striker clones as i've seen in a video in a way that doesn't make them last forever especially if the Striker is affected by slow, so no random kills, in return they still stun like they used to do. Because yeah, it was a bit too much that they could stun and delete your character, but you removed the stun and increase their base damage to the infinity and beyond, so they don't even need to be used properly in a combo now, just summon them and eventually someone will die.
    Heck, such a nice fix.

Truth is that you're making me hate BDO so much that i don't even want to restart it somewhere else, even if it's much more fun, because i still have friends in here, else i'd go to play on a Private Server even today because certainly is handled better and it's much more close to the ideal experience that BDO could offer compared to the official server.
    They are free, they give you fun, they give you even ways to acquire items that aren't locked exclusively behind the cash shop and they provide an overall better experience, else many people that haven't been banned in the Official Servers wouldn't just quit it at once to play there.

Official server is just an excuse to say "This brand of butter cost more because everyone and their sisters nowadays is talking about it, so you should definitely buy this" when in fact other butters made with the same ingredients taste better because they treat better their cows and the milk is superior.
    I really hope you'll fail to shut down any private server, you must really experience the joy of seeing more of your customers on Private servers rather than in the Official one.

#5 Rayin, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    Slynx, Fearless V, Averdun and 39 others like this.
  6. Kymbur

Kymbur Summerhaven Ranger 61 NA

Interesting. So, now that everyone will have to sync their clocks to internet time, will our in-game journals work 100% for the first time since release?

7. Tazmanyak

Doing it wrong, as always.
    Grats PA.

8. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Warrior 61 EU

you think that you will be able to close private servers? haahaa, and stupidity list keeps piling up...

Patrik2991 and Ruffe like this.
  9. Ladore

Ladore Sorceress 61 EU

Instead of wondering why 4k+ players are leaving ? #BDOLogic
    Ffs people are leaving because you are slightly going into pay to win, because you need at least 100e per account to be confortable, because you take MORE THAN A YEAR to add new zones, new outfits(and yay, 40 euros), because instead of fix problems you do a remastered version that litterally nobody wanted. Really, some privates have contents that EU doesn't even have... And because you can't do a proper class balance and promote pvp because of your STUPID karma system, this STUPID mark in desert. Privates understood this. You can have almost all you need to enchant your stuff with pvp and rbf.

Btw, privates haven't any interaction with retail, I really don't know how you can prevent privates server by just checking the clock xD

Wake up, or private will be the new retail, but I made my choice like a looooooot of people, I won't ever return to retail, because you guys ****ed hard with it.

#9 Ladore, Nov 6, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  10. Asterotis

Well they're a multi-billion dollar company now with over 9000 other companies shelling money out to get them to publish their terrible games.
    If BLIZZARD can shut them down and throw out lawsuits left and right, I can't see why PA can't.

Dreadhood likes this.
  11. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Warrior 61 EU

then why there is so many pservers from blizzard games? yea i guess you can get rid of one, but 2 will spawn after that...

endless fight what will never end.... PA loses money, pserver owners gain money and players are happy
    this will never change

12. Kurylenko

I don't see how this new system could block acces to private servers as adjusting the time isn't required. Therefore, this system must come with new security measures that scans the game directory for modifications (mods) and your drive for other versions of the game.

13. HamyBrix

Ok we got it that you and a lot of other 2016 accounts are done with bdo.
    Fair enough.

But please!! Why you are and a lot of other haters still here in the forum?
    I mean when you done with something why you keep bothering?

There is a lot of potential to enhance the experience of bdo, no doubt.
    But to read in every thread the same 10-15 people crying and whining about bdo is just annoying.

Don´t get me wrong I personally think that BDO just need a re-organization of grind spot benefits in some areas and we are good to go.
    Enhancing of accessories could be reworked and PVP balance has to be addressed.

But BDO is still the best experience I ever had in regards to video games.
    And certainly it is not perfect but it is really good.

You can choose if you complain over and over again or you enjoy that what you do.

14. _InJustice

PA is an absolute joke. Fix your game so people don't want to go to private servers to actually enjoy the game.

Fearless V, Avitohol, zubas and 8 others like this.
  15. Calicoe

Calicoe Witch 62 NA

Exactly! It's amazing that this is STILL broken.

16. Rayin

Yeah, nice sheep mentality, what else can i say. I mean, if you want to use the ignorants lame excuse such as "you cry" or "you're an hater" and keep everything as it is because when "you're done" you're done and let the next big company do that, do it, don't quote me and ignore my posts because for you they do not offer anything.

Since they're talking about Private servers i gave my opinion. I play BDO from time to time but not because the game gives me fun, it's mostly for the old memories and for friends that are still playing and as much as you can keep in touch with them, eventually you'll lose that. You would've got it if you'd read my post, which you didn't, as you've decided that it wasn't forum @HamyBrix worthy.
    In short, who are you to decide that my post is biased and i should accept the game as it is or quit for once leaving a trail of friends and acquaintances behind?

So please, if you don't have any constructive thoughts and you're tired to read the same things in a forum, i suggest you to close the forum or ignore those kind of posts if you have nothing to add, because i get you "wrong" when you state that my post is just "whining" but at the same time you talk by yourself about things that can improve and are left behind on purpose.

BDO is the best experience you ever had? good for you, for me it was, now it's not anymore and everytime i come back at BDO i discover that some of my friends or guildies are playing other stuff or have quit it at once and this sadden me. And this sudden choice doesn't come because they're busy, it's more like because this game is less and less fun for them and more and more frustrating.

Slynx, Patrik2991, Ruffe and 12 others like this.
  17. HamyBrix

[QUOTE=" And this sudden choice doesn't come because they're busy, it's more like because this game is less and less fun for them and more and more frustrating.[/QUOTE]

....ok true if you played bdo 3000 hours and you do not like it anymore, it is still okay that a game was able to catch you that long.
    As I said there is always space for improvement. But every single news here will be commented by the same 10-15 guys.
    And those guys like 2cant and you are done with the game. It is ok but why keep writing that you hate the devs when you are not interested in the game.

Spectrari likes this.
  18. Factorial

How is syncing clock supposed to do anything? If anything, this is just going to somehow screw up with us legit players.

I can just see innocent accounts getting banned/restricted due to false negatives/positives. This just goes to further irate, berate then eviscerate and downright exsenguinate more player over to said private server because you are going to use some half baked detecting method. You can't even keep this website from bots that spam it freaking DAILY, CONSISTANTLY, DOWN TO A SCHEDULE.

And for what, because you can't google for private servers and strike at the source of the problem? You are a multi billion dollar company, act like it ffs. A simple google search gives you all the private servers on a golden platter.

And you wonder why players are leaving to private server...

19. MoZex

MoZex Ninja 62 EU

This auth system, have other games like WoW done it, did it have an effect on pservers? Is it easy to find a workaround? Dont get me wrong, im happy, but unsure of its impact

Ruffe likes this.
  20. Jinxd

Jinxd Sorceress 61 EU

It's funny because blizzard never really went out of their way to shut down private servers but since Kakao feels threatened by them they have to react, it shows that they're losing a consequent number of players to a less business aggressive version of their game with a much less predatory cash shop, progression system and hidden stats. Fun to see kakao try and pull as much as they can from BDO before the EU and NA versions go down the Tera sink.