1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Feedback

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by Layliara, May 25, 2018.

1. Layliara

Since I don't really see this often, this thread is going to be about everyone in the community giving their feedback of the recent game changing patches and what they want to see fixed, things changed on the patches, or just their general feedback of everything that has been changing.

This mainly being so we don't see any posts like "We do not ask for any of these changes, where do you get this bad feedback from?"

~Please try to be a bit serious in your replies and not be a troll or give replies like "game is dead", thanks :>. ~

#1 Layliara, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
    Andaro likes this.
  2. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

Well there is a dedicated suggestions forum but here goes....

Make the game support nVidia Shadowplay Highlights.

Balmafra and Andaro like this.
  3. ambyentlight

Add actual group pve content.

4. AZzalor

AZzalor EU

rollback the server to before renown and put everything back to drawing board.

KhalidIbnWaalid, HoloRE and T800 like this.
  5. Rizzly

Rizzly Berserker 62 EU

Andaro likes this.
  6. Peisinoe

Put threads in their correct subforums.

VasilisD likes this.
  7. Layliara

8. RysingCrow

RysingCrow Warrior 50 NA

Dear PA and Kakao:

Please if you could follow the example of the Japanese Publishers of BDO. They seem to be making strives to show they actually care about the player base. This entire time I have only seen a staff member post one thing. Which was a semi generic statement about looking at feedback while they implement an entire ptr and such. With all these massive changes being doubled down on repeatedly after being repeatedly told by the community that this effects the most that they are hurting more than helping conveys the idea that no one is listening to the player base. I understand that your team might be small but in that scenario you must take the idea of "Quality over Quantity". While at first the community will be completely skeptical including myself; however in the end if you listen to us and actually show us that you are reading the forums, playing the game with us, and sending our actual unbridled and sometimes ruthless feedback I can assure you that after rolling with the punches for awhile the community will actually respect you. As of right now the way I see Kakao is more like the server admin that occasionally comes to the water cooler waves and goes back into his closet. The way I see Pearl Abyss after all these changes is a parent who buys you a brand new bicycle without tires when you just asked for a better bike chain so you can ride the bike better.
    Anyhow, I am at this point thoroughly convinced that no one is listening because if someone is I don't understand how any of the major things people asked for culminated into them coming up with these ideas It actually baffles me. Hopefully they wise up and revert all these changes back to the way it was and then come back to the drawing board. I know it was a large effort but I can see the writing on the walls and the game is slowly starting to trickle players. If that comes to pass I hope that mobile version has a ton of whales.

Sincerely,
    A disgruntled Ninja

9. Stabby

Honestly, with the release of Bless Online next week the devs couldn't have picked a better time to experiment and piss off the community. It really does take a rocket scientist to run a game company apparently. They are going to lose soooo many people.

10. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

11. Shichi88

Shichi88 Striker NA

Because of Bless? LOL. Please, stop being so funny.

12. Celensra

If I had to guess, I'd say they already have "lost" substantially more than they see since many of us are just sitting about and processing while either playing another game or doing something else. The moment a game catches that person's attention fully, they'll stop bothering to sign in and process or fish...then, the true gravity of their mistakes will be felt. Also, I'm not sure why they would make such decisions either. The designers should really be smarter about such things. Now, they need to release Lahn's awakening, and Drieghan to best fight against Bless' launch and pray for the best.

13. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

The only thing I want is for PA to provide a better roadmap for what they're going for. I have a suspicion that their changes will be close to what the community has wanted all along. However, it took them over a month now to even see a resemblance to it and without a clear path. I don't like reading about how they're going to totally shake up PvP with all these seemingly crazy changes and then the next week they say, "Just kidding, we couldn't get our testing on it right and so we aren't going to implement it yet." They did that multiple times during the month and it feels like, and probably actually is, that they're winging it for the most part. A meeting somewhere agreed to do all these things and they started pushing out changes without even having their big picture completed.

I understand breaking the changes into smaller patches because of the sheer enormity of the changes they're doing but there's definitely a logical way of doing it. Don't remove everyone's FGs and SAs and not remove the CC's as well. Now they've said they've gone too far and are adding FGs and SAs back in. That's fine but don't make your player base lose confidence in you because of how you roll it out. I realize they've given us parts of what they're planning but it's always half the picture and normally accompanied with a, "Why would they do this too?" change.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I'd also like to know what PA thinks of each class and where it stands. The players always vocalize who they think the strongest classes are, how does that line up with what PA thinks?

Andaro and Hacksaw like this.
  14. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

At this point, the only thing running through my head is "hindsight is 20/20".

There are people that like the changes, and are happy they are taking a bold approach. There are upset players that want everything reverted or scrapped entirely. There is no answer that will satisfy everyone. There's no point in offering feedback on this issue specifically except how to be better in the future.

With that in mind, I agree with @Flood . There needs to be a better roadmap. Not some vague crap like "We want to reduce the imbalance between classes". Phrases like that are insulting to players that want to plan for the future. Each and every milestone on that roadmap needs to be outlined with specific class changes and context. Stuff like, "We are aware that Berzerker grabs are now no longer viable to chain, and we wish to replace those abilities with other options to fill 'X' role."

There needs to be a dedicated discussion around that roadmap with a system in place that allows the good suggestions to rise to the top but doesn't deter the newer/lesser known players with good ideas. We should be able to weigh in on future changes and tell them that "Gutting mobility is a bad, anti-fun idea". As it stands, it's difficult for us as NA/EU players to feel the impact of our suggestions and our feelings from PA. Kakao does their best to convey our thoughts to them, but I don't feel that's enough for them to take us seriously. A global forum with dedicated mods from PA that can facilitate discussion in many languages.

They need to listen.
    They need to interact.
    They need to course correct.

It's a stupidly big ask from me, and I don't see it happening unfortunately. Given their pigheadedness with barrelling forward with both Renown changes and PvP changes knowing full well that it was bugged to hell and inherently not fun to play through, I don't anticipate we'll get anything meaningful in the way of assurances that this sort of thing won't happen again.

PurplePumpkin, CandyCat and Flood like this.
  15. Yuusayn

Sadly all the whiners don't even put all their gripes into the suggestions forum

Mistermoff, Andaro and Peisinoe like this.
  16. Flood

Flood Musa 62 NA

@Hacksaw Implementing a system to allow for good ideas to rise to the top is a good idea. The forums are always a small portion of the playerbase and can have their own community that thinks a certain way that doesn't always represent the full community. I'd like to see an in-game survey system added. On login it could just be a quick 2 question survey with something new every time. At least it would be better than forum polls. They could even use it to figure out what costumes to release next. If they were smart with the questions they asked, they could make changes to their game that most of the community would praise them for using it.

17. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Hack_Saw NA

Hell, even offering incentives in game would work. "Take this quick survey, and you'll receive 20% pearl purchase discount, 500 Loyalties, and an enhancement bundle!".

Flood likes this.
  18. Gingen

Gingen Guildmarm Sorceress 59 NA

I've never had issues with shadowplay in BDO. Or are you talking about a certain aspect of shadowplay?

19. Blacksheep

Blacksheep 60 EU

Can confirm "suggestions and feedback" from forums are worthless.

20. WastedJoker

WastedJoker Striker 61 EU

The highlights thing is when it automatically saves a period of gameplay when triggered by something ingame such as a goal etc.