1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Coherent UI constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs' started by Capslocks, May 11, 2018.

1. Hummy

The temporary fix is to run the BDO Launcher in compatibility mode for Windows 7. Which causes extreme fps lag and may or may not work. Gl

2. Angarato

same here windows 7. x64

3. ZaMpa

Just setting Coherent_UI to compatibility vista works.
    (xx:\Black Desert Online\bin\host\CoherentUI_Host.exe)

I thought it'd improve things, but...game still get amazing FPS drops and freezes :/

4. AnteFinem

Players without this issue who were able to post their entry in the beauty album since the beginning have already a huge advantage in terms of downloads to what is going to be for those having to start on 23th. Honest truth is to make things fair the count would need to be reset with that day's update. Wonder if managment would really try and go for something like that.

5. Hummy

Given that they released the event while this issue was a known factor kinda answers that question doesn't it.

6. DiscordOfSound

Yeah, It's pretty unfortunate that this event caused a good portion of their player base to run into a wall, thus having being at a disadvantage. I was having the little "ok" box of death when starting up the game since patch and had to uninstall and reinstall after trying the two recommended fixes. Second time this happened after a patch so eh. Then the beauty album didn't work, at all. I don't use it really so I have no idea if it was like that before... But, guess we'll see, once the character deletion process is over and I can re-upload after switching the compatibility mode.

7. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

Ui still keeps crashing ,third week now, is it that hard to fix this?

8. JeanJean

Did you make sure your graphic drivers where up to date ? I had the same problem with Windows 7 64-bits and could fix it by upgrading to the most recent NVidia.

NVidia curent driver is 397.64
    AMD current driver is 18.5.1

9. VorteX332

VorteX332 Tamer 61 EU

Latest drivers, also updated Win7. UI stops working the moment i try to open Guildranks, Guildinfo or Beauty Album/ Photo Gallery.

Blusurfer likes this.
  10. Blusurfer

Thank you for your efforts.

But seriously it was introduced by something and shouldn't be that hard to identify and resolve. It's not like it should be a mystery.

Ask these guys.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com...make-your-old-stuff-work-with-your-new-stuff/

11. JeanJean

Before restoring that CoherentUI slowWare, they should investigate the huge performance drain it was

12. Solsi

I really hope we're getting a real fix for this issue before something like Black Spirit adventure game returns.

Would be a big bummer for everyone with the bug if we can't do it. The temp fix with massive fps drops and freeze as result, isn't really doable for something you do continuously over the day :(

13. Dakkon

Bump, this issue still exists due to sloppy implementation and internal testing with coherent UI. I mean cross platform testing should be a standard for years now and win7 still holds a major percentage on windows based systems. No offense to the first level support but I almost cant count the issues with cUI during the years, and at this stage its just embarassing (almost 4 WEEKS btw).

Kaijoichi likes this.
  14. Ciccina

Ciccina Sorceress 61 NA

Are you idiots going to fix this problem? The game is unplayable now because half the UI doesn't work now. It's been two weeks.

15. Moen

Moen Sorceress 8 EU

Still buggued, it's really annoying, and the compatibility solution destroy mys FPS.

16. Dakkon

How surprising the issue still exists after the recent update, well played.

17. Moen

Moen Sorceress 8 EU

Class is broken. Dont work. Thx.

upload_2018-5-30_15-59-22.png

18. FaultFinder

Yeah is funny how they didnt fix this already... and this time the UI crashed before i click on START :)

19. Raens

Yea, cohorent_UI is still crashing on Windows 7 when opening the guild tab. This is detering me from looking at the guild rankings or looking at guild pages for over 2 Weeks now.

#79 Raens, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  20. Kaijoichi