1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Complete Guilds Overhaul

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by IDzer0, Mar 21, 2020.

?

Which suggestion did you like the most?

1. All of them. Obviously! :D

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Guild Houses Overhaul

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Guild Quest Overhaul

12 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Guild War Overhaul

5 vote(s)
    15.6%
  5. None. I play solo!

4 vote(s)
    12.5%
  6. Guild Rank Overhaul

11 vote(s)
    34.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IDzer0

Hi,

I have some suggestions regarding Guild changes. Below are the ideas I think should emphasise guild cooperation more than it is now. I will break it down into spoilers for easier navigation between subjects. Inside the spoilers will be a list and/or a brief note.

1. Remake them to be accessible by all guilds same like player residences.
    2. Introduce Guild Contribution Points - obtained from quests, bosses, node wars, etc.
    3. Introduce Guild Hall Ranking System (e.g. in order to obtain Special Quests)
    4. Guild Trophies - these will increase GH Points (same as Residence Points) and can be placed in designated spots within G. House - walls, pedestals, display cases. They also can give some minor guild beneficial bonuses and buffs - like Stuffed Heads, etc.

This idea is simple. Quit with bidding for GHs and allow us to generate Guild CPs for completing quests, conquering nodes, killing bosses, etc. To improve the experience further, please also introduce a guild crafting, gathering sites. Connecting Nodes for GCPs could also be a nice thing to have. This can bring some new possibilities, yet I did not think of them that much.
    1. First and foremost allow us to choose between Small/Medium/Large.
    2. Introduce more Life Quests like:
    a) Hunting Quests
    b) Various Gathering quests - Sap, Herbs, Plants, Blood, etc.
    c) Cooking Supplies
    d) Alchemy Supplies
    3. Allow Members or at least Officers to take Trading Quests and introduce more of them.
    4. Special Quests - e.g. Hunt Fugitive Khalk or Blue Whale.

In order to undertake Large Quests we need to either get new members or fill the guild up with alt trial accounts. Also current Guild Quests are completely boring and repetitive. I as a Hunting and Alchemy enthusiast don't have anything to choose from. In my opinion a large variety of quests should kill the boredom.
    1. Reduce the time needed to open the war or make it so 2/3 kills by the guild which had received the declaration will start it automatically. Same when the other guild will declare the war back. In my opinion there should be no declared and received guild wars. The war should last for a specified amount of time (1/3/7/14/30 days) and the outbreak should be as follows - Guild A declares war against Guild B
    a) Guild B declares the war back;
    b) Guild B members kills Guild A members 2/3/5 times;
    2. Rewards system for winning guild wars - as all guilds needs to pay for it, why not get some silver as a reward? With changing Guild Houses (as per above spoiler) the wars can cost more, give more fun and give some way of filling the guild storage.
    EDIT:
    1. Allow creating custom guild ranks besides Apprentice, Member, Officer, Guild Master.
    2. Introduce new system to assign tasks/privileges for custom ranks:
    a) Some leader's privileges
    b) Quest management
    c) Storage management
    d) War management
    e) etc.

Current system does not allow to have Vice Leader in our guilds or someone in between Member and Officer. It is quite a shame that this game does not offer such simple solution. Diversifying privileges in guilds is possible in most MMO RPGs.
    Cool suggestion by @Willsonn :
    Currently an Alliance can have maximum 100 members! There's no point in engaging it since everyone is aiming for Extra Large Guild Quests so they fill up their guilds with alts. Such alliance should be able to consist of 5 or even 10 GUILDS max, not members.

1. Alliances should have their own crests located left from guild alliance in player's character name.
    2. Allied members cannot kill themselves with Force PvP mode on.
    3. Participation in node wars - each player can sign up for them themselves or be invited by Guild Master or Officer until it hits the limit.
    4. Allied members can participate in Guild Boss hunts.

Thanks in advance for your feedback. Let the discussions and voting begin!

Cheers!

#1 IDzer0, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    Jinoro, Zhareck, Chaosmasta and 6 others like this.
  2. RealistPhysics

A guild quest overall would be good to stay up to date with all of the changes. It seems quite far behind.

IDzer0 likes this.
  3. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 62

I think instanced guild residences may cause problems from a technical point of view maybe purchasable unique guild houses that aren't locked away in a bidding phase much like for ff14 does it or perhaps maybe it could require a certain amount of guild points to purchase a guild home that would incentivise players more to do guild quests

4. Andaro

Ambassador

Words like "overhaul" are rather cringeful when pushing ideas....
    however, the notion of "Guild Contribution Points" is quite intriguing and something to ponder on

IDzer0 likes this.
  5. IDzer0

@Akeno If residences does not pose a problem, Guild Houses should also be fine. These could be purchased with Guild CPs or by monthly fee (e.g. 1B/month).
    @Andaro Well, apologies, but right now I would not change anything in the poll, etc. The idea itself is also to edit the first post with any feedback and more ideas provided by others. Hope it is alright.

6. Andaro

Ambassador

No idea what you're talking about.
    I simply meant that I would be "yoinking" the G-CP part...
    ^_^ *yoink*

7. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 62

instanced residences work with a few people but I'm more concerned with how larger guilds could be handled especially with how small guild houses are currently and too add on to residences there needs to be reason to inhabit them because as of right most people just sue it procur elephants and make boats but rarely step inside the guild house anyways.

8. RealistPhysics

[Deleted]

#8 RealistPhysics, Mar 21, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
    IDzer0 likes this.
  9. IDzer0

I just put a part of your post in bold letters. Yes, it's indeed true, yet the trophies can give buffs like +% drop rate, + Max HP, + dmg to monsters, etc.
    There are plenty of things GHs can be used for. Guild vendors can be placed there as well.
    As for instanced residences I do not know if there is a limit of people who may visit your residence at one time, yet you can still visit all residences of the top ranked players. This way I believe it is feasible for GHs as well.

10. Akeno

Akeno Sorceress 62

yes but those trophies only work for singular players and consumed after multiple uses I was thinking more on the lines of a guild wide buff maybe make rare furniture items for guilds that give 3% more movement speed or gathering speed if obtained from one of the guild bosses it needs to incentivise working with your guild because people can just get those buffs on their own from those bosses you mentioned

11. IDzer0

Sure. But who said that trophies will have durability? Further improvement is that these may be reforged to give better buffs and surplus trophies can be exchanged or sold.

12. SmokeKanaris

The truth is that the game's Guild system should be completely rebuilt. The changes are really something not great. As for the guild rank system, it should be possible for GM to create or edit them. If not, then quartermasters should also be able to enable and receive guild quests. Officer's rank is far too low in relation to the rank below.
    The next thing is the guild tasks themselves. As the author of the post has already proposed to increase their quantity and diversity, it is actually worth looking at. The truth is that current tasks are tasks for one person. They don't involve the Guild at all. A nice solution would be the possibility of guild quests for the number of mobs in a given area, e.g. 10,000 monsters in the Valencia region with more experience and silver for the Guild. It is also worth solving the issue of guild houses. Why? Currently, they only amount to the expense of the cosmic amount of silver, for a limited period of time, every day, 100 million still leaves the Guild's treasury. And all they do is build a galleon and equipment for him and the elephants. Guilds can't totally say they have their place. It would be a nice touch to have such meetings or excursions for the whole Guild. The possibility of decorating such a place. Since the instances can be houses for players, since the instances are even bosses on the slots, or summoned from the scrolls. So it shouldn't be a problem to make guild houses the same way. Of course, you can maintain the issue of bidding if you can not introduce the system of guild contribution points. But the cost of maintaining such a home should be for a week, not every day. Not all Guilds can afford 100 million every day.
    It is worth thinking about the changes in the guild system, because many players treat them only as additional passive bonuses. And it definitely deserves a lot more.

IDzer0 likes this.
  13. SmokeKanaris

I forgot to add one more thing. It is worth adding the possibility of using a private magazine in the guild house. Some NPC or a box in which someone looks and his magazine opens. Something like a container borrowed from the NPC.

IDzer0 likes this.
  14. Saranay

I am happy to see another thread for guild changes, which are really needed in my opinion.
    However there are some problems with some of the suggestions in this thread, but I do not want to explain all.

The main problem are the war change suggestions. A war should never! and I repeat, Never! Give a reward.
    The reason is simple, what do you think will happen if a guild goes hunting silver by using the war. Small guilds may be wiped and the stronger guilds get much more silver... again.
    This should be excluded from the war change suggestions. For this we have Nodewars =)

Some of the suggestions are exactly what we need, especially the change of guild roles.
    I would like to see roles we can create as guild leaders and give rights. If this is too difficult to implement, it would be nice to have 2 more roles, for example a "officer" on trial, name it however you want.
    That cannot kick members until he gets promoted. That role is already enough for me to allow some of our members to be able to hit the buff button, accept missions and new player into the guild. But they should not be able to take items from the storage as a "normal" officer can, but buy pledges with the allowance I can set. This way the role cannot cause any damage.

Also the guild houses as stated in this post, definitely need a rework. That we have to bid for a house (which we can only craft in) for billions of silver ... for one week! Is something I will never support.

As there have already been statements in the past for changes for the guild system, which also in my opinion needs a big change I would like to repost something I posted almost exactly a year ago. (The log has been implemented, thanks for that btw)

1. A guild mission cooldown timer
    Atm we cant see when the ten minutes of cd after a mission are gone except we check the local time and wait ten minutes.

2. A timer which shows when the guild missions reset.
    Would work perfectly with the first suggestion since then we can see if the mission we see and want to take will still be available after the cd is gone or if the missions will reset before that happens.

3. Change the time it takes for an offline guild leader to lose his/her guild to any member. Currently if the guild leader is offline for only 14 days the guild can be taken over (please correct me if there have been changes by now).
    When I go for a holiday, most of the time it is at least a 2 week vacation and I can't login within those days. The risk exists that someone takes over my guild just because I am on a holiday. I understand that some guild leaders may leave the game and the guild is "lost" due to missing rights (role changes needed), but the time for a take over should be longer. At least make it three weeks which is only 21 days.
    (A returning adventurer only need 30 days of offline time, just to compare).

IDzer0 likes this.
  15. Vorkrunne

"1. Remake them to be accessible by all guilds same like player residences."

I would love to be able to own and DECORATE all the guild halls.

Every guild leader should be able to decorate their guild halls.

It would also be nice to be able to designate certain players who are NOT in our guild to be welcome to come in as guests, even if they can't interact with any of our buffs/crafting/etc.

SmokeKanaris and IDzer0 like this.
  16. Phoenixxx75

Phoenixxx75 Lahn 61 NA

The thirty days seems reasonable but the guild leader should be able to give a player the ability to renew any contracts that need renewing in this time as well as being able to make any payouts that are due.

Saranay likes this.
  17. IDzer0

Well, as I said in my first post the conditions to start war should be:
    1. The other guild accepts it right away.
    2. Guild who received the declaration force-kill members of the opposing guild 5 times.

Oh... And NO protection skill. This should be removed.

Why?

1. Guilds will not be able declare wars on somebody who is doing quests/farming on spots to kill them with no penalty for doing so.
    If anyone thinks this may be griefing-friendly i recommend studying this topic on <your country domain or just en>.wikipedia.org/wiki/Griefer
    as unfortunately overuse of this term is widely spread amongst BDO community. What a pity...
    2. This may dishearten some guilds to declare the war at all - thanks to the reward system and the time the war is/must be active.
    Guild score will not tell you how strong some guilds can be, so after few losses of one's funds some will think twice before declaring the war.

Summary:
    I miss the times where some unwise decisions made by some guilds led to their members be told not to leave the city or any safe zones due to loss they may encounter. I played Lineage II for 10 years or so and the guild system and war system there was truly amazing. People did not cry when they were loosing and they did not accuse someone of griefing as well. If you PKed someone this gave you negative karma and when you PKed 5 people some items from your inventory could be dropped or destroyed while other players hunted you. The fact is that BDO does not have such penalties and the current system is even encouraging someone to run with red karma everywhere. This summary might be of use for other suggestion of mine, but I needed some argument to hang my thesis on.

Thanks for all your responses. Lets bring more attention to this post!

Cheers.

18. SmokeKanaris

Be awesome to have YOUR Guild crest in Guild House not owner of main region City. Be more personal for something stupid like Guild screenshot session <3

19. Willsonn

In my opinion the Alliance System should be changed as well.

Currently an Alliance can have maximum 100 members! There's no point in engaging it since everyone is aiming for Extra Large Guild Quests so they fill up their guilds with alts. Such alliance should be able to consist of 5 or even 10 GUILDS max, not members.

1. Alliances should have their own crests located left from guild alliance in player's character name.
    2. Allied members cannot kill themselves with Force PvP mode on.
    3. Participation in node wars - each player can sign up for them themselves or be invited by Guild Master or Officer until it hits the limit.
    4. Allied members can participate in Guild Boss hunts.

IDzer0 likes this.
  20. IDzer0

Adding to the first post.