1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cloud Ride/Cloud stomping suggestion

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by jane7652, May 10, 2018.

1. jane7652

jane7652 Tamer 61 NA

Context:

Currently cloud stomping and cloud ride are both SA with midair cancels in stomping being unprotected. While this change has little impact in 1v1 apart from allowing outplay through grabs the effect of taking full damage in our disengage combined with tamer's squishyness and lack of sustain and lack of mobility means that more often than not we are subject to dying in this skill currently.

Suggested change:

Revert cloud stomp and cloud ride back to the way it was before the may 9th 2018 NA/EU update but during cloud stomp swap the iframe and SA stage so that the SA is applied at the start of the skill and iframe at the end and make the SA stage mitigate most incoming damage and remove all cc from both cloud stomping and cloud ride.

Explaination:

This would leave tamer open to grabs in 1v1 during the beginning of the skill allowing outplay in 1v1 which was not possible before this update but also prevents us from dying during the skill and removes the CC element so the skill is no longer protected + has CC which goes along with PA's previous statement on protected skills which it currently violates. The only reason I am asking for changes for this skill specifically is because PA has announced that they plan to change the CCs in the game but the problem with this skill is not CC but damage taken during it so it is unlikely with our game's current trajectory the skill will be very ideal as a disengage even after CC changes.

#1 jane7652, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    Eri 4 likes this.
  2. Ciroc

do you really think they gave a flying **** about tamer? They removed the main SA on LBD. You cant combo anymore because cc changes, class was dead before now its 5ft down in a coffin.

They will just press out more garbage updates without play testing or informing the community.

Karma555, Eri 4 and Assilma like this.
  3. Kuu

Kuu

I think most classes have grips about their skill set.

But yes, not just tamer, almost every class have skills that are awkward on the current system, because it was never meant to be used this way.

If PA doesn't slack off, they should circle back to each of these pain points and bring back or revisit it, as needed. That's usually how it works.

4. jane7652

jane7652 Tamer 61 NA

I am just trying to make this suggestion so the idea is out there for visibility's sake(even if there is a very small chance of it even reaching those who matter) and so that it can be refined through further scrutiny if it is offbase

5. Assilma

Assilma Tamer 63 EU

I don't honestly see why it needed to be changed at all. It was fine. In fact it was like the only working/good skill we had in awakening. (Speaking of both stomping and ride).

EDIT: In fact, there was a problem pre-patch as well, namely we would get stuck mid-air when using stomping against classes with pulls such as mystic and valk, this was just pure mechanical nonsense, and not fun, and generally a horrible, ugly thing to have in the game. Now it applies to all versions of cloud stomping *and* cloud ride, simply beautiful, isn't it? ....

Eri 4 likes this.
  6. Kuu

Kuu

That one we can answer with some detective work.

Simple put, PA put a numerical value on themselves. Each class only got xyz effects in so many quality and in so many quantity.

Tamers have leaves/gust for iframe, which bumped the SA to something which bumped the FG to something else.

Basically tamer, like many other classes got pencil-pushed out the door into this state.

If you think about their lack of manpower to properly tweak stuff before pushing it out the door, you can kinda guess that same lack of attention to detail remains now.

7. SuzyIdle

Hi , I`m from the forumpolice and you should stop posting ******** in every tamer thread or we will have to take action, ok ,thanks, byeeee

irrelevant likes this.
  8. Lenerlink

Behold the tamer community where when one person tries to break the cycle of us being negative by providing some opinions and find a way around the problem. We shun that person for not being negative and unproductive. Because that's what this forum needs...more compaining. Can't remember the last time a post was about helping some out and it went more that 4 threads.

Eri 4 likes this.
  9. Kuu

Kuu

To be fair, a lot of what get suggested never really make it, though the issue itself sometimes get resolved by PA.

It's probably easier for PA to just revert it into a total iframe realistically. As well as 80% of other classes that after the patch, needs some of it back.

Tamer is not the only class, or even the worse class to get some nonsensical patched skill tree.

The way I look at it, after taking away, PA will most likely give back, after seeing all the broken pieces. (but then it's PA...)

10. SuzyIdle

Oh my bad that I`m sick of this dude treating tamer forum like its his own q and a, when he has 0 credentials at all, like who even is he?whats his gear? my bet is he has more posts then rbf score . At least we know you as the dude playing on wrong server with 2k ping

irrelevant and Reuter like this.
  11. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

Pole jump without iframe might as well simply not exist as a skill. End of story.

It's nothing short of ridiculous how almost the entire awakening kit got virtually rendered useless. I could rant on for hours how insanely incompetent the developers are but I'm slowly coming to terms with the fact that this would be a waste of energy and time at this point - pretty much like playing Tamer in the first place.

Eri 4 and SuzyIdle like this.