1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combining Valk's advice

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by DaveH, Mar 15, 2020.

?

Combine 2 failstacks into a "Golden" Failstack?

1. Yes

36.4%
  2. No

63.6%
  1. DaveH

So we currently have Black Star where a Tri has as much change to go Tet as normal gear has to go from Tet to Pen. Not to mention a lot of people seem to dislike enhancing, because RNG doesn't seem to like them.

So I think it would be reasonable if we could combine 2 Valk's Advice into (never mind the name just a temporary one) a Golden Valk's Advice.

There could be limits to it like: A weekly quest (once per family like event quests) you need to do before you can merge your 2 scrolls into one

It would make enhancing slightly less painful and everyone benefits from it.

Always welcome to add a post as to why yes or no with a reason or maybe a suggestion on how to make it acceptable

Koue likes this.
  2. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

...Its gambling.

So a golden failstack does what now?
    What ever it does, if it doesent lead to something where you get a return for investment, or guaranteed success..Its either a placebo or a waste of time.

If this "golden what ever" doesent make it so even a 111 fs succeeds to TRI anything..Whats the point?

I ask cause just yesterday i obtained 3 brand new 100 fs just attempting to tri something. Thats either good luck or bad..but its gambling which means its not MY desired result, cause Iv run out of alts a while ago.

#2 Kynreaa, Mar 15, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
  3. DaveH

It means you can combine 2x100 to 1 200 FS that increases your chance to upgrade anything

Koue likes this.
  4. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Ahh..Yea, iv heard of that idea..people also wanted the ability to split FS, or even flat sell them.

Not gonna happen though..It disrupts PA's gambling algorithm they got going on. The closest thing we will get is a PTW item in the form of theos orb for the fairy...Something akin to a placebo effect that makes you think you are saving money even though you are still just flat out spending money.

Distaken likes this.
  5. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 62 NA

The mere existence of failstack books and the fact that Pearl Abyss make them rain on players simply destroys your conspiracy narrative but ok.

I agree with OP's idea as it goes in the same direction PA went by making enhancing evolve in a less harsh way for players.

DaveH likes this.
  6. Kynreaa

Kynreaa DarkKnight 62

Actually..No if anything, all that proves is you are requires to Cron crap..cause even with stuff raining from the sky you still have people wasting 100+ FS and cant even tri crap, or multi year FTP vets who arnt even close to softcap, despite their best efforts.

And like I said..its been brought up before..plenty of times, splitting them doubling them, selling them.

If PAs version of extracting them hasnt told you anything..what ever they do, it definitely wont be worth it. For instance doubling them would require some Pearl item, perhaps a ridiculous amount of crons or some BS.

But yea I liked the idea then..and I like it now. As long as PA doesent PA it up.

7. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

idk about makes it rain, we get a 15-35 failstack every couple weeks I guess...

8. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

I have 2 years of playing on one class, probably thousands of active hours, almost level 63, close to 2.6k SP, only just recently hit softcap. Never again...

9. DaveH

Like I said so many people HATE enhancing lol. That's why my suggestion is to make it slightly less painful.

10. Lord_Xenon

You don't make enhancing less painful by buffing gamble way.
    And while it's just an example, combining 2 100 valks into 1 200 is unproportional. 100 only require the 70+5 pen fails(or 6 tet fails on boss) while the 200 would be way above 20 of such fails.

11. DaveH

you would still need 2 stacks of 100FS so your math is already off. Not to mention where do you even get the 70 base from ... I mean really what kind of ridiculous math you using? (as always).
    And yes it makes enhancing slightly less painful. If you increase the chance you have to get an item it means it is slightly easier to get.

Anyways we get it as usual you say no and offer no constructive input. So do be so kind as to move on to say no in other threads tyvm

12. SyreneLillianaide

Well yes to the poll. However, even a 2x100 into 1x150 would be nice.

RealistPhysics, Distaken and DaveH like this.
  13. DaveH

That would certainly help as well good idea :)

14. Distaken

Distaken Warrior 62 NA

Yah I think it would be cool if they added something like this. 100 + 100 = 200 would be very nice but idk if theyd want to do that although who knows, maybe it would increase the sales on their pearlshop 100 blacksmith books. But yah something like (advice of valk 1 + advice of valk 2) x 0.75 would be very helpful. Its not even like high advice of valks drop like candy so it wouldnt be something so frequent. They would also have to make it so once you combine them into a golden advice of valks that item cant be combined again.

DaveH likes this.