1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Coherent UI constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Capslocks, May 11, 2018.

1. Webby

Why bump? Kakao and Pearl Abyss have already demonstrated they do not give a damn about NA/EU... and the Kakao reps are either completely uninformed or completely unwilling to give any information or updates.

Truthfully, Pearl Abyss is saying "Fu*k NA and EU" and Kakao is saying "yes sir, whatever you say sir"

The NA and EU customers get no meaningful support from our publisher... I guess someone forgot to let them know that part of the job of a publisher is to assist the customers by informing (repeatedly if necessary) the developer of the regions wants and needs, as well as help facilitate our enjoyment of the game. After all, Pearl Abyss is in Korea worrying about the Korean market, they do not pay any attention whatsoever to what is happening in NA and EU... that is what the publisher is for! Kakao should have been pushing this issue from weeks ago! Instead, they ignore the issue, ignore the pleas from the player-base, and hope it just goes away magically or that we get tired of asking for a fix and give up.

Pearl Abyss and Kakao promised more communication and transparency; that was clearly a blatant lie. This week's patch notes didn't even mention the issue... not a "we are still working on it" and not even a "screw you, we're not going to fix it". We got nothing.

As is shown by the join date on my profile, I have been playing BDO from the beginning. I played for five months on the KR servers before the game launched in NA. Both on the old forums as well as these, I was a huge supporter of the game and the devs. Almost to the point of "Fanboy" or "White Knight"; however, the pitiful lack of effort or communication on this issue (and others in the recent months) has me finally awake with open eyes to what PA and Kakao really are... liars who don't give a damn about the NA/EU region (as long as we keep dumping those sweet dollars into the Cash Shop).

One thing I absolutely, 100% guarantee... if this issue happened on the Korean servers it would have been fixed by an emergency patch within hours. As for NA and EU, eight weeks and counting and complete silence from the devs and "our" publisher.

@GM Dew

#201 Webby, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  2. Tauriil

F***ing bump x_x

3. Masterio

4. Kharognar

5. Dakkon

The bigger Issue in my opinion is our player base. Which instead of boycotting, keeps throwing money at them. The same people who rage in the forums probably bought all 4 new shitty overpriced swimsuits.

I for my part, after supporting them for over 2 years, completely stopped investing a cent into kakaos pockets. I am happily playing without value pack and for my part encourage everyone I know to stop investing even a cent. Numbers is what they care, customer service is just another word for PR.

6. Schönfeld

Schönfeld Warrior 61 EU

Boycotting ? Biggest issue is the player base ?
    Dude in any business i don't have to boycotte the seller in order to get what i want , if the guy selling the product front of me is not mentally ill or retarded he will do his best to provide the best product he can without me having me bullying him
    so no , you are totally wrong here

7. Zanbarbone

Zanbarbone Musa 58 NA

I'm just going to say this now, I know it's about 8hrs before the actual shut down, But my confidence is very high that it will NOT be fixed ... STILL BROKEN !!!

8. Webby

Actually, his point is valid...

This Coherent UI issue that affects only NA and EU has been ongoing for almost NINE weeks now, and there are many other serious issues that are documented on this forum. Pearl Abyss completely ignores NA/EU and could not care less about what is broken here. Meanwhile, Kakao is totally and completely worthless as a publisher... they do not push for the broken things to be fixed, and as the community gets more and more upset, the Kakao GM's and CM's run and hide and stop communicating at all.

While Pearl Abyss ignores us and Kakao hides like cowards, we still throw money at them like a bunch of strung-out junkies chasing after their crack dealer!

His point (valid in opinion) is that we need to stop giving these crappy companies that do not give a crap about us all our money. Maybe, just maybe, we can get PA to grow a brain and get Kakao to grow a spine.

Your point is usually valid in that most of the time a business must provide a quality product or service or they risk losing our business. However, Pearl Abyss and Kakao are different because they do not have to worry about a loss of business because we keep throwing money at them...

So why should they do any more than the bare minimum?

As I mentioned in the other post, this issue is fixed within hours if it happened on KR, but since is happened here the general attitude of PA and Kakao is: "F them! - We get to it when we get to it"

Dakkon likes this.
  9. Masterio

11.07.2k18 still broken :)

10. Tazmanyak

Servers up,
    Another week with no fix.
    This is now really really boring....
    WTF ARE YOU DOING !!
    (More, wtf are you NOT doing...)

11. Dakkon

@Schönfeld you are right in one regard that in normal cases you'd try to make your customers happy. But they even stopped giving out even the smallest compensation that is how much they care about theyr player base. I mean why satisfy old customers and build up trust and a viable fanbase if I can reach 3 new ones with less effort for more short term growth.

At the beginning of BDO you got at least some gm blessings if you wrote Tickets, right now you get some pompous lies as compensation

"The issue intermittently occurring among Windows 7 users where certain UI windows (Black Spirit’s Adventure, Beauty Album, Saying of the Day from the Guild window, etc.) were not displaying properly is being addressed and tackled upon. We have made a few improvements but a complete fix has not set in stone. Please allow us a little bit more patience until we resolve the issue entirely."

I agree so far that most businesses would have had major drops in revenue while providing such a service but since this is the gaming industry I am not certain normal business rules apply here.

12. Dakkon

Are you out of your mind implementing this so called fix, it is not even remotely working and keeps on popping up everytime the game tries to load the not working Front-end UI. Congratulations on making the Issue even worse. I don't even know what to say anymore.

@CM Aethon @GM Dew

Screenshot_5.png

Schönfeld and paruchen like this.
  13. Pointis

Pointis Wizard 61 EU

I can confirm that the problem got worse as of todays patch. Now not only the UI crashes silently in the background, now we even get this annoying error every time.

paruchen likes this.
  14. paruchen

The funny thing is if you click yes, it will reset all of your saved Quick Hotkey settings (like place tent, use maids, take pets group 1-3 etc...)

And if you don't you have to keep closing that message over and over again....

PS. Crazy tinfoil theory, it looks like Windows is paying games to make the experience worse with win 7 intentionally to convert more people to buy win 10

#214 paruchen, Jul 11, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    Pointis likes this.
  15. BakeaSux

Found a workaround to this inane UI restart that fixes nothing and has only served to cause you to crash rather than be mildly inconvenienced.

Suspending the CoherentUI_Host.exe in Resource monitor will make the game believe the process is functioning per norm and not trigger the horrendously invasive prompt.
    (Task manager>Performance tab>Resource monitor; requires Admin perms)[​IMG]

16. GM Dew

Game Master

This semi-fix has been rolled back now, and you will need to restart your client to download the latest patch. Unfortunately, this brings it back to how it was before.

Please rest assured that we are still pushing for a full fix every single day, however it is not an easy fix on the developers side. They have indeed recognised the issue as you can see during our last patch, and are still working on possible ways of fixing it.

Best regards,
    GM Dew

17. Equil

Unsure if this is related, but when I restarted my game for this so-called patch my launcher is now crashing after about 30 seconds and can no longer enter the game. Thread here:

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?threads/launcher-constantly-crashing.254760/

18. Berimarios

Until this morning patch makes it worse then before : we simply can't launch the game anymore.

19. UltraHeaven

UltraHeaven Tamer 61

20. Zanbarbone

Zanbarbone Musa 58 NA

WAIT !! sit still ... your tinfoil hat is crooked ... there, that's better now back to the Faraday cage with you.