1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Compensation for multiple spot maintenances

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by PM Cool, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Nosimo

I don't think we see too differently on this but when we bought BDO aren't we paying for the right to use their virtual product and play in their virtual world? Everytime we spend money on the cash shop we "expect" we are paying for the development of new content, though were that money actually goes is of course 100% under their control. Can they remove the right, or privilege if you prefer, to play in their virtual world any time they please? absolutely, so paying for the privilege to play BDO requires a certain level of trust between the consumer and the company. Compensation really shouldn't be about whether its our right to get it or not, its about providing good customer service, or a more direct honest way to put it is keeping players level of trust for the company above the minimum level required to keep them spending money. They aren't giving away cars here, just virtual products/services which cost them nothing. A considerable number of players level of trust is already low, snafus like this last patch drive it down further, compensation is a low effort way to boost the trust back up. Of course distributing an appropriate level of compensation is rather important, meme boxes just piss people off more. While I agree some people may be over reacting you are also completely failing to see their side of it, not everyone is settled in like established players with low maintenance afk empires. Other's enthusiasm for the game and consequent disappointment when they can't access it should be seen as a good thing. You really aren't doing anything to help diffuse the situation by calling people entitled or telling them their opinions don't matter.

Eichorn likes this.
  2. LogicaI

Glad we can meet a common ground. That sounds better Privilege.

As for the entitled part,i am literally calling people by their definition ( entitled ) believing oneself to be inherently deserving of privileges or special treatment.

A fence is a fence.

And yes i will trigger the entitled with the fact they are entitled until i change their tune via frustration or via wearing them down until they decide to start with civil discourse ,suggestions and using reason rather than their emotion.

Many don't realize i have my own issues with the game. But i unlike them realize it is better to use proper debate/suggestion/civil discourse than to splash my arms around in a shallow pool.

As for meme boxes, Do tell me why they are meme boxes when they also drop dande/kzar etc

God forbid they hand you a box that drops the BIS items in game.

3. Mortia

OK so...

While i appreciate any compensation that comes our way please for the love of god stop giving us those Lucky boxes.

They are so bad that they are insulting. 99.99999% of people get a blackstone from them. Please just delete them from the game already and give us something worth our time to open.

Stabby likes this.
  4. Vix

Vix

This one doesn't have blackstones.

5. Mortia

Apologies, this is the one that gives you an elixir.

My Bad

6. Vix

Vix

Yeah, also got an elixir, but gives extra exp so eh. Better than a single blackstone. After I stopped playing for a year I had about 40 gm lucky boxes and I got blackstones from all of them.
    Like you can't help but feel this thing is rigged. Even in mobile games with rng loot boxes and daily wheel of fortune, you get a decent item now and then!

7. ManlyBeard

What’s laughable is that they’re laughing in the faces of the ppl that couldn’t even, and probably still can’t connect to this day due to issues. Those people are getting dry ****ed twice by not getting their black stones or cron stones caus they couldn’t log in.

GymGamingandDope and Vix like this.
  8. GymGamingandDope

Don't argue with fan boys. They play LoL in their downtime and know nothing of integrity in gaming.