1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Kurejiin

Oh not really...ask EA, Square Enix or Bandai Capcom XD Last one already sued players.

2. Jeanina

Jeanina Sharivar Lahn 61 EU

My pc is always synced to the internet time but i swear to god, if my game is having any issues after tomorrows patch im hitting the uninstall button once and for all....this is going to be such a mess i promise. implementing any new things like this always brought us problems like corrupt files, patching issues, game not starting anymore and what not. D:<
    Maybe you guys should start to hunt those botters, hackers and exploiters down, care about your comunity and get so many issues fixed then your players wouldnt run away playing somewhere else. =(

3. RoakOriginal

If it was shitty car everyone makes fun of and someone actually made it worth a damn, i'd be jealous a bit and tried to cooperate with him to not sulk my name even further.

You know what big companies do, if someone does their work, but better? They take over... But these guys are throwing tantrum instead.

Btw i am personally against private servers as a way to make money. Imo those are the only cases they have some right to complain about. But if they are not making any profit, its just a free time project. And if its better than the original, even more shame on PA.

Also as i said. They brought it to themselves. Other games have mods, 4fun modes, legacy content on private servers. BDO is the rare case of a game, that has rpivate servers because the original is bugged out imbalanced **** noone cares to fix. If they cared as much about game as they do about money (which most of the time is just shitty PR and doesnt result in any increase of profits), there would be no problem.

Tensa_Zangetsu likes this.
  4. KeiirValk

Just saying I agree with you and I think them whining about private servers is dumb and they should fix their **** honestly.

But, it's not about the money private servers may be making , it's about the attention and money that Kakao is losing by those people not being on the main game and spending pearls.

5. Shikikami

You're not a white knight but you are a bit clueless. The intention of private servers on start is always to enjoy a game due to developers being ****ing morons, like kakao/PA case. Nobody would give a **** about them fighting this IF THEY ACTUALLY CARED ABOUT THE GAME, and not just care about how to milk us up. They lost the community support ages ago, as bad as archeage. Also profit? How do you know they profit from it? Don't spout ******** without actual information. Their sub system may be just for keeping the servers running.

I would agree with you that the private server is theft... But with how the developers are and how the pserver actually works on making people enjoy the game... No.

Why leave? We love bdo, both you and me. But the frustration from how much they ruin the game, as someone who loves the game, is painful. So if a pserver that is good exist, Why not go for it?

tl;dr. You're not a white knight, but you probably haven't been frustrated as people who play from start. Nobody would complain if developers weren't just money-sucking failures.
    clarification - i didn't play on pserver ever, but I completely understand why would one go there.

6. Factorial

This is what I foresee. There is going to be a ton of people tomorrow who can't get to their account because of shoddy implementation. Every major patch in the past months has been riddled with bugs/issues/ineptitude. As usual, Pearl Abyss/Kakao won't test out their implementations first, which is the first thing taught about coding roll out. Instead, we will all be at the mercy of shoddy coding as lab rats.

More and more, I am convinced that superior minds created BDO then came in sleazy, stupid runts who were able to take the rights to BDO through entrepreneur assassination. Hence, the constant s***storm we deal with monthly, especially on any given Wednesday.

7. Feroth

any proof? and btw steam is a part of bdo population

Chaos Ronin likes this.
  8. Mr T

9. Mr T

Lower the ap of areas like Kama and the new area about to be released so all can enjoy it not only the elite players not everyone can play 24/7 some of us work and have a life other then BDO .

MoonDance17 likes this.
  10. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

I am a bit clueless? I have been playing mmo's since (assuming) before you had hair on your lip. kakao/PA are a business, just like the place you or your parents buy your everyday things. As for losing the community support? I think you misjudge how many people still enjoy this game even now.
    You think private servers don't make any money from their theft? They may sell the things the original devs do a lot cheaper, but that's because they are tiny in comparison and do not have a qualified team to pay wages to a dev team who are actually developing the game and not modifying already developed aspects of the game they are stealing from. To think they do not make money at a profit is pure ignorance on your behalf.

You think developing a game that caters to every individual taste is easy? Then you need to go into a career of game development and become a multi-millionaire instead of spouting off very misinformed nonsense on a forum of a few hundred regulars.

The real problem is that we don't have a unified community. BDO community is rather toxic and childish and any company worth its salt will always listen to a community that is united in its complaints. That is such a simple thing for us as the players of BDO to do to change things we all dislike, but it never happens because of too many variations on what is wrong and what is right about the way the game is managed.

If we really want change within BDO, we have to unite in the changes we really wish for. :)

MoonDance17, Kadmilos, M1KERO and 3 others like this.
  11. Shiftyuu

Probably one of the dumbest things you could of done to prevent something that will inevitably happen. Pretty clear that instead of trying to go after private servers you should be focusing on making your game fun instead of forcing people to quit and to a much funner version of the game. You did this PA.

Kadmilos, Tensa_Zangetsu and Jena like this.
  12. Stabby

I've been here since launch and never even knew private servers were a thing. Maybe everyone will be on equal footing now...

13. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

yea and we all know how those went... full ignore and still releasing stuff what said never will come into game and no matter if thousands of ppl protested about it in multiple regions...

14. Mataroto94

dead gamezbd XD TY KAKAO <3

Hezekiel likes this.
  15. AzureStarz

AzureStarz AzureStarz DarkKnight 63

So what happened to regular dev diary updates?

Kadmilos likes this.
  16. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Proof or i'll assume you are just making that up or going on the word or assumption of what others have said to you. Show me the actual petitions by thousands of players across multiple regions of demanding something and being ignored. Then i will fully agree with you and uninstall BDO as it would prove to be very immoral in its business management.

17. Ebolarama

18. Lillekolibri

Why not sue these private servers like other gaming companies? Isn't it basically stealing?

19. somethingsomething

Which time again? Not that it matters, this version of windows doesn't work. And I'll get a headache trying change it on windows 10, don't see the option.
    timezone.jpg

20. Lillekolibri

Dead on. Couldnt agree more.