1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Ravers

Ravers DarkKnight 62

Is this going to fix all the errors making people unable to play the official? No? Ok cool

2. Knisheffy

Unlike official bdo developers the ones on private servers are actually competent they probably found a work around few minutes after this announcement. But yeah good luck.

Tensa_Zangetsu and Dragazer like this.
  3. Trembles

Knowing PA they're gonna implement an anticheat software with spyware just to sell your information so they can make money from those that aren't whales. Or straight up install malware/bitminer like some games on steam do.

This clock thing is just the tip of the iceberg.

Dragazer likes this.
  4. Nepheisa

WoW and BDO private servers are two completly different beasts, that only line up when it comes to getting stuff for free mostly, where you have to pay for on retail. The appeal for WoW private servers often lies in experiencing different xpacs. People enjoy Classic, BC, WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD and Legion on separate servers - something the retail client only offered in a limited time frame. However, it took quite some time for Blizzard to realize how much ppl wanted Classic Servers - which got annouced shortly (as in, it kinda sticks out) after Nostralius (biggest private server that has been seen up to date) got shut down.

BDO on the other hand got two popular ones, one, that is close behind NA/EU content and the other one that sticks to the KR content (or has, not sure if they still are after their reboot). Due to the expensive nature of the pearl shop, the appeal to not play on official is way higher and on top you are not much (if any) behind retail. PA/Kakao have a bigger interest for this to cease to exist, as it is a much more direct competitor imo than older versions of WoW for Blizzard. However, I agree that there will always be people playing on private servers, it is just the amount of people that has got their attention.

Monarck and Lillekolibri like this.
  5. Silverfauve

Silverfauve MacGonagall Witch 61 EU

You won't find internet time if you don't click on related settings in Windows 10.

[​IMG]

6. HoloRE

HoloRE Hate Kunoichi 62 EU

There are around 8-10k at peak hours, so very close to steam.

7. IneptStatue

What? Legal action against private servers isn't going to bring players back..? Who's making these decisions?

Dragazer likes this.
  8. samikf

This is correct. Unfortunately the instructions given do not take us there.

9. Silverfauve

Silverfauve MacGonagall Witch 61 EU

Indeed. That is why I wrote a new instruction on our guild site because the message posted here is so hard to understand.

Tomorrow BDO adds a new client authentication system to prevent the use of BDO on private servers. After the patch you might experience problems if you don’t have the right settings for time and date on your computer.
    Here is how you need to set it:
    • Go to your control panel in Windows
    • Go to time and date settings and choose set time and date
    • Go to the tab Internet time
    • Set it to sync with an internet time server

[​IMG]

10. Lludd

@GM Rhotaaz

Windows 10
    Right click on time/date
    Click related settings - Add clocks to different time zone
    Pop up box with Internet time tab

ClearArrow likes this.
  11. samikf

This post needs a lot more attention. +1

12. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I'm actually kind of shocked at how many people are being negative towards trying to kill the private servers off... It's straight up copyright infringement and theft! I would be extra pissed if i was to create something and someone else was to steal that and use it as their own to profit from. When it comes to things like this being discussed on these forums, you really do see how many children are here, How many very uneducated and selfish people exist within the BDO community. I for one, absolutely despise theft and profiting from someone else efforts in the manner that private server do.. I am in full support of closing every and any private server created from the theft of a business that created it.

This is the first time i am truly disgusted with this community in support of such servers and slightly shocked at how the so-called actual "players" of this game seem to wish for the demise of the very game they claim to love. If you do not like the way a game is managed (i admit it is not perfect and needs a lot of improvements) just leave! Why can people not just leave something alone that they do not enjoy, do not like the way it is managed or the way it has changed?

I personally hope they bring down every single private server created and sue each individual involved to the maximum extent the law allows.

p.s Do not call me a white knight just because i despise theft. I am far from it, but when i see something is wrong i will voice that opinion.

13. NatashaArisha

NatashaArisha ShinobuAraragi Witch 61 NA

I think their customer service is going to be busy on Wednesday.

Thelemna and Shayla like this.
  14. Lystra

Lystra IaIatina Wizard 62 EU

It's their property and people as literally stealing their copyrighted work and in some cases even making money out of it, it's pointless if they will return or not at this point. How would you feel if you spent years designing a car and someone just plain stolen everything and start selling it as their own?

15. Shayla

Shayla Lahn 62 NA

Dude we understand that as many of us have said. We just told them to think about why these servers are rampant and have almost similar populations, lol

16. IneptStatue

BDO going to be like Vindictus. Don't be like Vindictus, BDO. You wanna go down like Dawngate and MxM?

17. Kurejiin

Well what would Square Enix, Sony, Capcom, Nintendo, Bill Gates (Microsoft), Ubisoft, several international companies in food/delivery/it/etc. sectors and many many many more...say if they find their logos/names/commercials/ads/etc. here in the game used for several stuff like guild logos/ads ?
    Kakao Games is tolerating that since release. I hope that those companies will go after that too

XSkinnyx and Lillekolibri like this.
  18. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

well if you were selling own designed car w/o weels and half broken and scamming sh*t out of your customers, then got mad cuz ppl used your design to make same car working and more customer friendly...

idk maybe you should hire those guys to be your personal counselor how to run a company better

19. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

They would probably thank them for totally free advertising........

Monarck and Lillekolibri like this.
  20. Factorial

I don't condone private servers at all. However, companies like Pearl Abyss need to treat customers with respect and dignity. There a certain percentage of people in the world who are sheep. You can scam them all day long and they will just keep on moaning baa. Then there are people who are smarter and they will give you hell for infringing upon them.