1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Feedback Reports - Devs Replies

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by CM Yukimura, Mar 9, 2018.

1. aidlac

aidlac Nomad Wizard 59 EU

So, any replies about how PA ****ed over NA/EU? :D From PA ofc. I'd love to hear their excuse *cough* horseshit *cough* :D

2. 待って下さい

nope no reply

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  3. Strycer

Strycer Kunoichi 61 EU

I would love to see a feedback related to class balancing and how they tested it.
    Like with real testing videos with and without the changes.

Not saying that sth or any kind of class is useless or OP. Just curious how they are testing the balancing or if they are just adjusting some numbers, releasing it and declaring it as balance-fix

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  4. Wet Cake

Sell BDO to someone who can manage it better.

You could literally sell it to anyone.

AllanJr and Mana_Mafia like this.
  5. Hr1s7i

Like who exactly? Which companies, who have some experience handling a MMO will you name? Give some ideas. Gameforge? NCSoft? Nexon Europe? No?
    The only publisher that can do better than Kakao, would be Sony and they won't want to manage this. So suck it up and while you're doing so, make sure to work the shaft.

MoZex likes this.
  6. Wet Cake

The people running Neopets could do better.

Literally anyone else could do better than Kakao and PA. I can't even think of someone who could do worse. Maybe EA.

AllanJr likes this.
  7. Hr1s7i

Did you just compare a full blown triple A MMO game to what is basically a glorified isometric tamagochi? This game is much more expensive to run. The upkeep costs hardly compare, and the monetization models differ greatly with that as well.

8. Wet Cake

It was a joke. But jokes aside, Neopets could manage BDO better than PA and Kakao.

Feyti and RageAgainst like this.
  9. Hr1s7i

Yeah, you have zero of anything to back this up. Unless they can conjure up experienced crew of people, they'll fail. This isn't a lemonate stand.
    Also here's a thing - give us back the lanterns. This firefly thing is a downgrade and a retarded one at that. Can't be turned off and keeps messing with the ambient occlusion. Either fix ALL the problems it has, or get rid of it, I don't care which. It's nausiating to see the entire picture pulse all the god damned time from this, not to mention it cannot be turned off. Seriously which retarded korean snot came up with it? Tell me so I can ship a noose.

[edit] Did I mention it can't be turned off?

SnakeAttack likes this.
  10. Netreiam

Yeah, lemodade stands actually listen to their customers.

Wet Cake, Feyti and SnakeAttack like this.
  11. Hr1s7i

@Netreiam Albeit I agree, it's worth to point out, that a business can't always please the client 100%. Such is the case with f2p MMOs (the fact that it's one time purchase for infinite access doesn't make it any less f2p). They need the revenue and unless the customers, aka we, can give them some sort of physical guarantee that they will in fact get the profit which we say they will if they do the change, they simply can't take the leap of faith. Their livelyhood depends on careful maneuvering when it comes to monetization. Every promotion and implementation ot the pearl shop, is in fact a quiz to see how players react to it. Compare the revenue gained to the estimations, then datamine the ingame chats for reactions, then add reactions from the forums and you get a fairly firm understanding of where the community stands on the subject.
    Obviously there will be a stigma on p2w stuff like the artisans, but it's an evil that cannot be avoided. PA needs to pump out a LOT more costumes and convenience, for the artisans to disappear. And Kakao can't do anything about it, so they work with what they have. Ofc, sometimes the p2w will be more than other times. They want to have nice things too. Noone works for fame only.

12. Tabri

Tabri Paingiver Witch 61 NA

1. Allow mount costumes to be interchanged like armor costumes are currently and keep set effect(movement speed)
    2. Allow all crafted costumes in game that were switched with a purchase exchange coupon to be counted as 8 pieces for full buff effects.
    3. Allow in game regular armor(e.g. Lemoria set) to be used as a costume set(maybe with exchange coupons).

13. Kushina

Vell hearts and TET OFFIN on Patrigio when?? i refuse to do a boss in the ocean .... and the drop is too much important.... Patrigio pls

Increase grinding silver\hours income... all the server are doing seahunting ....is not good for a pvp game..

#253 Kushina, Sep 14, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
    MoonDance17 likes this.
  14. Ama83

swimming 2-3h per day and payouts 1b to 10b silver per week, grind mobs 2-3h per day is 10-30 million per hour which gives a circle of 200-600 million a week, where the balance ????

Mana_Mafia likes this.
  15. Hr1s7i

What balance? it's all under the same hat - grind. Don't be a communist and start with the "every job should pay the same" bs.

16. TeRRoRibleOne

You're right, actively grinding should be the most money, not afk activities or something that is supposed to be GUILD content that can be solo'd.

SnakeAttack likes this.
  17. Draconnix

Draconnix Berserker 62

Go solo shm and tell me how big your guild payout will be.

18. Rok

Rok

I know that BDO is "a competitive, open-world PvP game where you can fight against other players almost anywhere and PKing is part of the game". However, it's also a game with countless "Lifeskill guilds" and "Roleplaying guilds". There are players who got attracted to this awesome game and have NO interest in PvP at all; all they want is to fish, farm, trade, and make profit, or ... they just want to roleplay. And in map chat, I cannot count the many times I've seen a question along the lines of, "Which armor/weapon/item should I use if I'm not interested in PvP and just want to focus on PvE?"

I beg the decision makers at Pearl Abyss to reconsider this self-imposed identity for Black Desert Online. Black Desert Online is much, much, much larger than "PvP". Accordingly, please ... please do reconsider and add PvE-only channels and RP channels, at least a few of them to test how things go.

And a few suggestions in dealing with such servers:
    • Yes, all characters stay as part of the family, but characters cannot move back and forth between the normal (PvP) channels and the PvE/RP channels. You can move a character from PvP channels to PvE channels but cannot move a character from PvE to PvP. This will prevent the exploit of leveling and gearing up on PvE channels (considered easier by some) then moving to PvP channels with good gear. If someone already leveled a character on PvP or the old channels, though, they can permanently move that character to PvE channels. And moving between RP and PvE channels would be allowed freely.
    • To avoid griefing during grinding on those PvE and RP channels, there would be no "tagging" system for mobs, kind of like how it works with field/world bosses. Any player who does damage to a mob gets combat EXP that scales with the amount of damage they did to the mob before it dies. This way, grinding and grinding spots will still favor well-geared players (as it does now just by use of force or PKing). And it would be up to the player who is doing the less damage (akin to losing the duel for the spot) to move on and find a spot where they can do 100% of the damage to the mobs that die.
    I hope that this makes sense and that you will see the benefit of getting this community much, much bigger with the addition of such channels. I know it for a fact that there are countless gamers and YouTubers who have tried Black Desert Online, or played it regularly in the past, who would actually return to the game and play it permanently with the addition of PvE and RP channels. This is not about dividing the community; the global BDO community is already huge as it is and united with their passion for the game, even though we are divided among all the regions, like NA, EU, KR, and so on; this is about making the global BDO community much bigger than it already is. And no one type of channel will ever get all the players, so not all players will move to PvE channels as some would think, especially when they know that they can never move those specific family members or characters back to PvP channels. This would be like saying that the PvP realms of WoW are empty and people only play on Normal or RP servers; this obviously isn't the case at all. All types of realms in WoW have lots of their own passionate sub-communities, just as we can have our own sub-communities here in Black Desert Online, all of us passionate about the game in our own ways.

19. sus1228

Looking at the first page.....I KNOW you guys got a lot of responses on market sniping bots...WHAT is your response? *crickets*

20. kuroma2

im trying solo recently and its 15 mil /h of trashloot , i do like 5-6 hours/ day sessions and still ddnt got any piece of 100 mil :(