1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Coherent UI constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Capslocks, May 11, 2018.

1. Tauriil

Wow so It seems like I shouldn't update now because other people can't even play the game anymore? Am I correct in my understanding? X_X

For what it's worth I do appreciate the devs' time to fix this as it's been extremely annoying and also unfair to us since we are not able to access things which has put us at a disadvantage for months and so far I have not seen anyone being compensated for this. And if the newest update has people not even being able to play at all, I would definitely say that would call for an emergency update where they shut down the servers till the problem is solved.

2. Webby

In this week's patch, they added a "semi-fix" (Kakao's term) that actually made things worse. They have already rolled back the "fix" and we are now back to where we were last week (and the NINE weeks before that). This incident is even more proof that there is absolutely zero internal testing or bug testing before they roll out their patches. This "fix" was so broken from the start that it would never have made it through five minutes of any real testing.

Of course, this goes back to the fact that no employee of Pearl Abyss or Kakao has ever logged into the game; let alone actually play-tested the game for five minutes.

Compensation? LoL... no. In the patch notes last week, they did not even mention the issue at all, and the GM's and CM's on the forums completely avoided the issue. However, this week we got a one-sentence mention, a broken temp fix, and "promise" for a genuine fix. That is our only compensation... them acknowledging us!

Nevertheless, I do not see how they could do a compensation anyway. The way they do compensation is an "all or nothing" for the whole community (for server downtime, etc.) and this affects only a portion of the player-base. While it is possible to determine what players are using Win 7 to play, it is not likely PA or Kakao will dedicate the resources for this. Nah, once it is fixed we will get some very disingenuous apologies and more false promises to do better in the future. That is, once it is fixed... currently weighing the relative time frames of the Coherent UI fix and the full commercial release of Star Citizen.

UltraHeaven likes this.
  3. jp35351Returns

this is what happens when you are a DEVELOPER and outsource developing pieces of YOUR GAME.

next question is:: when do we get comps for the weeks of BSA we were unable to even load, let alone take part in, even if most players get junk??
    further questioning: comps for win7 players only so it's not taken advantage of by all the other players? XDDD

also note: they should be able to collect system data from each player uniquely, which would contain which OS they're running.

but i agree 100% with you, webby; in your statement "once it is fixed we will get some very disingenuous apologies and more false promises to do better in the future." because this has happened multiple times and they always promise the same, but perform at par or below their last failure.....

4. Dakkon

Aaaaaand its ... not fixed. But I understand its quite a though issue since its almost 3 month and everybody is doing his utmost to resolve it soon.

5. Pogo

they are just hoping that were gonna forget about this with so many other things,they obviously dont give a ****.

6. Dworkin Barimen

Yeah,nope,**** this i am done with hopes and dreams ,and supporting people who do not deserve it ........

7. Himmelsfall

i feel so good ... bug still there ... and BSA is again here... great ..

8. FixWindows7UiIngameplease

9. Kharognar

For God's sake . Fix it please . It's the 1st time in my life i am seeing a Company being begged off from their playerbase to fix a bug for 2 + months.

OOVVHHCC likes this.
  10. Kharognar

BUMP FOR GOD'S SAKE . IT WORKS ON WINDOWS 7 IN KOREAN / JAPANESE / RUSSIAN / SEA PLATFORMS . WE DEMAND IT FIXED . IT'S GOING ON FOR ~3 MONTHS NOW

11. Dworkin Barimen

Ok it looks like they fixed it ,lets see for how long :)XO:O

12. Dakkon

Yes, most parts work again with some minor issues on some pictures on the guild information for my part.

13. Josifa

Josifa Kunoichi 61 EU

Yeah ...

#233 Josifa, Jul 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2018
  14. GrandeeKing

I missed lot of events

Blusurfer likes this.
  15. Blusurfer

Hi all

I was running Windows 7 64 bit. I doubt PA or Kakao will do anything about this.

I was avoiding upgrading to Windows 10 64 bit but can report it is so much better than Win 7. And I don't have this issue anymore.