1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Coherent UI Still Crashes In Windows 7 64-Bit

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Erimus, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Pogo

this has been a problem for like 2 months soon...its kinda pathetic that you cant fix it(or wont since its obv not a money generator for you) and just keep giving us **** like the Vista SP2 is a ****ing joke.

2. BuzzerGandi

3. TWKII

SO I think I have found what the issue is, I am not a pro with system files or what not, but the error seems to happen to Coherent UI when it tries to run the 32bit version with the 64bit BDO, on windows 7 64bit OS.
    I have tried all the "Fixes" that people say work and the only one that works is compatibility mode.
    You see when you lunch BDO in compatibility most the versions windows will use causes BOD to launch in 32bit version and the Coherent UI will be in 32bit as well and it will not crash, it runs just fine, due to what I think is that they are both running in 32bit.

BUT when the 64bit version of BDO is running the 32bit Coherent UI version wont work and we get the said crash. Now there is a folder in BDO that say's (\Program Files (x86)\Black Desert Online\bin64\host\), this is where the 64bit version of Coherent UI "Should Be" but it would seem the version of the Coherent UI there is also a 32bit version this may have something to do with the crashes, IDK, maybe it was to be updated to a 64bit and was not done, or it is meant to be 32bit IDK.

What it seems to be is that the 32bit Coherent UI just wont wont work with the 64bit BDO on windows 7 64bit. Most likely since the 64bit BDO is trying to launch a 32bit program and windows dosen't like this it could be some anti malware safety thing in windows IDK.

Here's my info good luck with it!

CelestiaCross and Kaijoichi like this.
  4. zetto

[QUOTE="You see when you lunch BDO in compatibility most the versions windows will use causes BOD to launch in 32bit version [/QUOTE]

vista sp2 mode runs in 64bit, lags like hell, but coherent ui doesnt crash.
    so it's not that. prolly. idk lol

5. GM Kaioken

Game Master

We are still investigating this issue, but please do attempt the workaround here.

6. Jollyblue

Workaround does work but makes the game VERY laggy and unplayable. For me, I have to boot up using this just to play the black spirit adventure game, then reboot the game to actually play the game. Sad times :( Any ETA on when this might be fixed? Is this not just a text issue where the http is using a foreign character?

7. Pogo

u guys are a ****ing joke.

8. TWKII

Please Note that this workaround is not and SHOULD NOT be consider a fix, even with beefy systems it makes game-play nonexistent with lag spikes occurring too often to do anything other then AFK things like fishing or processing, this is not a viable.

I know how much you and your fellow GM's get flak from us players when issues like this occur but you're our only real line of communication to the dev's. Whatever you can do to let them know that this work around is not a real fix, and that we require a real fix soon.

BDO is currently a broken game for the Windows 7 64bit OS, and seeing this would seem to point out that the dev's don't care about this, seeing that this issue has not even been mentioned in the patch notes.
    I mean it took them less then about a week to announce and fix a DPS error with the Trina Musket and that wasn't even game breaking (within two days this was announced and fixed), but this issue that has been pushed out for months almost a year for most people (for me the error started 4 months ago).

This error NEEDS to AT LEAST be announced in the known issues for some windows 7 systems in the next weekly update and I believe that many other players probably feel the same way too this, and it will show that you and the dev team acknowledge that there is an issue and you are working on fixing it.

zetto and Kaijoichi like this.
  9. zetto

CelestiaCross likes this.
  10. Jollyblue

@GM Kaioken Any updates :(

11. TWKII

So no response.
    I will wait to see what the update notes say, you guys should at least post this issue in the know issue's area, please!
    Also look its not like we are demanding some sort of compensation for not being able to use a part of the game that helps out (Black Spirit's adventure) , or improves game play and in game advancements (Guild management tab being broken).

12. Cedricu

This is ridiculous. Shame!

13. ghoulz666

I get the feeling they're just sticking their heads in the sand. I bet actual management aren't even listening, if they even know about this.

14. TWKII

Lets hope that's not true and they are working on it, I know when things don't work as soon as we want we think they don't care, lets hope this is just something a core issue and that they are working on it diligently to solve this issue....
    BDO GM's and Dev team I'm backing you here so yeah.... I KNOW your working on it Right? Right? We'll see this added into the known issues section this next update at least right or even better FIXED!?
    :o

15. Pogo

This **** better be fixed with tomorrows patch...

16. snugglesdr

Today compatibility mode stopped working for me.
    Is there any hope? Or just new features?

17. TWKII

I am glad to see this issue was put in the known issues area, now lets hope that this is solved soon!

Thanks Dev's and GM's for listing!

Also Compatibility mode still works for me, still laggy as all get out, but I can still use the menu's.

18. Himmelsfall

wow. the notice in patch notes doesnt change anything. they alrdy opend a ticket weeks ago. official statement that the know the issue doenst solve the problem.
    it feels like making fun of players on windows 7. come on lets make a event that needs coherent UI while this task doesnt work.

and lately someone reported that even the workaround doesnt work any more:
    so just a big joke.

@GM Kaioken
    relog your game to press the game and then relog again is no viable solution.
    i can see it as a work around if you only need to use it one time. (for lahn creation event).
    but its no solution if you have to do it a few times every day!!!

19. Imasock

Imasock Tamer 62 NA

It's been really fun not being able to play BSA like the rest of the players. Missing out on lots of stuff, buffs, etc. is the best part of the game now.

I hope next time I can't even open the menu, it'll be even more exciting.

20. Cahir

Cahir Sorceress 63 EU

Hello, i have same problem. Not even vista compability help (just make my game lag like crazy) as GM i am finding this problem rly **** cuz i cant even edit my guild info. And more than half of my officers have exact same problem