1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018 at 10:11 AM.

1. Eri 4

BDO has no class roles. There are classes that share traits of traditional classes' roles like low hp for assassins, healing/buffs for support. But all classes are dps classes in bdo.

Most mmos have some sort of 1v1 ranked system but bdo has none. By your logic, Tamer, which is considered a 1v1 class (since it sucks balls at group fights aside from suicide grab/absorb bot/100% bot), can't/shouldn't be viable/able to do group pvp (the only type of pvp system in the game). In a game like bdo, which doesn't abide by the traditional class archetypes but instead superficially borrows from them and makes every class a dmg dealer with added bonuses, every class should be viable in all aspects. Ideally, viable=average/good + fun.

You CAN go to a siege with a tamer... But it's not viable.

I'm ok with classes having a focus on 2 out of 3 things and I don't necessarily mean that they need to be OP in 2 out of 3 (pve/1v1/group pvp, for example). But ideally all classes should be viable (meh-average-good) at everything at varying degrees and always fun.

I also do not see how my prior mmo knowledge has anything to do with bdo since bdo doesn't follow class archetypes like lowdps healers or lowdmg tanks. The closer thing to a tank ingame is mystic probably and that's because of her magic dr.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  2. Kvouthe

Why you flame here? People looking for solutions of their problem.
    I got fixed my problem with unabling to start the game (thx to GM). After trying everything all i needed is to replace BlackDesert64.dat and BlackDesert32.dat with those that were sent to my by GM's. I can upload it here, but im not sure if i have permisions. gl everyone to fix that annoying issue.

JeanJean and Chaos Ronin like this.
  3. Eri 4

Are you maybe steam?

4. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Maehwa 60 NA

I do agree with you to some extent, but the reason it is how it is now, is because everyone has a 1 dimensional way of building their toon. APAPAP, if people actually built for certain roles, there would be different roles for certain classes. Like a Mystic as you mentioned.. If that said Mystic built for DP/DR, she would be op and a great tank, same for striker, warrior/valk (if they fixed them that is) and even zerker. A dp witchard could be pure cancer on the battlefield. An evasion based ninjo too for example. This game could work as a balanced game if the Dev's stop giving out stupid amounts of AP bonuses and making just 1 single build viable, but all of this is for another topic i guess.

Eraven and Eri 4 like this.
  5. Mideum87

wut!
    plx do cuz i like camping here in there for info to fix this f up sh it

6. Kvouthe

No, im playing through Kakao Launcher

7. Eri 4

k too bad. still can't log in, I've tried everything I can, their "support" is as useless as ever for me.

8. Mideum87

can you post what the gm give you

9. Eri 4

What they edited in the OP. Told me to do and adjust the time and synchronize it, and linked me that zip launcher, totally ignoring the fact that I'm a steamy and that wouldn't work for me.

10. Mideum87

im not a steam player but i did everything what they say on page 1 but nothing working

11. Kvouthe

im not sure if that files have my personal info. In that case i post a picture of what GM told me.
    3.JPG

12. Eri 4

I tried everything, I un-installed steam and reinstalled it. Uninstalled bdo and reinstalled it. Deleted cache, restarted my pc multiple times, synchronized my time a bunch of times, put the launcher they gave us where they told us- as if that would help. Nothing works.

Their measures MUST have affected something more than just the synchronization cause there's no reason I shouldn't be able to log in.

I carry bdo around in an external hard drive.

13. Eri 4

Can you attach the files themselves?

14. Mideum87

well sh it shouldnt they give out that **** out with the new clients

15. Eri 4

Well, even if he were to attach them, I HAVE those files.

16. Eri 4

I'm at my wit's end, I got no idea what else to do.

17. Mideum87

18. Eri 4

yeah I don't know what else to do and the worst part is that I spent 160 bucks during this bonus back event since it was a good opportunity to get some stuff I needed. I had also just gotten a unicorn and was ready to reroll to mystic to have some fun... Nice timing. Since I'm not getting my money back I hope they use it to buy themselves some decency or some opium

19. Kvouthe

ok guys. i hope i can share these files.
    BlackDesert32.dat going to bin folder.
    BlackDesert64.dat going to bin64 folder.
    if you dont know what is bin and bin64, then just dont tuch anything. And 1st of all make backups.

Attached Files:

Alexor likes this.
  20. cedes101

I did troubleshoot compatibility and that fixed it

#400 cedes101, Nov 8, 2018 at 8:46 PM
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 3:57 AM