1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

@CMs we have a question for PA

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Netreiam, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Netreiam

This question is regarding class balance, AND BEFORE YOU CLICK OUT OF THIS THREAD HEAR ME OUT.

This is an extremely important question that I feel will help PA devs, You guys at Kakao, and the player community.

What is the vision for each class?

After the balance changes there has been little direction in terms of balance, things that players feel is obviously in need of fixing has been ignored and things that nobody asked for have been implemented. This question is asked for the following reasons.

1. So we know what to expect from the devs and more properly tailor our suggestions for you guys to forward to PA

2. So the PA devs set a clear expectation that they must follow through on.

And

3. So that players know how they can expect their class to function from now and into the future.

The ideal would be having an explanation for every change implemented so that we can understand why a change was made. But just giving a general statement for each would be enough at this point.

Some questions I hope this will answer are things like:

- Are there class roles, or should every class be the same more or less?
    - Is BDO supposed to be a hack and slash?
    - Are Warrior and Valkyrie supposed to tank?
    - Are Witch and Wizard supposed to lose 1v1?
    - What are assassins like Tamer, ninja, and Kuno supposed to do in nodewars and sieges?

That one question can answer so many things the playerbase is unsure about. If there is one thing that needs to be asked, it’s that question.

Near the end of the year PA has usually done a “letter from the developer” or something with questions that, I assume, they imagine players having. But if there is something we are all wondering in regards to balance it’s that question right there.

@CM Yukimura @CM Servantes @CM Serenity @CM Richter @CM Praballo @CM Kabz @CM Aethon

Please make sure PA answers this question. While it being sooner (like next week) would be nice, even waiting until the “letter from the devs” at the end of the year would be fine as long as we get an answer.

Please do what you can to stress how important this is.

#1 Netreiam, Nov 1, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  2. Netreiam

removed

#2 Netreiam, Nov 2, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
  3. Knisheffy

There is no vision lol.
    You get geared to the point any class works just fine killing stuff with 1 button. thats what fuels their income.

Also that response you got there is a bot.

Shastalya and Ruffe like this.
  4. 2Cents

This must be what the CM's where referring to when accept those accolades for their dedicated support.

5. Revalenia

Revalenia Lahn 62 EU

There, this is good. Thank you for asking some of the more important questions, even if I do not believe that they would ever answer any of this. This is one of the reasons I started to be incredibly disappointed with Pearl Abyss, this fake "transparency"

Cherrytwinkle likes this.
  6. Vanadiel

The vision is: how the make the most money with the lowest amount of investment?

7. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

What you describe is literally business 101 first 5 minutes of first class, it's the goal of every company ever.

TarkusBlack likes this.
  8. Rayin

The Support Desk are already linking Andaro thread filled with suggestions that he doesn't want to filter (but still he filters based on his preferences, personal bias against users and if he finds the suggestion library worthy) which are full of gamebreaking stuff, invasive Cash Shop introductions or things that just a single user asked.

What a time to be alive.

Anyway i don't think we'll get those answers if they ain't pinned by a GM/CM like "Community Asked Questions" and i don't think that they'll do something about it.
    Twitch Tournaments are a proof that everything is "alright" even if it's not & can be seen even there. And if we want to learn from history, 8 months of Sorc being overpowered with DF and then being left behind for 1 year because they didn't get with Awakening what they were lacking of, show to us that their idea of class balance are periodical meta shifts.

9. Eri 4

The vision for Tamer pretty much started and ended in "this is a loli class that has a pet".

yukishiro1, Stillwaters, JM and 2 others like this.
  10. AllanJr

after 3 years of release you still dont know what the shared class vision is???? the vision PA have for the characters is the classes grabbing all the money in your wallet and giving it to PA, one would expect that to be quite obvious by just looking at the empty of content game BDO is.

Fearless V and Ruffe like this.
  11. Cthulette

Are you suggesting that they make a class stronger for the purpose of getting people to reroll as that class and spend money on it, only to nerf it later and start the process over?

Because while that's sucky, it's a little bit genius.

Stillwaters likes this.
  12. AllanJr

isnt that the same apple does? released iPad1 stopped giving it support about 2 years later blocking the iOS update for those devices, after that you could not instal ANY new app because the iOS was outdated, rendering it usless forcing people to buy iPad2, what i find amusing is people actually falling for it, but if people keep buying iPhones why would they not keep Re-rolling right? why do they keep releasing classes when the rest of the game content is buggy, void and unbalanced? cause in the times we live in money is not found in satisfacing a customer but in managing his ego, making idiots feel like they are some special snowflakes, like "Look i own a iPhone", or "Look i have 600 GS" wost thing is they dont even give a **** about us noticing their excesive greed because some retards keep spending.

13. MoZex

MoZex Musa 62 EU

u want the unique chance to ask devs n all u can think of is what vision each class has :p id rather ask em what the vision of their game is, are we really just going to be playing a grinding sim, why cant we have updated battleground or arenas to queue up for, more stuff to do when not doing nw/siege (and our siege was dead in valencia yday btw).

Eri 4 likes this.
  14. Vanadiel

Over the years, Apple has developed an entire ecosystem of suppliers who support our business operations. Our goal, in a nutshell, is to obtain stellar products and services within tight timeframes, at a cost that represents the best possible value to our customers and shareholders.

15. Netreiam

16. WeaselPaw

WeaselPaw Valkyrie 61 EU

Ahah, they have no vision at all. I believe they had one before (it feels like the dev team is different from launch) but it isn't the case anymore. They aren't even able to listen to players correctly. Pretty sure the road map is to keep adding "regions" and try to add one or two lifeskill to keep as many PC customers as possible and making sure the game is able to lure console players (or rather, new customers).
    When the player base say "we wan't more pvp arenas", they give arsha arena (too hard to code a decent queue system I guess) and "5v5s but nah really it's 1v1s". Couldn't even come up with a new RBF map or even rebalance the current one correctly.
    When people say "we wan't more interesting pve", they give them content were your character's progression doesn't matter like rift and vell (which still doesn't work correctly afaik) or bosses so easy and/or risk free (no death penalties ! yay) that you just do them for a chance at winning the lottery, like every other single boss in the game.

And when players generally agrees that the level and amount of RNG in this game is unfair, they get cash shop items to "help" them.
    I mean. Seriously. The whole intent of this game is to create situations where the players will think really hard about opening its wallet and they tell you they sell items "to help you". What vision do you think devs like that have ?
    It's to keep doing what they've been doing already and find new markets for the product they already have. They will tweak the product a bit if they have to, to make it fit the market, but that's it. It feels like they are trying new stuff (or rather "different" stuff) on BDO Mobile though.

April changes were probably a shot in the dark to please people when they shouldn't have (I believe they basically listened to the loudest complaints relayed by their "council" of players of whatever, they probably won't listen to it anymore considering the potential income they should have lost since then), an attempt to reduce the speed/complexity of pvp to fit consoles' gameplay and a carrot for players to use more cash shop features. Considering how they implemented them and then followed up on it (or rather, didn't), that's the only motivations for these changes I can see.
    And, again, there hasn't been any meaningful addition to pve at all (some attempts were nice though).

Basically since launch in EU/NA the game barely evolved (imho the last significant change the game had was awakenings launchs, I have trouble remembering anything that changed the game as much since then, outside of this year's many issues), it's just some rules that have been tweaked (and most of the time for worse).

And to help with your questions : yes BDO is supposed to be a hack & slash, once it had a pvp twist to it but not anymore. On top of it you have a layer of some kind of a mobile game with the lifeskill activities. It was all wrapped in social interactions so it worked, for a while. But they don't really support these anymore (because moneeeyyyyy - every player shall be able to spend money, thus every content shall be available to them, even if they play by themselves, 3 hours a week), so it is starting to have a few issues (imho).

Well... I wrote a rant even though that wasn't completely my intent. Sorry for that ^^

Eri 4, Shastalya and Zhev like this.
  17. 2Cents

Wrong. No professional business motto has been to exert the lowest amount of effort and yield the highest profits. It's actually quite a failure in most industries. A success goal is to provide the best service, quality, and customer satisfaction possible and thus being rewarded with revenue.

@Vanadiel
    Correct, while Steve was running the company they made their success through innovation and a high level of support.

18. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Well stated..... hopefully they will look at it and actually relay some info we want/need

19. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

Do you think Economies of Scale (in regards to a successful/popular product) get there over night? Or did they develop a decent product, gain product loyalty, and enough revenue to move to scale. It is the large companies that are able to benefit from economies of scale and spreading the fixed cost over more units of production. Or are you referring to simply cranking out no. 2 pencils?

Now in our case (BDO or a product like .... not no. 2 pencils) it stands to reason that keeping the end user in mind is what will lead to most profits in the long run.. but the gaming industry doesn't understand that anymore.... just take a look at Blizzcon this past week. I bet they spent next to nothing on Diablo (im)Mortal..... at the cost of alienating their primary consumers..... so ya man.... business is a bit more nuanced than you portray... kinda makes me feel sorry for your education.

20. Netreiam

I just want an answer by the end of the year.