1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Under Investigation Client will be terminated due to lack of memory

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by PM Horizon, Apr 17, 2018.

1. warriors

Stop using the p.. of s... windows 10...
    Instal win 7 and all your problems will be solved..

#281 warriors, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. Alagare

O.o it Fking crashed again , CAN YOU FIX THIS FKING **** GAME

3. Atron

This happens only on windows 10.

Windows 7 doesn't have this problem (I am not trolling you)

4. Catastigma

no issue since i deleted the cache with in game option 2018-05-08_127370395.JPG
    6600k/R 390
    Windows 10 home, 16299

5. Niroh

Any update on an actual fix for this? This has happened six times now, and like a lot of people have mentioned Heidel is where it happened the most.

6. Snackmac

Just crashed again. This is not a Win 10 specific problem, I'm on Win8. However I'm not getting the "Out of memory" issue, my game just eats up a ton of RAM, and closes with no message.

7. Deshacore

I have the same problem. Deleted the Cache but that only helps for a few hours...

8. Icedream

Yes I agree the low memory issue is client based but dos'nt explain the wave of lag issues that are causing stutter of movement and skills locking up or firing too late even in low populated areas.NA servers lag some days its better than others but overall it seems to have gotten worse.
    However without out tools to measure how bad it is its all subjective.I have high ping 155ms and lucky to play with 22 FPS. So I notice lag more than most but some aspects of this game affects all users like market program lag, and high lag around auction NPC's, and popular fishing areas.You would think these would be the first areas to be re developed to reduce overall game lag and improve the quality of the game for all.
    Instead we get fairy;s and and more market place congestion listing items that don,t sell go figure.Maybe as suggested the lag is all client related and needs to be fixed.

9. Alagare

O.o crash again

10. tny

tny

I have the same problem, and now I can't log into the game anymore. What do i do to get back into the game? can somebody helps me here

11. Alagare

crash again

12. SirJohnny

was playing for 2 weeks without this out of memory issue. now its back again. For the love of good can you finally fix it.
    Deleting Character_Custom.bcf didn't help. Deleting all cache folder works

#292 SirJohnny, May 8, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  13. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

Strange I was having this issue last November and thought it was my "new" PC.
    Just started having the issue again yesterday. Now game crashes. Very choppy in game. Haven't been able to play for a few days from the lag. I'm in Grana and not heidel. Ran through heidel few days ago and would freeze for a few seconds. Took awhile to get out. Haven't had that issue since I got my PC.
    Asus Maximus Formula IX motherboard, I7 7700k processor, 16g ram, and the evga gtx 1080

14. FckinEnchant

@GM Horizon

I been having this issue a lot recently (since NA service provider change) I'm on the EU server. At least 2-3 times per day the game will crash with no error messages or notifications. My PC specs are:

Asus STRIX 370z-f motherboard
    Core i7 8700K
    16Gb DDR4
    GTX 1080 ti

The game crashed overnight while AFK processing, i managed to track an event in the windows event viewer. Looking at the amount I had processed before the client crashed I was able to determine roughly what time the crash occurred and as I said found an event in the logs.

Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
    Exception code: 0x00000000
    Fault offset: 0x00000000
    Faulting process ID: 0xa68
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d3e756f8b062a4
    Faulting application path: bad_module_info
    Faulting module path: unknown
    Report ID: 868ae1c7-f790-47a9-9fa7-d59ac38f744d
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Also to note this is still happening on a clean install of the game!

15. Amarenda

Amarenda Talshani Witch 62 NA
    Ambassador

16. Deltran

Update 05.09.18: After all this time, I am still crashing to desktop after selecting a character. I use Steam and deleting the Cache folder still does NOT work for me. Until today I haven't tried to log into this game since late April because crashing into a reboot became frustrating and the suggested fixes weren't working. The patch that just downloaded did NOT resolve my issues. Are there fixes other than Cache folder deletions that actually work?
    Haven't checked the game in a couple of days. Just tried to open the game and am now crashing into a reboot long before the server selection point. Even without activity, my situation seems to be worsening. lol
    Has anyone received help or a solution?
    Newest (patch) update did not resolve this issue for me. Deleting cache does nothing either. I'm still crashing into a reboot just after character selection. This has been building for around 3 weeks for me.
    RAM: 16.0 GB
    HDD/SSD: SSD

In-game location: After patch, end of March-beginning of April I began noticing crashing during my AFK night fishing in Velia. With each subsequent patch my issues are much worse. I have only been able to play for very short periods of time, twice in the past two weeks. I generally crash just after selecting a server, but on occasions can make it to the character selection screen and upon selecting a character I crash into a reboot. This happens with both Steam and BDO. This does not happen with any of my other games.

Hopefully you will find and release a solution quickly.

#123Deltran, Apr 22, 2018

17. Snackmac

Running 397.64 (The one including the hotfix with the problem you were mentioning). Game is still crashing, this was not the only problem. I was actually on 6month+ old drivers until I updated to those, saw the same crashing issues, and now am on the most recent with hotfix, and still crashes.

Already fully reinstalled BDO, and the other games I have on my PC work perfectly fine. Problems point to the game being at fault.