1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. LoganSilver

LoganSilver LoganSilver Witch 62 NA

I get why people are frustrated with BDO. I am frustrated with some aspects of it. But we can’t blame Kakao and PA for trying to take steps to close private servers. BDO is PA’s intellectual property. Kakao has a contract with BDO to be the exclusive publisher of the game for certain regions. Private servers are illegal as those running them are essentially stealing intellectual property that does not belong to them.

I concur with many of you that BDO needs a lot of fixes. It’s a great game that has been ruined by renown scaling, pvp changes, and pay2win items. With that said, private servers aren’t a legally acceptable solution. And PA and Kakao are fully justified in taking any steps they need to shut them down. And personally, I would never play on a private server just like I would never steal another person’s property. I might not have equated the two this way as a kid (I have downloaded free movies and music as a kid), but I do see it that way today.

Chaos Ronin and Koutai like this.
  2. IceOnFaihar

U want players back? gift 50pearls each mid hour, u will se how everyone comes back, u fcked the game with all this pw2 ****... u made all of us leave, players since the release of the game on EU. Lame, the best game, idiot people developing it... is so damn easy to make the game funnier. make another server with more drop, exp and those things... dude is so ****ing damn easy...

Rah97 likes this.
  3. Hyperia

You're partially right, I love looking at it sometimes just doing nothing but it was already the best looking MMO out there by a MILE. They didn't need a remaster as much as they need the fixes. I'm not bashing the remaster - it's beautiful and I love it (except the camera effects which really need fixing) but it was a project that likely took up so much time that could've and should've gone into fixing the **** that need to be fixed.

4. Tibarange

Crimson its private or it new trademark of PA? i saw news about they plan to make such game but also known about some crimson server, where is true?

5. Greelune

Or you know, you can fix your horrible and broken ass game, instead of doing this? Shutting down these servers will not bring your players back, this company's stupidity is actually beyond me...

6. Mideum87

RIP to 10mil ppl

7. Kelet

You guys are now on a timer. You are requiring me to use the correct timezone to authenticate the client. My timezone is PDT for 8 months of the year. Your client is broken in PDT. My state just passed a law yesterday authorizing the state to switch to PDT all year around.

If we are truly in the situation that PA can't fix their own client, and is blocking workarounds knowing the client is broken, there's no hope for the game or the company.

It's not about whether I need the journal or not. It whether PA can design a functional and self-consistent gaming system.

TLDR If my Journal is broken on March 10, 2019 I'm erasing the game.

8. C4rdinal

i love how ppl put up good ideas on this beatiful forums and yet nothing changes becuz we all know why not ... PA wants to ride their own highway , highway to hell it is ... PA is only about $$$ and it wont change , KAKAO is like kittens in bag , they cant do nothing against their bad decisions.

When i started playing this game , only alone on steam they had 18-20k players in peak ...now they cant even reach 11k, only weekends they manage to get it to 12k. I know private server that has 6-8k player base. And thats only one private server. Goodluck PA with ur hard earned $$$ , i hope u choke on it

Tensa_Zangetsu likes this.
  9. Mideum87

did everything what they say i still cant get in the game mp,550x550,matte,ffffff,t.3u1.jpg

10. Netreiam

Morals are good.

Too bad money hungry companies have none.

If the p servers aren’t shut down by the law then they are legal.

Just like creating psychologically manipulative progression systems via gambling is legal.

or preying on the hopes of players that only play because they think things might get better is legal.

If we are talking people to people interaction where we are socially bound to a moral standard, then I might have a different opinion. But when it comes to soul sucking companies that don’t mind causing pain and suffering for a few more bucks (and this isn’t just PA or the gaming industry I’m talking about) I couldn’t care less.

Eraven, Kadmilos and Patrik2991 like this.
  11. Kadmilos

They lied to us.

These GM's are literally spitting in our faces here. The state of communication from the developers and GMs is very telling. I'd say this game has maybe a year, two tops before its shut down. Really sad too, since the game has so much potential; it just utterly fails to communicate and engage with its player base in NA/EU in any meaningful way.

The GMS are even asking players to help them police and report private servers, outrageously incompetent at best. How about a google search? Or is that above your pay grades?

Don't get me wrong, I really don't want private servers, I think people should always play the retail to support the actual developers of the game - but I would never blame anybody for going to there. Developers and publishers have to look into the reasons why people are going to these servers; hint: it's because the game isn't being administered properly - trying to destroy others avenues to enjoy BDO utterly reeks of insecurity and probably a very poorly performing game in terms of numbers. - especially if they're worrying about the few thousand that are on these servers...

As a general rule of thumb, it seems failing games are the most willing to punish and try and stop private servers...

@GM Rhotaaz will you comment further on any of the real issues highlighted by your customers here or not? It would be handy if you shared your job description with us all so we can assess whether or not you're being negligent in your duties in dealing with your employers customers... (If its not your department, send the appropriate team here to answer us immediately, please!)

All we ask is you and your team:

ADDRESS THE CONCERNS OF YOUR CUSTOMERS - STOP IGNORING US.

C4rdinal, YukiAsuna and Likivi like this.
  12. Likivi

13. Kadmilos

I don't blame Kakao for taking these steps at all, power to them. Private servers aren't a good thing for the health of a game, but to outright ban them and not investigate why players are moving there? The way I see it is like this:

Kakao brought a boat, and then proceeded to drill holes in its hull - (complete and utter lack of communication from Kakao, or developers - and insult to injury promising better communication and over half a year later, still nothing!), then they have the audacity to start ramming into other private server boats that people are trying out in order to desperately get their BDO fix, without some suicidal publisher trying to take down the thing the players obviously love.

Not to labor the point, but the administration of this game has gone down hill and as customers we have a duty to be angry about it. The ones who are on the private servers are there because they love BDO itself - they just hate the way Kakao is running the show.

Which I know is sad for Kakao and their employees, I get it, but PA should look at private servers as evidence that Kakao isn't acting as a decent enough publisher. There are significant lessons to be learned from these private servers, so I really hope they are being taken on board.

It is fair to paint the private servers as evil copyright infringes, and to try and stop them, but why people are going there in the first place, and why they are staying is the most important thing to look at here, by far.

Eraven likes this.
  14. Likivi

dowloaded funking zip didnt help at all !

15. Hatrex

try everything they recommended me, but after 8H I still can not get in (patch garbage)

16. cedes101

I don't have private server and I pay for the game and I still cant get in the game.

17. ShivanDr

Did "Adjust Time/Date" and restarted my computer - Can't get in
    Did "Control Panel / Synchronized" and restarted my computer - Can't get in
    Did "Download zip and replace" and restarted my computer - Can't get in
    Then tried to repair my entire game folder - Can't get in
    Reloaded the entire game - Can't get in

Just an FYI for whoever tried the last 2 options. It doesn't work
    Kashkao fix your game.

EDIT: Can log in now. No idea what fixed it though

#357 ShivanDr, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Kadmilos and Likivi like this.
  18. Likivi

did everything possible… posted complians a few times but they delete or edit those… :) i'm it-er myself.. but i dont have customer who have spend hundreds or thousand of kashkao .. or abyssal amounts of fake money .… juste test your stupid patches ..we will not mind a week without update ! we will be bothered by hours of trying to fi or download again 30+ gigs of unusable bits .. and stop editing or removing rightfull comments event if they are a bit harsh .. (printscreening this …)

19. highvolts

in the end, the legit players are affected XO

BellaKora, Kadmilos and Hatrex like this.
  20. Columba

I cannot seem to extract this file. Any ideas? EDIT: Nevermind. I had to update winrar