1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Jiinxe

It's the RNG that's the killer. Whether you are an old or new player, RNG is RNG. We need an RNG system that is based more on the Account's achievements, rather than just being luck. In this way, players that have played the game for a longer period and that have rounded out their characters have a better chance of crafting their items. If a system similar to that is implemented, people will be encouraged to play because they know that rng will be kinder to them the higher and the more balanced their account is. Nothing is worse than watching your hard work get wasted because of RNG time and time again. It has made many people quit.

2. highvolts

that won't work. you just keep reporting illegal, after 365 days or more still not shutdown XD. don't mind them, they don't do anything to you in retail. ruining someone's stuff might not be a good idea

3. adambomb1200

Bring back Mount music pretty please

4. Kaxlene

shame really, i always come back for the combat system.... but then i leave again cause of everything else

Fearless V likes this.
  5. kakodaimonos

Pretty much how I feel... the game ruined all others for me in terms of combat. Almost every other games combat is boring af now.
    Still this game is one of the worst that's on the market right now. For me at least. And as I've already said... without it's graphics and combat system the game would've been dead by now for sure.

Smir and Casper like this.
  6. Rayin

Senza titolo978897987.png
    With each patch i'm forced to:

1) Patch the client;
    2) Overwrite the files BlackDesert32.dat and BlackDesert64.dat;
    3) Check if in the meantime you released small patches, as some fùcks up the client and i should overwrite again BlackDesert files again;
    4) Restart the computer;
    5) Check if there's any patch going on;
    6) If yes i must overwrite once again files because it'll certainly give me Client Authentication failure once again;
    7) Restart the computer;
    8) Pray that no other small patch has been released in the meantime;
    9) Pray RNJesus that the client won't give me once again the Client Authentication Failure;

I mean, you managed to introduce a "downgrade" mechanic even on the client per se that is in line with the in-game philosophy, to be honest i'm amazed, now the client itself became part of content of BDO, as fun as the rest.

Edit: It's honestly starting to bother me for good, i get the anger of Steam players, because everything is done passively by your side.
    You just wait to see if players can endure the issues that you cause in order to achieve what you want, wait to see if they can find a fix for the issues that YOU cause or else just wait if inbetween some cash shop updates you can find some time to find an hotfix for those issues.

And do you know how i know that? because else you'd revert this new "workaround" that you found in order to "ban" players that play both the retail and a private server, causing issues to those who play just the retail version.
    If more than half of your playerbase doesn't have any issue then everything can proceed and you can work on something else leaving your customers in such uncomfortable situations, else weirdly enough you're able to find a solution in less than a month, which obviously you don't want to do for now.

@CM Yukimura @CM Richter @CM Kabz @CM Praballo @CM Servantes @CM Aethon

#486 Rayin, Dec 12, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2018
  7. kakodaimonos

But it's important that people from private servers can't play on the official ones... because... that doesn't change anything!
    Those players will probably just delete the official client for good and stay on the P-Server. That's exactly what they want! Less people in this game!
    And they even trouble their normal playerbase with this. SO EVEN LESS PLAYERS! YEHAAW!

It's so funny to see how they try to solve a problem with a ridiculous and completely stupid solution.

Next step against hackers is to not allow any 3rd party program installed on your PC. So it's just you, Windows and BDO. Steam Players will just get perma banned because there will be no workaround for that issue.

8. Rayin

Fun fact is that i forced the client to re-patch like 6 times and reinstalled it once on a clean partition, so definitely this issue is not on my end.
    Must be my provider (?)

9. kakodaimonos

I could imagine the Launcher scans all the Files on your drives. I doubt a clean partition would help in that matter.
    Who knows what it detects as a P-Server. Got WoW or any other Mmo installed maybe? They hate competition!

10. Rayin

Never tried a Private Server, because the day i will i'll sell my account and certainly i won't come back, also it wouldn't give you the "Client Authentication Failure", i think it'd give you another error, this is a common issue that many had, but for some it's fixed, for others like me it's not.

Edit: https://blackdesert.zendesk.com/hc/...-Authentication-System-Authentication-Failure

They update the keys, now it should work.
    If i'm gonna have this issue again at the next patch i'm just going to uninstall.

#490 Rayin, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
  11. Columba

I just built a new windows 10 rig and the game worked fine for 2 days. today I got d/c'd and now I am getting this error. I have:
    1. Followed all the instructions in support - authentication keys, time sync, etc.
    2. Reinstalled the game

Still not working. Trying a restore an earlier date.

12. Oppao21

I just started 2 days ago and I'm having client authentication issue. I've already invested fricken $85 in this game and it's only my 2nd day. Why do i have to fix something that was the developer's mistake? Why give your customers the trouble? Why do we have to get our hands dirty on a "paid" game? I already tried changing my time and it doesn't work.

13. Oppao21

It would be helpful if somebody fricken did a video on how to fix this crap??

14. Pathique

Pathique Warrior 62 NA

Have anyone develop a solution for this, holy crap, I have mess with this problem for like 10 hours and it is still not running

15. Beeso

I got this yesterday, the suggested solutions didn't work for me. In re-installed the game and repaired game files in launcher then it worked.

16. jpimp15

What do I do

Attached Files:

17. Megta

Megta Archer EU

What the error message in the screenshot tells you.

Rising_Chaos likes this.
  18. Edhepe

with the same problem.

19. RunningTypo

All these people complaining in the comments... Like PA/Kakoa reads it anyway LOL!! If they did read it they would know what we really want in the game rather than what they "think" we want. Wouldn't even waste your time.