1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer goes "to sleep" when playing occasionally

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by Chez2222, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Chez2222

Hello!

I've been playing Black Desert Online for a while now, and have begun having this strange problem while playing. My computer will randomly go to NO SIGNAL during play. Sound will continue to play while the computer is in this state, but seemingly on a loop. I will hear the music, but no sound from mobs in the area, my player getting damaged etc. I wont be able to turn the display back on, and my only option is to restart it. I have done much investigating in this issue, but I cannot seem to come up with a solution.

The problem appears to only happen during graphics intensive parts of the game like a boss fight, or when my camera suddenly switches positions (IE. Running underneath a ledge during combat).

I have tried lowering the graphics immensely (Game runs at least 60 FPS at most times)

I have concluded that the temperatures are not the problem, CPU is always underneath 65-70 C, and the GPU as well, is always under 65-70 C.

I am LOST. If anyone has had a similar issue, PLEASE respond on how you fixed it. Any suggestions are GREATLY appreciated!

Specs:
    CPU: Intel Core i5 4460
    GPU: MSI Radeon RX 480
    RAM: 2x 4GB Sticks
    PSU: EVGA 500W
    MOBO: MSI Z97 PC MATE

(Putting this into general gameplay because I'm not sure where it goes or if there's a section dedicated to this)

2. DanksRippin

my monitor goes to sleep sometimes while playing bdo too, ive already submitted a ticket and provided all the infomation they asked me for. they were unable to offer me any kind of solution or anything.

3. Denthors

the game have nothing to do with you 2 problems

4. Denthors

'my monitor goes to sleep sometimes while playing bdo '

the sleep setting is part of your operating system

some monitors/tvs have built-in sleep setting

"The problem appears to only happen during graphics intensive parts of the game like a boss fight"

that mostly sound like a defective hardware problem

it can be Voltage, RAM, Motherbord etc etc

you need to find out why your computer is going to sleep with the event viewer
    https://www.dummies.com/computers/o...ows-10/how-to-use-event-viewer-in-windows-10/

#4 Denthors, Mar 27, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
  5. DanksRippin

ill be using my computer streaming videos and doing other stuff just fine, then ill pull bdo out of the tray and my monitor immediately goes to standby as if nothing is on the screen.

6. Denthors

get another monitor , for testing

if its workng fine, its your monitor

try your tv

7. Andaro

Ambassador

Hello there!

Sorry to hear about your technical woes!
    Please feel free to send me an inbox message (either discord or forum) with your directX diagnostics report, and we'll see if we can't give an assist.

8. DanksRippin

i have 2 monitors and it happens on both of them, and something similar is happening to the guy who started the post

9. Daisect

PSU output power to your GPU? You probably have 1 or 2 cables going into your GPU. Glitching cable? Bad PSU cable?
    Easiest would be to try another PSU or buy a PSU tester that runs a diagnostic on all PSU cables.

May be worth a try :)

10. DanksRippin

have a 600watt power supply. i was able to get my issue to go away by setting my 144hz monitor to the 60hz setting, but now my fps is capped. maybe youve got a suggestion for me? i sent a ticket in but theyre pretty useless once it gets past checking if your drivers are up to date