1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confirmed - Everyone's ISP is to blame

Discussion in 'General Gameplay' started by OptimusPrime, Nov 4, 2017.

1. OptimusPrime

upload_2017-11-4_16-30-43.png

So apparently right after the most recent copy/cut oct/nov.dec patch with the glitchy witch/rift towers/snow ui, ISPs worldwide spanning from the EU, USA and Canada at the same time decided to get together and screw over routing to Pearl Abyss' servers.

Totally 100% every single ISP's fault - at the same time, on all 3 regions. Confirmed because reasons. I'm sure the network experts will explain this in detail for you guys.

Time to pay $$$ for VPNs just to play BDO going forward folks!

Scixer, Swann, Hr1s7i and 5 others like this.
  2. bexi

I have a feeling its not going to get addressed till the next patch, at which point everything will be fine. And we still wont have any idea why.

3. Kellemaniac

Kellemaniac Tamer 61 EU

Recently people tend to flame the company extremely because for the first time for monnths/even a year some connections issues came up. I never faced connections issues until recently and for your interest, in any other MMOPRG I played I had alot more of these. It happens and they will find a way to reduce them, but trolling/flaming on the official forums is most likely the least helpful thing you can do. If your invidual life is so depending on a running game server I have bad news for you. Blame yourself.

Report reported for offtopic/spamm/trolling.

4. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

ingame now .
    kek.PNG

Roechacca and Edremis like this.
  5. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

If you take to Google to search about internet issues you will find sites such as this one

https://downdetector.com/archive/
    (One example)

that catalogue complaints and reports from internet users about downed services and network issues. The problem we are experiencing is not a bdo exclusive. It is affecting everyone from Blizzard to Amazon, and countless others.

Also overall global traffic is currently as of this posting 21% higher than normal, suggesting major congestion , and I'm sure it is related

https://www.akamai.com/us/en/soluti.../visualizing-akamai/real-time-web-monitor.jsp

OptimusPrime, Edremis and crawlord like this.
  6. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

ding ding ding.

good research hoss :)

7. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

I have to wonder if another Botnet is on the rise

Roechacca likes this.
  8. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

seems like a persistent ddos from a botnet during the holidays like lizard squad last year .Just speculation.

9. OptimusPrime

Any idea why?

10. OptimusPrime

Nvm, you mentioned congestion

11. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

a ddos possibly .. stuff like this happens like what lizard squad or some other hacktivists do....Traffic increase could also just be traffic congestion from new game launches, holiday intenet traffic and oversubscription. All this is speculative.

OptimusPrime likes this.
  12. Dirac

The issues appeared right after BDO implemented a new patch. Also, it's very unlikely that all ISP's are having sudden DDOS issues. Now whether their changes uncovered an already existing problem is a different story.

Dealric likes this.
  13. Vanadiel

So does this mean your previous recommendation to use a VPN is not applicable anymore?

14. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

do as you see fit.. some have the workaround and are ingame. some have tried with mixed results .some swear its not a solution for them . some do not want to spend money on a temp solution....
    to each his/her own .

#14 crawlord, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    Andaro likes this.
  15. Roechacca

Because they're nerds and that's what they do when they rage.

Beeso likes this.
  16. Dalenos

Your ISP maybe because my ISP is working perfectly find and I can log into the game >.>

crawlord likes this.
  17. Smileybones

Smileybones Ranger 61 NA

Implying there is an issue with the servers and it's Kakao's fault. If there was a server side issue, all the players would experience those issues. Fortunately not everyone use the forums mainly to complain about the game and so we have several reports of people getting no issues at all including me. Therefore the issue is network related and Kakao is not responsible for transmitting data from your computer to their server, it's your ISP.

crawlord likes this.
  18. crawlord

crawlord Mystic NA

solid logic ..ill defer to cocoa to resolve the other gamers pain points. lemme go back to getting fishies.

19. Andaro

Andaro Archive
    Ambassador

For further notes, *if* (and this is complete speculation) it is indeed related to scriptkiddies, our servers (I say our because hey your money keeps it running) does not have to be the target. An attack on any service provider or company that is on the same network same data center that we are on (remember, the "server" is merely a program running on a datacenter with countless other programs) , we can experience issues from it, as the saying goes "caught in the crossfire"

As for troubles only after recent patch....not necessarily, there have been these kind of complaints before in the past just not as heavy, or enough to call notice. Usually if it is purely patch related, it will affect near to everyone and there will be indicators in the server logs, ...something the developers can look at easily enough and quickly resolve.

Most complaints regarding patch issues revolve around the generic issues per gamer. I.e. Personal settings, programs being run, leaching or using Wi-Fi, regional blocking, bad user credentials in windows, non-licenses copies of windows resulting in update failures, and the list of specific problems goes on.....many of which many have even confessed to, and argued they won't change things on their end. (An example was a person that couldn't play due to xigncode force closing due to a program preinstalled by the manufacturer, coincide being updated merely flagged this....but of course...it was a "patch issue" )

Which why it I lean more towards my initial comments versus "blaming the patch"

crawlord likes this.
  20. ambyentlight

Yep finally a post title that speaks 100% true but the post 100% wrong.

This is a routeing issue and guess who manages your route to the gaming server? your internet provider!

Use a VPN like mudfish and try to bypass the biggest routing server of America cognetco as that is where your issues are all at.

So again this is your ISPs fault for not bypassing cognetco that is very possible to do with a VPN.

crawlord likes this.