1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused by questing in BDO

Discussion in 'New Adventurers' started by Mashugana, Jun 14, 2017.

1. Mashugana

I am struggling to understand how questing fits it. I'm new and it feel like I spend more time running across the map for the Black Spirit than fighting things. I am playing BDO casually for fun so I do not care about min/max or end game - I want to just learn the game on my first character. I'm used the themepark questing (WoW) and more open world action hack and slash (Terra). BDO is meddled for me.

So:
    1. Tutorial? People and the game say 'after the tutorial you can xxx'. When is the tutorial over? It seems like one Black Spirit quest just bleeds into the other.
    2. Skip questing? Can I ignore the Black Spirit and just run around and explore and grind?
    3. Black Spirit vs Town quests: What is the difference? Is there a point where the Black Spirit quests stop and I do town quests? Do I do them simultaneously? It feels hard to follow both - the Black Spirit line is very linear - I can't tell when to stop in a village and look around.
    tl;dr: Can I skip quests or do them at will? Or do I need to follow a certain chain?

Thank you

2. LeWaffles

The tutorial is most likely over for you.
    You CAN skip questing and go off and just explore and grind, but at least on your first character I highly recommend doing all black spirit quests you can, as you get valuable Inventory slots, CP, and other rewards.
    Black spirit quests take priority, but feel free to do some town quests if you feel like it. Press O and it will bring up your quest log, go to main and do the ones for inventory expansion and the level appropriate region questchains and anything that has a black spirit symbol right next to it.

If you decide to play another character after you have some gear and money, that's when you might be able to get away with just grinding up.

3. 6footgeeks

Questing In BDO has its advantages, but its a totally optional thing to o. you can totally skip it, watch a few youtube guides and do what you want to do.

however, I would reccommend that you do the BS quests on your first play through, most of the lore of the world is in those quests as well as a few very nice Goodies. Press 'O' to open up the quest tab and and look at your suggested quest, in that tab there will be 'inventory expansion quests' do those :P

1. Tutorial is pretty much up to level 50, life skills have their own tutorial quests that you cn open up by looking at your BS and pressing the 'GUIDE' Button
    2. BS quests cover the bare basics of the lore, your personal story and basic rewards and **** Town quests develop the lore further, give CP energy quests as well as Life skill development and quests

4. CM Yukimura

Community Manager

I would definitely complete all Black Spirit quests, getting energy/contribution points and expand inventory are among the things you will regret soon if skipped. But BDO gives freedom with no limits, so feel free to explore as much as you wish, just be sure you are prepared for your enemies.

Enjoy!

5. Mashugana

thanks all :)