1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. zubas

what the **** is happening, I did everything as it should be, I commemorated ****ing files, I adjusted the ****ing clock and so 4 days I can not enter the game and in the event ****ed me a double drop. Will anyone finally make this order ??? !!!!

VYPER likes this.
  2. VYPER

We'll just have to wait, man. I hope that we will get compensated for all of this lost time & in-game money.

3. zubas

they'll throw you some 2 crone stones or pet, and you have lost millions on a double drop, I have such a grace in my ass

4. VYPER

I'm not that interested in double drops. I'm pissed off mostly because I'm building the Frigate and today I planned to snipe the remaining jade ingots and start getting logs. I'm also missing the 100 million from that quest, since one day without it means losing all of it. I'm going to ask them to compensate for my lost ~150 mil gold ingots.

5. Hoebbit

Hoebbit Valkyrie 62 EU

By the looks of it, the first real threat to BDO will be Ashes of creation. And I'm not saying this lightly (especially since the Bless debacle), the footage from the game that is updated weekly and the communication by the devs is what's making me firmly believe that (those devs act like they've set their sight on being the new Wow, sad thing is they just might achieve that because the western player base is so hungry for something new and non-p2w or grindy).

But see, the same thing happened with Tera. BnS and BDO were released, they started losing players, so they changed publisher, started giving out freebies, revamped the combat, made a new class that wasn't fotm or op... So what we'll see with BDO is intense milking until 2020 (that's when AoC will be released), and then they will finally move their asses and do something about the state of the game (because they will be actually forced to do it).

So hold on to your wallets.

Edit: also, watching reviews about console release of BDO was quite painful for me to watch because of all the negative criticism, it's when it really hits you that this was also a money grab no better than Bless online.

Kadmilos likes this.
  6. BlackSparkle

BlackSparkle Witch

Give me one reason why 200 pearls each hour would be stupid? It would be the same as a subscription, 15-20 euro each month give you free pearls every hour. You know the whole game is build arround the pearl shop? People can buy artisan, get t4 pets and the game would be fair. You can try all classes out without much pain.

And i'm not talking for me, I got a good paid job. Got 5 x t4 polar bear and every p2w thing. But I dont like it at all this way. This was also the last game I played with rng and so much cash items needed to play the game.

Full pen gear in 6 months would be normal. We are talking about 6 ****ing months. After that you can go for accessories which can take 1-2.5 years to complete to pen or something.

7. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

Because PA & Kakao are companies...the way you suggest it they will lose a lot of money which they most likely won't go for.
    E.g. you can pay 100€ for 11500 pearls atm...with your 200 pearls / hour idea you would get that amount in less than 3 days...and hey, 27-28 days remaining of the month
    > so after 1 month you can buy pretty much everything and no more reason tp spent single cent on the game which won't keep it running
    or they just "balance" the amount of pearls needed to buy item xyz by adding 1-2 zeroes to the pricetag > which will give you nothing to benefit from in the end.

oh...and i don't think the idea of a sub is bad, just they way you announce it with those pearls per hour nonsense.
    if it would be e.g. (while sticking to your 15-20 €/$ sub)
    - containing the value pack for the amount of months you bought sub,
    - pearls in the amount of money you spent (maybe with a little higher rate when you buy several months ahead)
    - maybe some little extra items, universal coupons or whatever per month

than it would be okay without causing somewhat like an inflation regarding pearls.

"You know the whole game is build arround the pearl shop?"
    Sure it is build around it, but you still aren't in any way forced to spent a single cent except the purchase of the game itself (and not even that regarding the event a while ago).

I notice that every time i login to my twink account. it has only 1 played char, a striker on lvl 56 (when class was released).
    that char has TRI blue grade weapons, TRI ogre ring, TRI tungrade earing, PRI crescent (as my last TRI crescent vanished in the last YOLO upgrade), duo basi belt etc. > all YOLO first time upgrades without spending a single cent on the cash shop and just from login rewards of somewhat around a year.

On my main account i spent quite a few bucks for all kinds of QoL stuff like storage or inventory expansion. weigth limit etc.
    Am i in any way way better geared because of this? nope, not really.
    do i care about it? nope.

I may have more silver, bossgear and such overall, yeah but mostly due to money from afk activites (which gets mostly spent on NV) and grinding what the other one is not doing at all (that one only logs in, maybe idles online for event stuff and that's it). i'm not concetrating on one main class but try to equally equip all of them so that i can change class easily if i get bored from one of them.
    do i have any direkt cash shop related advantage over the freebie account? nope.

"People can buy artisan, get t4 pets and the game would be fair. You can try all classes out without much pain"
    btw...you can buy artisan, char slots and other stuff via loyalty shop, which is basically free cash shop stuff, just in less quantity so that you are actually noticing the difference it makes to speed up stuff like that with $$$ > but people don't have the patience to get it over time because it's easier to cry around "want it NOW"

the main problem i actually see is that a lot of players, no matter the game, always cry around for "wanna be the best", want everything for free and most importantly want it NOW, because they don't have any patience.

"Full pen gear in 6 months would be normal. We are talking about 6 ****ing months. After that you can go for accessories which can take 1-2.5 years to complete to pen or something"
    funfact, if you know what you do (by reading forums, watch videos etc. beforehand) you can prolly get TET or PEN gear in 6 months via MP..you may have to nolife with grinding and such, but it should be possible > but you also know that when you got it, you have actually done something for it.
    there is always such a big difference in games between the "filthy casual" that plays 1-2 hours a day or week and the "hardcore nolifer" that spents half of his life in a game.
    but you make it sound like "hey, PEN gear for everyone without much to do for it" > because why not and that is nonsense. why would a casual even need PEN gear? TRI is completly okay and affordable in such an amount of time.

8. BlackSparkle

BlackSparkle Witch

You definitely have a some valid points. Maybe a sub (15-20 euro) a month is not good in the short run, but it is 100% better in the long run. 200 pearls each hour can be to much. I understand that a company needs to make money, and blizzard is doing a pretty good job with their WoW. So the 15-20 euro bonus has to be really good. (something that you cant use pets with without the sub)

I know how painfull it is to get full tet, because I was for a long time. But you are not going to do it in 6 months, unless you know the game from the start. If you going to enchant your gear yourself without artisan, it is more like 1 - 1.5 year with 2-3 hours playing active a day and a strong worker empire. I quitted the game after having a 530+ gearscore. I spent billions (4-6) of silver for tri basi belt, tri tung, tri ogre, but just kept failing. Pen failed reaching 200+ failstacks. A guildmate got a pen dande at 112fs, he made tri tungrad with like 8 earrings, he made serveral tri crescents and even sold them and got tet pretty easy to. I had 330cp+ worker empire, he only fished. I played longer, and guess what, his gear was 4 times more worth in silver, because he had more lucky in rng. At that point I realized this game is unfair and pointless and moved on to the private server.

Had I known the private server was so much more fun, than I would never had touched retail. They have boss timer in game. You can play every class you want with ease. You just 100% play for fun. Party grinding with friends = good. No karma ******** there, war gives money, red battlefield sharp/hard rewards and so much more. Progress every day, and much more equality. I met a few old guild members again there who quitted retail long time ago and we are started a new guild and have a blast. (my whole guild with 40+ active members died, because of one very lucky guy. What jealousy can do). Endgame is fun, sieges are fun. But in retail it is almost impossible. The people at the top guilds are so crazy strong, because they play way longer than you. Have fun getting oneshotted even with full tet gear. Trying to catch up is possible, but not worth it. These are mostly personal feelings. If retail could made these feeling possible again, I might even swap back.

#468 BlackSparkle, Nov 12, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2018
  9. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

Well regarding upgrading to full TET+ >
    I for myself expect when upgrading always a fail. So when it fails, so it is and go on but i don't rage about it.
    if it succeeds than it's just 1 item less to think about for the time being. Most of my twink chars (even the bosshunters) aren'T even full TRI gear because it wasn't necessary so far. I have 1 char on my main acc that has a TET dande that i made with 75 fs (which i collected while trying to enhance a nouver dagger to TRI, a lot of "wasted" fs, i know, but i don't care much about it).
    Because of the RNG i also don't compare much against the equip of others, it's a lot easier on the mind if you just don't worry about such stuff.

btw...regarding the top guilds you describe that are crazy strong...i'm not wondering about it when more guilds have funds like this (it is a screenshot someone sent around in july and i just cut of the guild name as it isn't necessary for what i wanted to show). and payouts should have been tremendous until the latest patch that toned it down a bit. doesn't matter to me if the money came from SmH or siege / node wars

upload_2018-11-12_20-27-39.png

10. White

Still receive the Client Authentication Error. Have tried everything on this thread.. Weird thing is I was able to log in an hour earlier and got dcd somehow and when I tried to log back in received the error.

VYPER likes this.
  11. thdsm

You do realise that this screenshot is photoshopped, right? It shows a 118 trillion guild fund kek.

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  12. nitzukie

please help how to fix
    error Client Authentication Failure...

VYPER likes this.
  13. KeiirValk

#473 KeiirValk, Nov 14, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  14. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

@GM Rhotaaz Maybe you should pursue some kind of legal action against this guy. Biggest freeloader to ever play Black Desert Online.

Asterotis likes this.
  15. Graugus

Blizzard only shut them down by bringing back vanilla servers. People outside the US didn’t give a damn about them US lawyers.

16. zubas

The new patch did not give anything, still after launching the launcher I click on the play and the game does not start even without popping up the string which is the error.

17. Rayin

Day 306: It's been more than a week and i'm swapping BlackDesert32.dat & BlackDesert64.dat periodically in their respective folders. I've followed any advice including in this thread, even the log-in itself now it's RNG.
    They managed to turn the game in a Casinò simulator deep down its roots, now every day might be the doomsday. It can be the day where i have to replace those files over and over again and restart my Computer.

Sometimes i wake up screaming at night, soaked in sweat, imagining myself dating a really hot girl and finding out that when i'm going to kiss her, the Client Authentication Failure window might pop up.
    It's terrible...

...but yesterday i finally succeeded! i logged i... nope, just joking. Client Authentication Failure.
    And its grammar is so freaking bad too.

Yay pop up.png

Edit: Do people in PA realize that those are exactly the things that makes their customers pissed off and unwilling to play this game? everytime there's a problem, i tried everything to solve it and in a week i had to apply that solution 5 times, today i just get Client Authentication Failure and that's it, i restarted my PC 6 times, checked the files x2 and now i'm giving up.

I'm sure even private servers are bad when it comes to those things, no place is perfect, but be aware that people are more than happy to endure a management that is "ok" and play a game that does everything to be good, rather than play a game that is "ok" as management and has a poor way to handle it, changing things as you're pleased, breaking things that were working, applying slow fix, lazy low-cost solutions and so on.

@CM Yukimura @CM Praballo @CM Kabz @CM Aethon @CM Richter @CM Servantes @CM Serenity @Marjanah

#477 Rayin, Nov 15, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    zubas likes this.
  18. Jonnyyy

cause daum /kakao/pearl abyss or whathever it is lose playerbase cause they are greedy asfk

19. Fearless V

Fearless V Lahn 60 NA

This right here! Maybe the investors will go and back up the Private servers?

BDO currently has one the worst reputation a MMO can have in NA/EU. So I'll say that ship already sailed.

I can see your point. But still I'd have to say, put on PA and Kakao's shoes for a bit. Also it's is their game to destroy via any medeths they see fit. Be P2W, P4C, or just saying bye.

And in terms of right or wrong. The private servers are in the case 100% and immoral. The excuse of being wrong does not make wronging someone in return right. It's still completely wrong no matter how you look at it.

But still Kakao and PA did help facilitate the rise of Private servers in a big way. Maybe they'll learn from this stepping stone.

Yup I 100% agree with you as I would believe any logic person would. BDO belongs to PA which allows others to publish in other regions, at their expressed permission. Doing this without PA's permission is really stealing and playing on these servers are actually supporting theives. And that too is just wrong. No matter how much PA and Kakao have wronged you or me.

Then you would be a accessory to the crime in this case. Which in most cases at least over here in the states, is also punishable by the laws. So in the eyes of the law. Yes you are a criminal.

Yes this is a fair point right here. Which could push even more players to these Illegal severs.

20. Luxea

Luxea Ranger 63

Coming from someone who has almost filled her pearl inventory to the brim -

YES, I CAN
    pay you for all the stuff that you charge that's practically necessary, such as pets, inventory, etc.

NO, OTHERS CANNOT (and I understand why they cannot) do the same. One way to at least not feed the private servers is to maybe consider offering pets and other cash shop essentials(items, without which, make the game practically unbearable) for loyalty. Maybe increase loyalty to 500/day. This way, new players coming to this game won't leave over not being able to fully play (pets, inventory, weight). In time, even if they cannot afford to now, they might in the future make big purchases to support a game they love. Established players won't leave to private server over not being able to afford artisan's memory.

While we are at it, maybe lessen that bottle neck called memory fragments? Maybe make it so more ingame content gives it than rng event boxes and scrolls? Maybe it can be gathered at increasing rate with gathering level by gatherers? Or dropped in some grinding locations?

#480 Luxea, Nov 24, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
    Wuss and Chaos Ronin like this.