1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Community Goal Settlements

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by StrivingClown, May 10, 2017.

?

What do you think about this idea/suggestion?

1. I like it!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. After a few changes here and there I think this would be pretty cool.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. I'd change a good bit about this idea and then maybe I would like it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I'm not a fan of this idea.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. This is an absolutely terrible idea.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. StrivingClown

StrivingClown Korvar Wizard 56

This is something that I thought would be pretty cool but I have no idea how popular or feasible it would be. If you hate this idea, I'm sorry, like I said, it was just a thought or idea, nothing else. The premise of this would work similar to community goals like in Elite: Dangerous. More specifically, I believe but am not 100% certain that this is how it worked or what happened, that every once in a while on Elite: Dangerous, they would have a community goal where all the players would work together to haul materials and supplies to a location where a new space station was being built, generally in a remote area. I think something similar to this would be pretty neat for Black Desert Online. Every once in a while, like maybe once a year or so, there would be a month long community goal or event where players would work together to haul as much material as possible to a location predetermined by the game developers. This location would become the site of a new city/town. It doesn't have to be the size of Calpheon or Valencia, maybe something more the size of Heidel or Veila at the very most. There would be different materials that would need to be hauled, and the amount of each material hauled in relation to one another as well as overall would determine what services and housing/town room types (not sure what the proper name is ingame, but it is all the houses and stuff in cities that you can invest contribution points into for residences, storages, workshops, etc.) would be available. For example; say this was a city being built on the coast or one of the many remote islands, and players wanted services like a wharf, blacksmith, storage, marketplace, and trade manager, more than a stable, furniture vendor, dueling arena, inn, etc. Well, the players would bring the respective supplies needed for each service to the area, or maybe drop the supplies off in a set area within this area that would be dedicated to that service in this future settlement. Players would bring supplies for each type of townhouse investment option that they wanted available to them as well, in a similar manner. For the townhouse investment options, there would be up to five/six tiers of construction, the more supplies they bring, the higher the tier of construction, and ultimately, the higher the level the townhouse investment can go, similar to like a storage or armor workshop with 5 levels compared to one with only 2 levels. Obviously reaching these higher tiers would take some serious effort and a massive amount of supplies, there would be no way that the player base would be able to bring the supplies needed to have every townhouse investment option to the max construction tier within the set time frame. This is so that these new towns wouldn't completely outshine major cities like Valencia or Calpheon, but would still be useful, much like Port Epheria, Trent, or Iliya Island.

Again, this is just an idea, not saying that this is perfect but I think this would be pretty cool and would help players feel more invested and connected to the ingame world.

Also, sorry for this massive wall of text.

2. Greeniewolf

Greeniewolf Kunoichi 61

Could you please break up that wall of text? Also could you Use less run-on sentences so that it is easier to figure out what you are trying to propose? From what little I could decipher this seems like it could be a good idea, but clarity is always important when proposing major changes.

3. Drakias

Drakias Ninja 61 NA

Please add another voting option as followed: "Didn't read wall of text".

4. Judgementos

I am down for player built town *cough cough* port ratt.

Only thing with that is there needs to be a clear advantage to doing so, otherwise there would be no point.

Examples
    1) Have it in a location that people can choose or want.

2) Depending on the amount of support from the community provides a base level of amity for all npcs of said town.

3) My personal favorite, player run towns EI all shops, guards, politicians.

More games need a political system the forces people to work together and communicate.

People tend to join guilds and that's the end of it, community wise. That's not really enough to bring people together. Group multi guild events or structured mechanics do if done correctly.

5. Ravare

Please write in paragraph form if you are writing that much.