1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Staff Response Confused about upgrading houses/workshops

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Celthon, Jun 10, 2019.

1. Celthon

Just bought the game cpl. days ago -- have some questions about houses/workshops/crafting:

> Are all workshops not available in all houses? If I look at the 'info' panel for a house and it indicates something like "Residence, Woodshop and Storage", does that mean I can never use it for anything else...or would I need to 'upgrade' to open-up more options?

> When I look at some of the options on a house I see things like "Storage" with two ticks next to it, and the information indicates it has level one and two available...but I have seen mention of higher levels being available -- will the higher levels become available in that house as I upgrade it, or is the listed number of levels I see in the beginning the highest that house can be 'upgraded' to?

> So far I have only seen the 'ticks' for additional available levels on Storage and Lodging, but not on the Workshops (have only looked at a few places so far)...are all Workshops able to be upgraded to higher levels, or only the ones that show it as being available when I am looking at the information panel for the house...so if a house panel shows "Woodshop" for example, but does not show an option for additional levels is that shop limited to only level-1?

> Does my character's level/skill/points limit what I can see regarding options in a house...by that I mean: since I have only played two days and have low-level skills and low amounts of energy & CP does that affect the number of levels and/or options I see when I look at the information panel of a house...as I go up in skill and points would I then be able to see more options in a house that I currently only see 2 or 3 in?

> What do the numbers on a house mean or indicate...I see houses with numbers like 2-2, 1-3, etc.? (Note: those might not be actual numbers in-game, as I don't have game here so just going from poor memory).

Thank you for your time and assistance.

2. Mimimimi

you can only choose one. you can or sell/upgrade them again at very little cost so don't be shy to experiment. the only limit are your CP which are used while a house is purchased, you get them back when you sell it.

the arrows indicated the maximum level. higher level houses are rare and not everywhere available. for example there is only one level 5 armor workshop in altinova and calpheon

> So far I have only seen the 'ticks' for additional available levels on Storage and Lodging, but not on the Workshops (have only looked at a few places so far)...are all Workshops able to be upgraded to higher levels, or only the ones that show it as being available when I am looking at the information panel for the house...so if a house panel shows "Woodshop" for example, but does not show an option for additional levels is that shop limited to only level-1?
    https://i.imgur.com/Ev7yx19.png
    these are only level 1 and cannot be upgraded higher

> Does my character's level/skill/points limit what I can see regarding options in a house...by that I mean: since I have only played two days and have low-level skills and low amounts of energy & CP does that affect the number of levels and/or options I see when I look at the information panel of a house...as I go up in skill and points would I then be able to see more options in a house that I currently only see 2 or 3 in?
    you can see all houses in a city at any level. hint: some resource nodes outside of cities must be unlocked with energy first
    take a look at this map for a good overview http://www.somethinglovely.net/bdo/

> What do the numbers on a house mean or indicate...I see houses with numbers like 2-2, 1-3, etc.? (Note: those might not be actual numbers in-game, as I don't have game here so just going from poor memory).
    it's just house numbers to name them. the first number indicates a street(?) and shows they belong together. you need to invest CP into them from lowest to highest.

Celthon likes this.
  3. Celthon

Thank you for reply and clarifications.

Additional question about storage...if I invest in a "Storage" house it indicates I gain additional storage spaces -- do those apply ONLY to the storage in that town/city or everywhere?

4. Foggen

Foggen Musa 63 NA

Storage is on a per-city basis.

Celthon likes this.
  5. Celthon

Thank you.

6. GM Ammy

Game Master

Hey there @Celthon!

Welcome to Black Desert Online! We're happy to have you :)

There isn't anything for me to add that @Mimimimi and @Foggen haven't already said!

If you need help figuring out the mechanics of our game, or if you need some guidance on certain parts of the game, you can always check out the guides on our Forums. There are also Knowledge Base Articles for common issues players may have and you can find them here. If you are still stuck even after checking the guides and the articles, our Customer Support is always there to answer any queries you may have. You can send them a ticket via our support site.

Have a great day! ^^

Celthon likes this.