1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

It is stealing and copyright infringement. The thing is though (i heard) it is in fact very hard to catch and sue these people due to a few reasons. The biggest one being where the private servers are being hosted. I may be wrong, but i assume (judging by all the counterfeit things in these countries) that the copyright laws are not very strict if they exist at all. China is one of the biggest. That being said, i have no idea where the private servers are being hosted, but i would assume none are in NA or EU and if they are i doubt they will be up long. Yet another reason to NOT play on them. They can simply close at any time and say a big F.U anytime they wish.

Kadmilos, XSkinnyx, Feroth and 5 others like this.
  2. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

Thx for letting us know . Closing the private servers is the right thjng to do . Good job guys <3

3. FrozenReaper

FrozenReaper Archer 62 EU

( one of NA protest, 2 have happend)
    ( KR protest)

idk why i have feeling EU had aswell, but i might be wrong about this

4. ANZO

Bcs they using own server software and client distributing via P2P between players. Literally, they don't violate copyright law.

5. DrrrZolty

this thread is feature of weakness private server exist only because here is something wrong with official relase, players like this game but they dont like how kakao lead it, its simple, ppl will keep joining private server because they see better features, even if u somehow close private server these players wont back here and u wont stop losing players, you can see that private servers are way more alive while official relase is afk version where everyone waitng for changes.
    Also thanks for this thread now more ppl will know about private server.

6. Lillekolibri

Yeah you are probably right. I just remember seeing tons of lawsuits from Blizzard regarding private servers. Will be interesting to see how this will work out.

XSkinnyx likes this.
  7. Lillekolibri

Oh! Thanks for clearing that up, didn't know.

8. Mr T

Good luck trying to shut down the private servers they have in Russia and if Kakao would of fixed this game they would of had no reason to leave in the first place lol .

Patrik2991 and Kadmilos like this.
  9. Chaos Ronin

The 1st vid was a protest about the performance of our servers right? Which they did change providers....the 2nd vid was a little more impressive.
    That being said, to protest in a game is very silly imho. A real protest would be to not buy pearls at all, maybe even have a unified "do not log in for x amount of days" kind of protest. Just them to things alone would actually open the eyes of any game devs to listen. Along with an actual petition with real fixes and upgrades the majority wish for.

If the community was really united in the things they desperately wanted changing. We would agree on them and all agree to actually boycott the game till demands were met.

M1KERO and XSkinnyx like this.
  10. Kotaro

hheehhehe this forum is funny!!
    bdo.png

11. Lillekolibri

Dead on, couldnt agree more.

XSkinnyx and Chaos Ronin like this.
  12. FrozenReaper

yea i think that NA vid was about server performance and indeed they changed provider but did it make difference? no, sieges same lag or even worse in the end... and there was also 2nd NA protest about p2w situation, but all it went to deaf ears...

idk you were talking about uniting ppl, is same as protesting no? sounds silly

13. charkus

14. Chaos Ronin

yes it is the same thing, but i mean doing it in different and more effective ways. I 100% believe that if we were to all not log in for a day or 2 to show our dislike to a certain aspect of the game. It would be changed as a priority. If a business loses money over a poor decision and loses profit over it, they change it.

15. Preston Vaie

company lies, bulls***ts, and milks playerbase and are gutted that private servers do it better? That's what you get for your awful greedy practices. Let this be a lesson, treat your customers like dog s**t and nickel and dime them every chance, and even the fannest of boys will eventually flip you the bird and walk the other way.

Kadmilos likes this.
  16. FrozenReaper

yea could work, but after few trys and not having success why would ppl want to bother especially during these times when mmo's are dying cuz of greedy owners... its just more the same like rest dead ones

17. Raevion

Raevion Musa

Out of curiosity, is that not what thousands of players are currently doing by choosing to play on the pServer and not retail? I'm not talking about the ethical aspect on playing on one or the other, but it's an obvious "boycott" of not liking the current status quo. PA has proven countless times that they neither care, nor listen to the player-base. Either through structured protests, group effort surverys, round-circles, etc. The data is collected by Kakao and immediately tossed in the trash-bin once it reaches PA.

18. Chaos Ronin

That's simply because the majority are not doing such things and they still have thousands of players logging in each day and spending money every day. They are obviously still making tons of profit, even now.

XSkinnyx likes this.
  19. Beeso

Poking the hornets nest I see.

20. Chaos Ronin

Personally, i'm fine with most of the things in BDO. The only thing i would absolutely participate in a protest of not logging in for x amount of days is the balance. If there was a community wide protest to do such a thing for that reason. I would 100% partake in that :)