1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Coherent UI constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Capslocks, May 11, 2018.

1. ghoulz666

I went to the game files and just made the BDO launcher and coherent UI set as plain Vista under properties/compatibility.

2. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

Thank you alot, this works for me too.

3. Contari

wrewerwer.PNG

It works!
    I selected the Windows 7 option (because it was listed) and started the game.
    Beauty album shows up just fine now.
    :)

4. Nixtreffer

for me works but i think i have some game lags i think so need to test it a bit more

5. MissJolteon

MissJolteon Lahn 60 EU

For me this causes massive fps lags though.. not really a long-term solution :/

6. GM Dew

Game Master

Does it still work with the Windows 7 option?

Best regards,
    GM Dew

7. MissJolteon

MissJolteon Lahn 60 EU

@GM Dew Yeah it works with the Windows Vista and with the Windows 7 solution but when I start the game I drop down to around 20 FPS which causes massive lags and loading times for me.

8. GM Dew

Game Master

I understand it's not an ideal workaround, but at least this way you will be able to participate in the Lahn pre-creation event.
    You can turn off the compatibility mode when you no longer need the in-game windows.

We are still working with the developers on a global fix so that the workaround will no longer be needed.

Best regards,
    GM Dew

9. MissJolteon

MissJolteon Lahn 60 EU

@GM Dew That is true! Thank you for your effort :) I will at least use this solution to fix some of my templates and my Lahn and then switch back to play the game normally.

10. Nixtreffer

yeah have like all 10 sec massive lag like that something loading at background every 10 secs

11. Hummy

Okay, so running >BDO Launcher < in Windows 7 Compatibility mode works, so now, unless there is a way to access the character creator for Lahn given that it's unplayable?, am I still f***** as now I can't upload my Lahn customization to the beauty album without waiting for a delete... what is this garbage.

I mean.. I get that games run into issues all the time, but a time dependant, beauty album event.. during a time period in which the beauty album is broken. The SAME state it's been in for ATLEAST two weeks prior to the event. For realz.

WTB Instant character delete. For free.

12. Capslocks

it doesnt work for me... and i get like 40% performance drop in compatibility mode. i ended up upgrading to windows 10 since some of the functions are really needed to play the game.

13. ghoulz666

Hell with that. I'll switch to 10 when I build a new rig.

Tried to upgrade a while back and it failed. Lucky it didn't destroy my system. Now way in hell I'm going to attempt that again.

14. AnteFinem

No, the compatibility option didn't work for me. Coherent UI still crashing right away whenever i open guild window or beauty album.

15. GM Dew

Game Master

If you already created your Lahn and did not submit to the Beauty Album yet, you will still be able to do so between May 23-30th, as Lahn will be playable then and you will not have to delete and recreate your character.

Best regards,
    GM Dew

Mesuka likes this.
  16. Dworkin Barimen

You do realise that all those who do this will be at a huge disadvantage right ? I mean they won't be able to catch up to the already voted ones....

Seier likes this.
  17. Seier

So.... what is status? Are you looking into it and does the future bright for us with that "Coherent UI" error?

Would be nice with some following up on what you find out. :)

18. Zanbarbone

Zanbarbone Musa 58 NA

The changing of the compatibility of the launcher does make it possible to open the coherent UI windows... but new problems arise pearl shop lists are scrolling up and down so fast they are unreadable and uncontrollable. The game freezes from 5 to 30 sec randomly. Lastly random connection issues.
    These are issues I have experienced. Please advise if there is a fix in the works. I WILL not upgrade to windows 10.

PS. Reverting the compatibility to the original settings, Kills Coherent UI but also stops all the other problems.

#58 Zanbarbone, May 19, 2018
    Last edited: May 19, 2018
  19. Hummy

As mentioned by another member, this utterly defeats the purpose of the Beauty Album event. I already deleted my character, recreated the following day, uploaded to the beauty album. Only to see the 1k+ votes all of the top album entries have, which they obviously generated due to day one creation (when everyone and their mothers were making Lahns).

So, instead of padding my post with a fluff response that completely disregards the point I was making. How about you address the awful event planning done by your PR team or kakaos part. Whoever made the stupid decision to release this event when this issue has been present and accounted for prior.

#59 Hummy, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
  20. Noyjitat

Beauty Album won't even open for me. Window for it is blank and I've tried this on multiple machines...