1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Layana

I get the fear of losing players but that's happening anyway? Why not instead build a model around leasing to people willing to create private servers. You can provide a hosting option for a charge or have them host with a separate provider then charge a monthly fee based on the number of players on that server. As that server's player base grows so does the monthly. You can even charge them for additional content/regions. Plus, if a server experiences enough growth you can track why said server became so popular and possibly implement changes into the main game.

I'm sure the concerns is making the "code" accessible and abuse of main game but it's going to happen anyway. As you said with your post on twitter and the 9 bans you don't have the manpower; it puts a strain on the team. I don't condone private server but I feel it might be a profitable business venture if well thought out and packaged correctly.

2. kakodaimonos

Well I spend like $400 or so into BDO so far. Not sure how much that is in your opinion but I think for a single game that is quite a lot. I stoped spending any money when the game went downhill for me. That was where i drew the line and started freeloading. As the private servers came up with some better bugfixing and stuff I was curious about how they would feel. And ohh boy was it fun.

I agree with you that this is a pirated version of the game and as such illegal. But I also think that companies like PA or Blizzard deserve to be treated as such by abandoning their games and focusing on Mobile stuff no one of the PC playerbase actually wants. We have to take a step back because they want to make loads of money. And if you feel that way you start switching to ripoff products from china (to put it into real worlds perspective) that is actually working the way, the real one was supposed to be. At least that's how most people do it.

I'm not even ashamed I gave the P-Servers a try. I wish there was a serious competitor to BDO with good graphics and combat that mainly focuses on doing things right for the costumers. Sadly there isn't. At least not yet. But I'm all in for bringing PA down to the ground and showing them what a **** show they presented us.

If you're OK with how they've handled things that's fine by me. I'm actually not and if it hurts them so they might think twice about what they've done I'm all in for it.

Eraven, Patrik2991 and Mimimimi like this.
  3. MomoLahn

i already flushdns, repair the launcher by clicking the repair. still doesn't work.. i still get this error client authentication fail.. WTH is going on.. just after this update yesterday i cant log in..

4. Eri 4

Small update: Still can't log in (Steam).

My clock is synchronized with internet time but since I carry bdo around in an external hard drive, chances are your 'measures' ****ed something in general. GJ.

5. TCR

TCR

I dont even get an error it just shuts down as soon as I hit start! Did the sync thing I am not downloading this game again I will quit first!

6. Kvouthe

Nothing helps. cant play :D

7. Kvouthe

this is not best place for such posts. The forum is big, post it somwhere else. we are looking for the fixes of new launcher issue.

TCR likes this.
  8. Alicia Dominica

Well, assuming you played since launch - given your join date - the 400$ investment is about 13 bucks per month by now, meaning very well in line with what could have been a traditional MMO-subscription from back in the days. Good times, but by today's standards, I wouldn't say that this is a heavy investment - as far as I'm concerned, you got your moneys worth out of this easily.

That said, I'm by no means happy with how they handled things. I wouldn't "main" this game, I wouldn't recommend it to my friends and I prolly wouldn't pick it up at this point anymore. However, there are still aspects I enjoy and that warrant my casual play-style with a bunch of hours per week. I like the OW and life-skill stuff - the MMO I main and play primarily for PvP doesn't have that, so they complement each others nicely in that regard. Should that change in the future or my schedule dictates that I have to make a pick between the two, I will drop BDO, walk away and be done.

See, this is the issue I have with your self-righteous approach on the matter and all this talk about how they "deserve" this and how you want to give them "payback" and what not: You are basically committing criminal acts in order get back at a company you feel mistreated you. However, with this kind of behavior, you are not hurting anyone other than yourself. If your actions will ever attract any sorts of law-enforcement, all they will see is that you committed a crime and punish you for it. Your reasons - no matter how righteous you think they are - are no excuse for this. So like I said, if you are done, you walk away. That there are no alternatives in terms of MMOs is simply an excuse - there are plenty. Perhaps they don't look as good, but if looks are truly all you care about, you should have no issue to continue playing this game anyway - on the "live"-servers.

Fearless V, Hyperia, Eri 4 and 3 others like this.
  9. TCR

TCR

How do I repair I dont see anything in the BDO folders to do it

10. Kvouthe

I guess we cant fix anything. just wait till they upload new patches.

TCR likes this.
  11. kakodaimonos

Uhh uhh! My acting is by no means in any shape or form criminal. The criminals are those who actually put up the Servers. If I play there I'm no criminal at all.

You might think this is cheap reasoning but I don't pirate any games at all. I use piracy as a source of being able to test the game out before I buy it. Todays developers only want money right from the get go. The days of demos are long gone. So this is the only viable source of getting to test a game before you buy it. Is it illegal? By todays laws, yes it is. But I never pirate a game and finish it all the way through. I buy it before this happens. For me piracy is a way of getting around all these money milking companies and actually play what I enjoy and no... those 2 hours of steam to be viable for a refund doesn't really fit when you play actual games that got hundreds of hours of content.

I already paid quite alot for BDO and I COULD still play it. But I prefer to play on a P-Server instead. I got all the rights to play this game in the way I want to. If I would not have bought the real game then we could argue about being a criminal. But I did.

#371 kakodaimonos, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  12. Sergiul

Atm it looks something like this:
    [​IMG]
    People leave this game because of your unstopable cashgrab attemps. But still think that's private servers fault. Logic lvl 100

Eraven and Kadmilos like this.
  13. SuzyIdle

funny how legit players cant get in game , meanwhile twitch is full of people streaming private servers , guess this didnt work much

Fearless V, highvolts and Kvouthe like this.
  14. JeanJean

Blizzard has never been shy about closing private servers and Lord, did they close many of them many times

Of course one may say than players population was reduced by 2.5 in 6 months, and than PA communication is quite horrible.. .

Because of that poor communication, players grievances and malignity gain root even if unfairly for a part:
    - nobody asked for remasterised graphics ? this new graphic rendering has been in the pipe for more than a year now, and nobody complained about it ... until now
    - predatory cashshop ? this game had a cashshop since the begining, and nobody ever force you to buy. Damn I didn't even raise my weight limit on my main.
    - bad programming ? give us a break, design and ship your own super unbugged MMO, and we will compare
    - abandonning the game ? drieghan is shipped the next week, xbox version is on beta
    - developing a mobile version of the game ? if PA had not invested in NA and Europe, revenues would have dropped and Bdo would be an desert online with bad quality emulating servers by now
    - unbalanced class and skill ? hell yes, but the class and skill have never been balanced in Bdo.
    - renow system and guild payout ? yes, they are really broken mecanisms and should have been adressed long ago

#374 JeanJean, Nov 8, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  15. Kvouthe

lol, yea. never had deal with any unlegit private games. Played Russian BDO untill it got closed, now playing here. but this morning **** happened D: now i cant access to the game

16. Reyfer

Ok, I am really curious about what people here mean when they say "balance".......do they mean every class should deal same damage and block same? Because that is stupid and if that's what it means "balance" then the game should have only one class. The different classes and skills are meant to be DIFFERENT, some classes BY DESIGN are supposed to deal more damage, others are supposed to resist damage better, others are supposed to evade better......I have been playing MMOs since UO, played almost every MMO since, and I miss the days when players actually tried to know and better their class and skills instead of whining about "oh, class X and class Y can kill me faster than I kill them, we need balance".....

17. Eri 4

"BALANCE" is that every class is viable/good in EVERY aspect of the game (pve/1v1s/group fights/nw/sieges/smallscale/largescale) and that each class can beat another one.

And you wouldn't be saying that if it was YOUR class that wasn't viable in siege or nws and half of the skills get her killed, and she can't combo anymore, etc etc.

Fearless V likes this.
  18. JonnyG

Dear! I 2nd day can not get into the game. I don't play on pirate servers, but for some reason my friend playing on a pirate server is easily able to enter the game....Time goes by, workers do not work, money is not in circulation. My application has not been responded to for almost 24 hours. Why do you spoil the lives of normal players?

19. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I don't agree that "balance" should mean all classes viable/good in every aspect of the game at all. Each class should fall into a category of being good at the role it was made for. ie: Tanks don't get murdered in 2 seconds, healers/buffers do just that, assassins can do quick burst damage and get away, but are squishy as hell, ranged classes can.. well, kill you from range but die very easy if you get close and so on and so on. That is actual balance in an mmo, not every class you pick will be great at every aspect. Is this your 1st mmo?

Reyfer likes this.
  20. Eri 4

BDO has no class roles. There are classes that share traits of traditional classes' roles like low hp for assassins, healing/buffs for support. But all classes are dps classes in bdo.

Most mmos have some sort of 1v1 ranked system but bdo has none. By your logic, Tamer, which is considered a 1v1 class (since it sucks balls at group fights aside from suicide grab/absorb bot/100% bot), can't/shouldn't be viable/able to do group pvp (the only type of pvp system in the game). In a game like bdo, which doesn't abide by the traditional class archetypes but instead superficially borrows from them and makes every class a dmg dealer with added bonuses, every class should be viable in all aspects. Ideally, viable=average/good + fun.

You CAN go to a siege with a tamer... But it's not viable.

I'm ok with classes having a focus on 2 out of 3 things and I don't necessarily mean that they need to be OP in 2 out of 3 (pve/1v1/group pvp, for example). But ideally all classes should be viable (meh-average-good) at everything at varying degrees and always fun.

I also do not see how my prior mmo knowledge has anything to do with bdo since bdo doesn't follow class archetypes like lowdps healers or lowdmg tanks. The closer thing to a tank ingame is mystic probably and that's because of her magic dr.

Chaos Ronin likes this.