1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fixed Coherent UI constantly crashing

Discussion in 'Bugs - Archive' started by Capslocks, May 11, 2018.

1. Zijina

It actually affects the pearl shop once ui has crashed. Its still functional though but its like looking at a website with no ads :P

2. Josifa

Josifa Kunoichi 61 EU

Yeah its a pity they dont get it fixed ....
    Hope u guys dont just ignore this for another month rly.

3. Gatsu 2

Same issue as everyone else, would really like to participate in the event... this bug has been annoying me for a while but now it's actually hindering my ability to play the game... wtf. Disappointing response time, and no, lagging my game out with vista compatibility is not a 'solution'

Wet Cake and Josifa like this.
  4. Preslavv

Thats right, we win7 users should get compsenation for not able to participate in this event as others. When there are server problems, they compensate all players, now it should be the same. Its not our fault that we are using win7 and they cannot solve this for months.

Wet Cake likes this.
  5. GrandeeKing

May I ask can it be fixed if I reinstall this shitty game?

6. Webby

not likely... it is not a corrupted file issue, it is a hard-coded bug that was implemented in a patch about 6 weeks ago.

Varzoth likes this.
  7. Rising_Chaos

Rising_Chaos Rising_Chaos Witch 8 EU

you can try it, but I don't think it will help in any way

8. Webby

ChromaCait and Kaijoichi like this.
  9. GM Dew

Game Master

@Webby You can find the following post about this issue:

10. Pogo

is this a joke?

11. Pogo

Is this a joke?

12. Rising_Chaos

I don't know how hard it would be for you guys to do it...
    > but wouldn't it be useful to message the devs what exactly was changed in the source code on May 9th...
    > look which part of it is relating to the coherent ui
    > compare it to the state of the source code before that patch (just that part of it, not the whole thing)
    > take those informations to figure out (with BDO devs and the coherent devs) how to fix it
    > or if there is no solution available just reverse that change (which should also make it working again)

Varzoth likes this.
  13. Dakkon

Whats even better they are lying in every aspect (now its coherent labs fault) to manage the shitstorm, instead of fixing the issue.

Just yesterday I was replied in a ticket the issue was fixed and wasted 2 hours of my time, reinstalling everything even clearing windows cache files.
    For nothing the best bit I cant even restore my UI via the cloud because it runs conherentUI.

[​IMG]

The only thing we can do is stop spending money and tell everyone we know playing, to try the same thing. That is all they care about. Because problems are only managed on a PR basis.

#153 Dakkon, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
  14. Rising_Chaos

Just my two cents about the cache part...did you delete both cache folders? there is one in the game installation directory and one in your "my documents" directory in that respective bdo folder...(deleting those was also needed by an old bug where you couldn't move characters in the char seletion over a slot where you previously deleted a char)

and you can as the workaround suggests in the other thread, start the game in compatibility mode Win Vista SP2...that way you can use everything that crashes with coherent ui...you should just revert it after you're done because your FPS will drop like hell with that

15. Dakkon

I deleted all caches accordingly, whats infuriating about this is the part that this is clearly not a local issue and cause by their implementation of coherentUI.

And the so called workaround is not an option for me. I wont restart BDO 3 times or more a day every time I need to use some features due to not beeing accessible. Its not that hard to reproduce that bug and act accordingly. I bet everyone of my interns atm could solve this in a day, id say even less.

There is even a thread at coherent labs from may

https://forums.coherent-labs.com/index.php/topic,1411.msg4887.html#msg4887

I had lost most of my customers already if I had response time like that.

16. Hummy

Another event that we can't participate in because of this problem? Like for real?

Wet Cake likes this.
  17. Hummy

Hey GM Can you... for the love of god and all the people with this issue who are being blocked from event after event, get the devs to expose to us the HTML urls for our accounts to access these services via custom browser. Save us a REAL god dam headache as ignoring the lahn event and beauty album/guild info, with black spirits adventure, we're expected to relaunch the game in compat mode 3 god dam times just to access the event?

18. Failbot

[​IMG]

What does that say under recommended OS?

Yet a very major part of the game doesnt work for us, and hasnt worked for us for nearly 2 months.

I'm not even joking when I say that some people might have a claim to call false advertisement on this ****. Fix it.

ChromaCait and Wet Cake like this.
  19. Pohjantikka

Yeah, this kind of bug is total bullsh-t
    HOW HARD IT IS TO FIX?!
    No we will fix all smaller things in game and but players to fix their major size problems by themselves.

Besides isn't this "changing Win7 settings to Vista" same as hacking the game files?
    So Devs are recommending players to hack game files or change file types... Again

20. Rising_Chaos

you don't actually change any gamefiles, so no.
    you just use a windows built-in feature.