1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Diamond143

I had no problem until I got disconnected yesterday, I try to relog and get this crap, I have tried every trick posted multiple times and still nothing, tried everything support suggested still nothing, completely uninstalled game and re-installed and absolutely NOTHING. I really would like to enjoy my game again please.

2. Silvermantle

@GM Rhotaaz If you guys started fixing issues (Node War Laag, self induced DDOS etc.) that are relevant and ease on the cash milking of its player base, the private servers would die out on their own.. but that's too much to ask for isn't it?
    So now we have a useless authentication that doesn't even affect private servers in the least because they don't run your client version... So.. good job accomplishing nothing and frustrating legit players with more stupid **** we have to do in order to play.. I'm done with this game.

3. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

are you using steam or retail version?

EDIT: if you use retail, did you try anything from this thread?
    https://community.blackdesertonline...t-customer-service.327593/page-2#post-1712143

#443 Rising_Chaos, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
  4. OmegaXYZ

#444 OmegaXYZ, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2018
    Sandrituky likes this.
  5. MikeLee

Steam user. Tried every method. replace bin files, redownload, sync time. Still cannot start the game.

6. OmegaXYZ

I updated launcher to 1.0.4.5 and I fixed date as told in windows 10 and It starts.

7. highvolts

it's not that easy boy! they won't easily vanished like a bubble

8. Diamond143

I bought the game way before it came out on steam and I've replace those bin files mutiple times restarted my pc that many times and still get the same crap so nothing it working for me. I've also did a complete uninstall and re-install 3 times also.

9. Rising_Chaos

did you also replace the launcher and version.dat file?
    in the upper right corner you can see which version your launcher is > 1.0.4.5 is the new one so far.

upload_2018-11-11_3-55-15.png

@GM Caramel @GM Dew @GM Rhotaaz > can't you just add a "@GM Team" for everyone? ;)
    can someone of you guys maybe link the
    Black Desert Online Launcher.exe > version 1.0.4.5 (or newer if replaced by one if the mini patches)
    version.dat
    and if related to the problem also
    blackdesert32.exe
    blackdesert32.dat
    blackdesert64.exe
    blackdesert64.dat

or what other files may be related here?

For one of my guildies who uses the retail version like me it helped replacing the normal launcher (and version.dat) which i sent him, maybe stuff like this works here too? he had version 1.0.2.2 when he had the problem

#449 Rising_Chaos, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    Eri 4 likes this.
  10. Diamond143

I checked my clock 100 times, made sure I got version 1.0.4.5, did those bin files, uninstalled and re-installed game 3 times redid the bin files many more times and still nothing. I have gone from frustrated to pissed off. I even added the 2 step verification as recommended by whoever answered my ticket

Attached Files:

11. Diamond143

OK, I this is everything that happeded leading up to my issue. On Tuesday I spent another $100 on pearls, I like my characters to look pretty, I like the cute pets, I love having lots of maids (not the butler, its fugly and I don't need it scaring my maids) hey I'm a girl what do you expect. I checked my clock 100 times before maintenance to make sure it was correct. Wednesday after maintenance I was fine, Friday my internet took a 2 second crap and I got disconnected from game, I relog and see that "Unable to start the game due to client authentication failure. Please contact Customer Service for further assistance" which I did. I changed those dang bin files so many times I've lost count, added the 2 step verification crap as recommended, I checked out dos teeth...I mean links (no help btw), I do NOT nor will I ever play on a private server, I don't trust them (heard too many stalker horror stories because of them, may have had a couple myself). Oh and when I try to log into game I see ver 1.0.4.5. What am I doing wrong?

12. Diamond143

omg I'm back in, they gave wrong information on what to set internet time to instead of time.windows.com I set it to time.nist.gov and I'm in

Rising_Chaos likes this.
  13. Rising_Chaos

nice too read that you are back in :)

14. BlackSparkle

BlackSparkle Witch

Or you make retail buy 2 play. Give players who pay 15-20 euro each month a lot bonusses, free 200 pearls every hour. This way it will be fair. Also tune down that RNG. Why does some people get pen at 95 stacks and other 300+.

I was sitting at 200 failstacks while my friend just onetabbed pen. He played so much less than me, and was so better geared at the end. I had 330cp, he only had 250. A hard game is good, but progress is to unfair.

Fearless V likes this.
  15. Rising_Chaos

i'm not a fan of the intense RNG myself, but if they tone it down too much, you have every noobie that played the game for less than 6 months running around with PEN gear...

and regarding pearls...200 per hour? are you ****ing serious? if it would be like in TESO where you pay 15 bucks and get 1500 crowns (for the whole month) which net the same value, okay...but 200/ hour? this is just stupid^^

#455 Rising_Chaos, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  16. VYPER

Yesterday I noticed that I forgot to change my time cuz of Daylight time savings and since that moment, I can't get into the game.
    Contacted support, did all their "steps" to no avail. I'm using steam and I tried to: change time back, sync it with other variants, replace the bin and bin64 files, completely uninstall and get the game back 4 times, reboot the pc countless times... nothing is working.
    So here I am, losing colossal amounts of time and in-game money, waiting for them to fix their goddamn untested changes.
    Thank you, Kakao.

17. Diamond143

It took me all day yesterday to figure out my problem, in Internet time instead of time.windows.com try time.nist.gov see if that works for you too

18. VYPER

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I have also tried all of those options, including time.nist.gov. It's not working for me, unfortunately.

Kunon likes this.
  19. Kunon

I am having the same issue as @VYPER . Last night around 8 est my game crashed and couldn't get back in with the message of "Unable to the start the game due to client authentification failure. Please contact Customer Service for further assistance." Did the clock thing with no success.

VYPER likes this.
  20. VYPER

I'm still trying everything I can to fix it. I'll make sure to call if I'll be able to repair the issue.