1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Client Authentication System - Updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by GM Rhotaaz, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

Private servers will always exist, as long as the game is alive private servers will exist...look at WoW, Aion, you name it there is a privater server for it. Like some one else sad, you kill one two others are born.

Mana_Mafia, Kadmilos, Shayla and 2 others like this.
  2. TeRRoRibleOne

So when are you going to get outraged at Kakao/PA for essentially stealing your money by nerfing maehwa to the point of irrelevance?

Tensa_Zangetsu and IneptStatue like this.
  3. IneptStatue

Game is going to reach Vindictus level of disgrace. 100 active players. Is there future. Then 0. Game will get deleted like Dawngate and MxM.

Kadmilos and Mana_Mafia like this.
  4. Ihmbreil

Doubt a "message" from Kakao will do anything, you need more than a "message" to shutdown private servers. PA probably can give two shits about the private servers at this point, they make more money from their mobile client (no middleman publisher there), xBox1 goes to beta in two days (no middleman greedy publisher there either), and they just yanked the publisher in Russia. Seems to be a pattern here and looks to me Kakao is slowly losing its cash cow by their own doing. Once again, it was a spectacular piece of art that Kakao has slowly improved by painting penis' on it.

Kakao should have just installed the private server client themselves, gathered their information and served up cease and desist to the parties involved in running the private servers. But nope, lets flex the Kakao muscle in the only place we can, to the forums! THAT WILL FIX IT! No way will it further alienate our player base, nah they love giving us money for poor service.

Fearless V and Kadmilos like this.
  5. unrealaz1

Ahahahaha client authorization ahahaha, any dev can remove that **** :)))

Ihmbreil likes this.
  6. unrealaz1

Any dev can remove the protection. If they know how to make a whole server they know how to remove a protection or even generate a new exe for the game.
    Also Kakao can't do **** cause the servers are located in countries that don't give a **** about Kakao :))

Fearless V and Ihmbreil like this.
  7. Kadmilos

Aha - an apt description of Kakao's community communication strategy.

Ihmbreil likes this.
  8. Stillwaters

How about instead of activating these measures that will prob'ly frustrate your player base because it'll glitch or screw up stuff ,why don't you just hope on some of these private servers and see what they offer different and make some changes? I'd almost bet they are changes we the community have asked for in the past just sayin

Factorial, Helysae and Ihmbreil like this.
  9. DheReaper

DheReaper Ranger 62 EU

They cannot stop botters and hackers . All they can do is just wait for them to come and ban them .
    Our version is in a good shape till now . They added a lot of good content and updates :3
    Private servers are for players who don't wanna work for their gear and lvl .

Lillekolibri likes this.
  10. reconkangas

I am guessing this forum has a serious lack of comprehension skills..

Are you still playing the game? YES
    are you on a pvt server? NO

Where in my comment did I criticize those still in the BDO community playing the retail version?
    If your here and still playing you have the right to voice what ever you wish not to sure how you believe my comment is directed at you personally. Unless it is referring to you.

I am referring specifically to a few trolls that are in here that HAVE QUIT the game and are either playing Private servers or not at all then come here to complain about anything that triggers them.

Now maybe go back and actually read what I wrote instead of making blind comments.

11. Claydough

you know, this wouldnt be much of a problem if i didnt already have to manually adjust my clock to fix your game bugs

Ihmbreil likes this.
  12. LaurenUwU

@Souldealer and who are you on said private server?

13. Souldealer

Souldealer Warrior

Same as the forum name why do you ask ?

14. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

Well, what i suggested has never been done and absolutely would work if it was done. Like i've stated before though, my only real problem with BDO is the class balance and if there ever was a real boycott for x amount of days. I would join that :)

15. Chaos Ronin

Chaos Ronin RyunokoDynasty Mystic 61 NA

They never stole my money as i chose to spend it and mae nerf wasn't nice, but i got used to it and learned to have fun with it. I am the kind of person that, if i was no longer enjoying something that really didn't benefit my life in any way, i would stop doing it. :)

XSkinnyx likes this.
  16. Xanatose

HOW THE HELL IS THIS GUY NOT THE ONE GETTING OUR MONEY!

17. Kadmilos

Please don't get me wrong, GM's and CMs - we're not against you, we're trying to help.

You're ignoring the reason why private servers exist because that is in the too hard basket - but trust all of us when we say you're pushing our limits, fast. This game WILL die the moment something else better comes along - hell the BDO killer doesn't even have to be FINISHED for it to nail this game dead in the water; it just has to offer better communication and stick to their promises.

The GM's and CM's of this publisher have REFUSED to engage with the community in a meaningful way and it's getting pretty bloody obvious that they don't care to fix their reputation at this point.

Hold on lads, hopefully when PA takes over we'll get better service.

18. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

They do. Their customer are the investor, while we, merely, are the product.

19. Nofate4you

The reason why private servers exist is because you have an unbalance P2W game with korean developers who give No dime about the North/European community. Nice going GM's and developers.

is pointless talking to these guys kakao is publisher and pearl abyss in korea doesnt understand english and have full control of how unbalance this game is.

#179 Nofate4you, Nov 7, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2018
    Factorial and Kadmilos like this.
  20. highvolts

i'm not defending private servers but it is very impossible. the p servers exists because of developer/publisher fault

Fearless V and Kadmilos like this.