1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collection for the Devs - A rallying call Discussion and opinions

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Von_Blaumark, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Von_Blaumark

2. Meldaza

ok gonna edit this so my constructive opinion is on the other one

#2 Meldaza, Jul 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
  3. Meldaza

@Von_Blaumark im a bit confused about this two-threads, you can delete one of them if necessary.

RageAgainst likes this.
  4. Von_Blaumark

The other thread is the main objective, purely meant for facts to be posted.

In here we can battle it out with the usual flaming, toxicity and trolls just trying to derail the threads and accusing tamers to be crying and salty. Simple.

5. WhySoSeeryus

WhySoSeeryus Wizard 63 EU

well, this at least is working as intended. that skills does"aggro" stuff around it.

6. Meldaza

if you want to troll around please go to the second thread, as this one is for a placeholder for a list of topics or issues that need attention.

@Von_Blaumark please delete both this post and my post, as if this continue this thread will became dead like many others, thank you.

7. Fearmen

this post fills me with faith as i too stubborn to give up my tamer :D
    Tamer4Life

keep up the great work

DocPepper likes this.
  8. Death_Grips

Death_Grips Death_Grips Tamer 61

Honestly some Bugs are so obvious and got reported since awakening or even earlier but never actually got fixed. To make it worse we never actually received an update on anything that got reported even though there are some massive Threads on this Forum.

This leads me to believe that the Staff doesnt actually go through these Threads and compile a list for QA (if they even have QA) or to send it over to the developers in KR. There are several possible reasons for that. One being that those Threads are too complicated for the Staff to grasp, since they either dont play the game at all or are not as involved as most of us. Or that they simply dont have the resources to check each and every subforum.

I noticed that the Bug section is at least one subforum where people most likely get a first reaction from one of the staff members and if lucky an assurance that the issue is under investigation. Thats why I would suggest not only compiling all the bugs on this subforum and discussing them but also post them on the Bug section in small chunks (one bug at a time) with a simple description and how to reproduce it and in the best case with some video proof.

9. lanzend

From the non opinion, constructive ideas thread:

Wow, @Catastigma. This is some good feedback. I feel bad for arguing with you on another thread months ago. I feel like I should make a Valk on test and give an honest review too. <3

JM and Catastigma like this.
  10. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

wow

death grips in game

[​IMG]

death grips on the forum
    [​IMG]

btw as for tamer, unless they give iframe back to pole jump and superarmor on LBD i don't think ill ever bother with the class, it's just so damn boring to play compared to kunoichi and i'm not even talking about power levels

w/o SA on LBD and pole jump iframe you have to play in a stupid passive defensive cheesy way and it's so damn bad

Abiffinnia and Mesuka like this.
  11. TheYoda

TheYoda TheJedi Tamer 62 NA

Deadass, I was thinking of rerolling for real. Is Kuno really fitting? Cause I can see how fluid the cancels are for the class. Tamer just feels slow af for me.

12. Von_Blaumark

Actually some of the changes went beyond that, at least a bit. Remember when the attack effect ranges were announced to be increased? I didn't really feel an impact of that though.
    Also back in the days they introduced the ultimate Echo Pierce. And recently the passing on of the absorb buff to others as well as teleporting Heilang for Howling.

So the current rules for a skillset seem to bend further than we might anticipate or just hope for.

13. Dozier

Everyone complains about their own class. But coming from someone that doesn't play it only against it, your class is extremely broken. I have been 2 shot through SA, I have been stunned by your pet while I was doing my CC combo on you. Your class can literally iframe all day. Now for large scale it does suck, but that means your role changes, you are a scout/flank.

Issues arise due to your own personal skill level, server lag and gear. Stop blaming it on the class itself. That is how we are in this class change mess in the first place.

AzureStarz likes this.
  14. Asunai

EDIT:

Moved this post BACK TO THE MAIN THREAD where it belongs. I main a tamer, and these are issues I notice as a tamer. Please do not move my friggin post.

#14 Asunai, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    AzureStarz likes this.
  15. Von_Blaumark

So you got damaged in SA? Quite normal, SA protects from cc.
    You got stunned by an unreliable, slow, basically PVE element that is Heilang... tough luck but that's one of its purposes.

About the iframing. We have 2 iframes on an irregular cd only useable in awakening. 3s and 5s and sometimes bugging out completely. In pre-awakening it's an easily anticipated hopping about with a large gap in between and LBP which only covers about 60% of the animation. So no, we cannot iframe all day.
    Ninja on the other hand has a 1s cd iframe useable in both awa and pre and on top of that a reliable 2s complete vanish iframe that stiffens upon ending ... you tell me the broken class.

Ninja, musa, maehwa, kuno or all better suited for flanking since they move faster and have better engages.

The only thing you got right here is that tamer sucks in large scale. And you didn't even mention the class you're playing.

And since this is a thread about class balance things like personal skill, gear and lag don't figure into it. It's assumed that all those things are equal otherwise comparing tamer to other classes for balancing purposes wouldn't make sense in the first place.

16. Dozier

The stun was pretty reliable at stopping me finish my combo, probably because the tamer knew what she was doing.
    I don't know the abilities but I've seen a Tamer flip around constantly and not be hittable, that's called iframe.
    Yes Ninja is broken everyone knows this.
    I play Maehwa.

17. Geobryn

Geobryn Tamer 62 EU

the non-awa "WW"
    in PVE it is full iframe
    in PVP the iframe part is only during the tamer being upside down, roughly about 60% of the animation time in the middle of the animation

JM likes this.
  18. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

Im pretty sure it can go the other way around as well , if you were caught as a maewha by a tamer regularly without a grab , then you're the one doing things wrong.

Von_Blaumark and JM like this.
  19. Geobryn

Geobryn Tamer 62 EU

so, let's talk pole jump... :P

it seems to me that the "falling" bug is just unforeseen side effect of the SA implementation
    would not just removing the "getting hit animation", causing the stutter, from the SA fix a lot of issues in general? like desync and partial protection of SA?

20. Von_Blaumark

First off can you please stick to posting in this here thread. The other one is for tamers only to post in. I will continue to move posts here that don't stick to topic in the other one.

Yes, forward evasion is an iframe but not a good one. And 920 is completely right. If you get caught by tamers as a Maehwa, learn to play better.
    And the number of times Maehwas stunned me in that flipping about movement is beyond count.

Finally, since for some reason you like to troll about in a topic that's none of your business. Didn't Maehwa just have their QQ-class-so-bad thread sanctioned by CM_Yukimura? Equal opportunities for every class, agreed?

JM likes this.