1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

(Closed) PSS - Part 1.2 - Client, Player Specs, Network, and Service

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Andaro, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Andaro

Ambassador

Greetings Adventures!

Continuing our endeavors of targeted player feedback in an effort to generate more accurate results and increase the overall communication unilaterally, we are pleased to present the next edition of the BDO Player Satisfaction Surveys.

This survey will focus on the players hardware specs, client settings and configurations, gameplay issues related to the client, network stability and setups, and a section regarding Weekly Maintenance.

This survey has a lot of options and may take you a moment to complete. One of the thoughts I had with this survey is that "well some of this info is typically collected in bug reports or logs"....and while that is certainly true, and has its own uses, its mainly from a technical standpoint, versus how it will be used here, to show a player feeling and related choices and player preferences.

Anyhoo, without further ado, we invite you to participate in the

BDO Player Satisfaction - Part 1.2 - Client, Player Specs, Network, and Service

Note: on the section pertaining to "which specs you use" you can alternatively select which specs are your favorite

Oh, and come hang out with us in the MegaHub Discord ^_^
    And you can find previous surveys, and the Feedback Library, in the MegaHub

#1 Andaro, Sep 17, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
    Ruffe and Parc like this.
  2. Shimoyaki

Shimoyaki Tamer 62 NA

done but yall forgot some very important options

upload_2018-9-18_8-49-43.png

3. Eynix

Sorry I started fine but I got bored page 3 :'(

Magnetsesame, Hennyman and Ruffe like this.
  4. chendu

you should have given more option to when we play, I have a very very time variable work, and I usually play all day when i don't work, and it can be whenever in the week

Edit : You should also have shown how to gain access to the answers the technical question I had to search aside to answer some of them and this WILL annoy many and make them abandon the survey

5. Gardov

Love this, can't wait for the cash shop edition.

Ruffe likes this.
  6. Muesticblade

Muesticblade Kunoichi 62 EU

For the effects thing, default value is at 100 and unchecked means default value or zero. So i keep it unchecked but it doesnt tell you anything...

7. Andaro

Ambassador

Thank you for the notes on that. Indeed this is a more technical survey, and we wont have this issue going into future surveys where we'll get more into the games content and what not. My apologies if this causes any slight inconveniences for our respondents, but I do sincerely appreciate your time for taking it <3

8. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

i got to page 2 then i realised i don't have time for this

9. Parc

People please vote for patch notes BEFORE maintenance... Gives us something to do and discuss while waiting.

Ruffe likes this.
  10. TeRRoRibleOne

I've ran this game with SLI'd Founder Edition 1080's and a MSI 1080 ti, I've had different experiences with both. This game runs SO much worse with the SLI'd 1080's it's not funny. I used a single 1080 for a week and noticed a huge difference which prompted me to buy the 1080 ti which also had another gain FPS wise. The game is still poorly optimized.

This "remastered" version can run better than very high on my PC. The one HUGE issue I have with it is that it ****s with my light sensitivity A LOT. I can't grind on my maehwa at all with it on, I get a headache within a hour from all the blue light from the maehwa attacks. I tried the color blind mode but guess what, it doesn't change the color of the attacks AT ALL. Maybe we should be working on that since we've asked you for 2 years to fix that issue just like not wanting to see party members effects for the same reasons.

11. Joungf

Another nice survey.

Ruffe and eitheldin like this.
  12. Silowyi

Silowyi Wizard NA

All the people crying "I dont have time for this, waaaa", are the same that cry no one hears what they have to say about the game. Survey takes less than 10 minutes and they are also crying about that.

#12 Silowyi, Sep 18, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2018
    Galatia and Smileybones like this.
  13. bloodpuddle

bloodpuddle Lahn 62

the forums, the suggestions section, all the different sections on the forums, all the threads people have made with good intention of improving the game, all the cry spam on patch notes, all the BDO tickets, are these not enough? what even is this survey? has it been presented by kakao themselves urging us to complete it so that they can work on fixing the current 'problems'? who even are you? who am i? why am i here? should i end myself? would anyone care? i don't know anymore

14. Ruffe

Ruffe Ninja 64 EU

ohhhwwweeeee ima do this when game is on maint!

15. GamePois0n

GamePois0n PootyPoot Ranger 61 NA

im very bored during maintenance

Ruffe likes this.
  16. C4rdinal

U must gotta have alot of free time brother , jesus christ man. Even if i was getting paid i would say no, but we gotta appreciate yhis kinda stuff , so i thank you

17. Micariel

Micariel Sorceress 61 EU

I bet you either did not clean install (using DDU) to reinstall the drivers after changing from your old to the 1080 or 1080ti. And i further bet you did not delete game cache/temp files either.
    Giving you a little example why.
    For me, i had a 1080 and the game ran perfectly fine. Due to me being an pc enthusiast i did buy me a 1080ti ftw edition from EVGA and after i installed it and ran bdo, the game suffered microstutters in certain grind areas, much lower fps than expected sometimes even lower fps in areas where the 1080 had higher fps.
    After clean installing the driver using Display driver uninstaller (DDU) the game ran a little better but still had issues until i deleted the whole cache and temp files of the game. Which reset all, worker tasks, skill bar, options etc. however after that the game ran smoothly. No more stuttering and a jump in fps on Very High setting (back then there was no remaster settings) from 50 fps on Sausans up to 130fps in the same area.

Sure i would not deny that the game has certain issues, but i tend to say that 80% of the issues that people have with bdo, technical wise are related to bad knowledge about their Hardware/Drivers and Software in general (and likely because of windows 10 updates fking things up)
    Another example:
    Had a guild mate complaining about being disconnected every night when trying to afk train their horse or process stuff. Well we live in germany and here we get something called 24h ISP forced disconnect, so the ISP resets your IP. So i asked him what connection he had and when his ISP reset is. He did not even know about that so i teached him where to look at for it and how to push that reset into a time where he is still active. Since then, no more complains.

18. Eynix

No it does not take 10min. Actually I can't complete it without the game right next to me. Not that it's anyone fault, I'm just stating facts here.

edit to the mod: My anwser was correct, respectful and was complying with the rules of the forum. I can't see any good reason for you to edit such a post.

#18 Eynix, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  19. TeRRoRibleOne

I did a completely new build with the 1080ti except the CPU. Even new m.2 ssd's.

20. Andaro

Ambassador

@Dryed upon closer inspection (to what I was doing incorrectly), I have been able to adjust the colors of the pie graphs shown in the published html versions of the survey responses. Graphs in which there are corresponding responses (ie. Agree, Disagree, etc) will now use the same color appropriately. Thank you for the feedback =) ~Cheers

Also at this time, we have 389 responses currently for this survey round. Due to the importance of insuring the responses are readily available to the staff for quick review, completion on this weeks survey's graphical charts has been completed. This will allow the Staff to have greater time to review them as the week continues.

You can find the published html version of this weeks survey's graphical responses here

There is however another slight bug regarding the chart that gauges players preferred optional settings. While the chart on the public display does not show correctly, the charts on the non-public display (internal spreadsheet) do display correctly. Thusly, the Staff can get a better view of those charts by using the "Graphs" page of the internal spreadsheet.

Also, as the week continues, the GPU, CPU, Clock Speeds, graphs will continue to be cleaned up for a more clean appearance.

We want to thank all of the current 389 participants for their time, as your input will surely lead to better understanding of your desires, as we hope these endeavors intend to show. We still have until Monday to get those responses in so spread the word!

#20 Andaro, Sep 19, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2018