1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Collection for the Devs - A rallying call Discussion and opinions

Discussion in 'Tamer' started by Von_Blaumark, Jul 28, 2018.

1. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

It is apparent.

In all seriousness.... we are trying to actually address issues. Why come here to display you don't know what you're talking about?

DocPepper likes this.
  2. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

Kind of,

Taking dmg while doing SA abilities is normal in bdo. I lag when I take huge bursts of dmg like from a wizard ult and we're visibly slowed down if we are SA dashing a ranger that's spamming shotgun. Might be something to do with BDO mechanics overall. This also arises a problem with our Legendary beast power, it's a partial SA dash that gets cut short because it's SA. Cutting it short makes us get CC'd. We've expressed this situation an exceedingly amount of times.

It's essentially the same thing:
    1. Animation gets cut short because of damage
    2. Animation ends
    3. In the air still when Cloud Ride ends abruptly, and not safe after LBP gets cut short in the ground neither.
    at 4:27

at 2:42
    you got things like zerker punching the ground, musa's projections, wizards' aqua prison with lots of hits creating that stutter. It's probably a BDO mechanical thing, but Tamer gets shredded regardless because we have to rely on them in melee range. Correct me if i'm wrong or if someone else has a different hypothesis

#22 Syun, Aug 9, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2018
  3. Geobryn

Geobryn Tamer 62 EU

yes SA protects against CC only and not against DMG, i am not arguing that...

i mean, just subtract the HP when getting hit without playing the getting hit animation which screws everything
    i don't see anyone lagging while drinking potions...

you could argue that the "getting hit" animation is a form of CC which should not affect you while in SA

4. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

Yeah I agree wholeheartedly and I'm not saying you're arguing against anything dude. I'm just extrapolating on the idea that it's only a tamer skill related thing and agreeing with you on the fact that it's a SA mobility skill thing.

Even maewhas/musas chase sometimes feel like they got an iron ball tied to their legs BUT their entire animation is safe unlike LBP and unlike cloud ride they aren't in the air. Just not as often they die i'm thinking. It really does suck tho and numbs my brain when it happens

5. 920

920 Ninetwenty Tamer 62 EU

Stop hoping guys , warriors got replied that "PA knows that warrior is a class that is subpar right now but they are currently focused in bringing in other updates and content to the game so balancing classes will have to wait"

If WARRIORS got that reply aka the Poster ****ing boys of this game why in the world do you think they will ever ever care about tamer again. It is what it is and what it always was. A forgotten class played by masochists.

6. SuzyIdle

source ?

DocPepper and JM like this.
  7. Reuter

Reuter Tamer 61 EU

I'd like to see a source for that as well. This would actually be a good thing and a reason to be hopeful again if the persons responsible for this current mess (not just Tamer) got axed.

8. 920

Just write any ticket regarding game balance and you will recieve the same answer. People got this answer for whales for everything.

Honestly the most triggering **** right now is the falling animation on cloud ride , i hope whoever thought thats a good idea gets shot in the head italian style. Utterly disgusting.

9. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

Hold up, how come so many people have a problem with heillang desummoning in water? I know it's an issue but I disagree with putting it beside tamer's pvp flaws. It also doeant seem to be an easy solution neither because witch pets desummon in the new under sea level grind zone

10. irrelevant

irrelevant Pixelstorm Tamer 62 EU

as someone that isn't necessarily a tamer player any more i think its hilarious reading some low elo clown complain about getting 2shot by meme class tamer and he prolly thinks it wouldnt happen if his enemy had the same gear / experience on another class lmao

a maehwa even

i remember a maehwa from my server (the only maehwa actually in entire europe that fought me that way in rbf, and it's not a very known maehwa but its geared + i know it) was just spamming all buttons without actually trying to cc me and combo me cus he could just outrange and outdmg me thru SA back in the day cause they simply hit faster and do more damage with better hitboxes

i admit tamer has good damage IF the pet hits but the pet hits are on 2 trash skills (allround w/o cc) and LBD (unprotected, risky) and the only other skill that does dmg is the only S tier skill tamer has ever had which is resonance (and yes old pole jump wasn't s tier cus its simply worse than its counterparts like teleport or block jump
    if you get hit by pet as maehwa in SA thats absolutely your fault and maybe you should stop being ignorant and learn your enemy's skills and resonance is the main thing u have to look out (unless ur enemy is grab suicide player which seems to be the case in this game cus no1 cares about dying any more so ppl just abuse it)

old tamer was good vs maehwa , dunno how the new tamer/maehwa matchup goes but the main strategy that old tamer could use is gone cus of the skill changes so if a maehwa uses its range and dmg it can probably control the fight way better, as long as they block resonance

best part is he said that ppl should l2p instead himself when he's a complete random , lol

Von_Blaumark likes this.
  11. JM

JM Tamer 62 NA

A a silly issue for the class that just should be fixed.... not exactly related to PVP but I think it could be argued. What if you are trying to grind Fogans and someone comes to contest and in the middle of trying to fight them off you step into a puddle and poof..... heilang is gone?

Hummy likes this.
  12. Rokath

Our passive is a joke and is basically there to balance out our crappy attribute distribution. Just give us the base HP & LT through better stats and give us a meaningful passive.

Another concern is how strong strikers/mystics are given the amount of defensive stats they have. A striker with 220 AP is the same as a striker with 250 AP and their kill condition is landing a grab... which they don't miss often.

Tamers literally have nothing to counter this since the striker takes less magic damage than other classes on top of having a heal and an I-frame ultimate technique. Tamers just look like potatoes compared to strikers. The other magic classes still have a balancing factor sorcs:I-frames, witchards:protected abilities, DK:ranged abilities. All that Tamers have is a lucky dog stiffen? possible fix(es) 1. make Heilang CC act as a mob CC and not count towards the PVP CC lockouts. 2. add a ranged effect to our skills so it procs off that stat instead of solely magic. It doesn't even have to be long ranged, just enough so that it can use that damage roll instead.

Finally and probably least important - why do so many other classes have vacuum abilities for PVP but Tamers have this effect removed from their skills????

Summary:
    1. Fix Attributes/Passive skill (Fortune's Blessing)
    2. Allow us to do something against the Flavor of the Month/Year (strikers)
    3. Why no suck?
    4. Obligatory Heilang disappearing in puddles fix

Karma555 and TheYoda like this.
  13. Hummy

Under sea and a puddle are two different things LOL

14. Syun

Syun Seeon Tamer 61 NA

The thing is, while you have a just argument, that this has been the case since the release of the the game 4 years ago. You definitely aren't the first and it's very apparent that this is an issue. Not trying to take away from your concerns because we all play the same class. It'll definitely be nice to have heillang survive 1v1 versus a puddle but that doesn't make or break tamer. Let's be real

In my opinion, while fogans is a good grind spot and we do lose possible damage because our pet is gone, and even aggro limit goes back to NORMAL standards; I wouldn't be grinding in fogans nor would I suddenly rely on pet knowing I'm in puddle city. We do lose damage, but it's literally the only spot aside from Catfishman that has waters deep enough to sink our pet.

A tangent
    2x aggro limit is not balanced. It CAN BE pretty strong... such that 80% of the classes (as an arbitrary number, don't really care to check what other classes aside from witchzard and tamers have increased aggro) don't have this aggro limit. The PvE should balance around that. Many spots like Nagas for example that got buffed recently show that. At most you get 6-7 mobs in 1 group before you move to the next. You also murder Fogans before the pet can even attack, maybe that's a bigger issue than having him desummon in water.

Make heillang begin attacks instant on our cast and not animation teleport and animation attack long after we're using a different skill.

I can see that, but the effect is still the same -> dog(gorr/tett in sea) desummons. Just trying to bring data up front.

#34 Syun, Aug 19, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2018
  15. 920

Btw did you guys know that the reason heilang de-summons in water is because he's made out of ink? And ink dissolves in water so it just makes sense.

16. Von_Blaumark

So we need to increase Heilang's potency so when he enters water the water becomes Heilang instead

DocPepper likes this.
  17. lanzend

Discord_2018-10-24_09-55-29.png
    Tamer great class stop complaining git gud hahahahahaa :^)

JM and Syun like this.